Aug 4, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #8,371 of 18,026
Dont
i really fancy getting the hook-x
Seen nothing but good reviews about it and i fancy getting it
But
7hz r making a new planar and not by there sub brand that made the dioko

So will wait and c what they do

Also as soon as the EDP ACE+ preorder comes out, im first inline 😂😂😂
You can buy my Hook x and know for yourself :) :)

Aug 4, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #8,373 of 18,026
With my main IEMs I use daily being the Monarch MKII and IER=Z1R, I'm really interested in hearing the EDP Ace and comparing them. Possibly will sell the MKII to get the Titan if I'm impressed with the Ace enough.

I wonder how the Titan would compare to the Seraph/Seraph+ being less expensive but being deemed "endgame" by Bob.

Aug 4, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #8,374 of 18,026
well for one its the bass
Oh the monarch has an amazing fitment and i never though the details were as resolving as the timeless ( got to be a planar thing) but maybe that was because the monarch needed to be burned in
Thanks,

I was suprised by excelent fit on the dioko and although the bass is very good there is just not enough of it. Its perfectly adequite for normal people but its not IMR levels.

Maybe it is a large planar thing, I found it very resolving. My favourite IMR so far is still the PB1, (planar) but I'm finding it missing frequencies/detail compared to the dioko which is unfortunate.

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #8,375 of 18,026
Symbol „Von der Community überprüft“

Dont
i really fancy getting the hook-x
Seen nothing but good reviews about it and i fancy getting it
But

So will wait and c what they do

Also as soon as the EDP ACE+ preorder comes out, im first inline 😂😂😂
I just got the Dioko here for testing purposes. This is no comparison to an IMR if you are seriously interested in the IMR sound. The sub-bass is strong, dry and creaky. Upper bass and lower mids play rather cool. The placement and resolution is very good for this price, but the upper mids and highs are boring in my ears. Of course, due to planar, it sounds slim overall. I have already been able to purchase S12, Clairvoyance, Monrach, RSV, Excalibur and other Thiaudio/7Hz/Softears for approx. listen week. Basically, what is written fits all of these IEM. In sub-disciplines, often in the bass, they are strong, but at the end of the day I listen with my IMR. Some of them also have a little more basic tone and are therefore a touch warmer. It depends on the tonal preferences.

Aug 4, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #8,377 of 18,026
How are people finding the staging on the ace?
EXCEPTIONAL
Havent tested for accuracy as yet but it really is like hearing albums again for the first time. Such fun to be able to wander around the 3D holographic room exploring all the different instruments - which all have a lot of space around them to really enjoy the quality of tone and timbre that the drivers are offering
Will need to go through filters again once burned in as the sound has matured after 100+ hours

Aug 4, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #8,378 of 18,026
You can buy my Hook x and know for yourself :) :)
I have the Salnotes Dioko, the Shuoer S12 and had the Timeless 7hz for a couple of weeks. I like them all but comparing with hybrids like the Ace and the TRi S3 is complicated. The Dioko is very nice. He made a good job, but it is 'audiophile' in the sense of having just borderline 'enough' bass, but great clarity. The Timeless was quite laid back to me, but great for smooth vocals and many jazz vocals. Of the three the Shuoer S12 has good bass and absolutely exceptional texturing of wound strings and drum skins. I preferred the 'Big' sound of the S12. The TRi i3 has great qualities, but the bass never comes out as textured and the drum skins never as textured as the pure and larger planar drivers. As a whole though the TRi i3 still sounds great and the bass is deep.....but not particularly detailed and textured. The Ace has a lot more up it's sleeve, but I am yet to hear the 'drum skin' texturing and nuances with the Ace (still to burn in), as of the S12. As a whole package the Ace is definitely 'first past the post'. It has the best treble of all of them, definitely the best mids, and bass is enough for my taste, plenty really. If I could only have one....it's a no-brainer....the Ace is the most complete, but the larger planars, especially the S12 can texture bass and mids extremely well. Size matters with Planars for texturing.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #8,379 of 18,026
I wonder if it's a general shift in IMR tuning or just intentional for this particular model. Before Avalon, IMR products had somewhat recessed vocals (at least those that I bought). But now, Ace seems to follow in Avalon's footsteps. Not sure what vocals are like on DM or Zenith II.
Any direct comparison of sound between Avalon vs Ace ??

Aug 4, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #8,380 of 18,026
Aug 4, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #8,382 of 18,026
I've been listening to the EDP Ace all day long and it is GOOD. It certainly beats the Hybrid DD, Planar, BA, TRi i3....does it outperform the Raptgo Hook X? Que? C'mon guys put yourselves on the line.....:L3000:

Put it this way - If i was travelling or walking about with my 'travel DAP' the Hook-X are superb and really interesting as the soundstage is so 3D huge and engaging. Really nicely tuned tonality and natural timbre.
I would be more than happy to go on holiday with them.
However getting the TOTL DAP out in my room at home with the ACE then its clear how much more accomplished the ACE is. From memory (after a quick listen) - a lot more body + lush
Also I remember thinking how well the highs are tuned on the ACE compared to the Hook-x . . . not that you notice anything 'off' with the highs with the Hook-x :)

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #8,384 of 18,026
Just some heads up for those, who are still waiting for tracking to go live:

If your tracking number from IMR email is not working, go to the order page on the IMR website and check if the tracking number there is different.

For me that happened to be the case and I only learned it when Bob (on my enquiry) responded that the number is working 😆 And I was like: "what?! how?!" - and only then it dawned on me to go and check the product page and lo and behold there is a different (working) tracking number.

Aug 5, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #8,385 of 18,026
Just some heads up for those, who are still waiting for tracking to go live:

If your tracking number from IMR email is not working, go to the order page on the IMR website and check if the tracking number there is different.

For me that happened to be the case and I only learned it when Bob (on my enquiry) responded that the number is working 😆 And I was like: "what?! how?!" - and only then it dawned on me to go and check the product page and lo and behold there is a different (working) tracking number.
So good to see all of you getting the Aces. They have been a long time coming....a long, long time. The wait increases anticipation. There was much talk about the bass being increased, and although I never had the EDP OG the bass, for a more allegedly centered, balanced offering, is plenty. What has surprised me is the shimmer of the treble and the details. How did he get that from a DD, Planar and Bone Conductor? Totally unexpected and surprising. They have a very high end treble to my ears.....detail without fatigue as they burn-in. These definitely are mid focused, not through lack of other frequencies, just because positioning and staging of vocals is a little closer than the usual IMR sets that I have. It is balanced but not in the often seen, boring, balanced manner....... because the Ace is exciting in all the main frequencies. Mid bass is big enough, the sub-bass is the only FR I hope develops a bit over burn-in/time. The Ace is quite a surprise for me. I wish at under £300 everybody could have a pair of these.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back