Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 4, 2022 at 4:41 AM Post #8,356 of 18,037
I'm interested in the way The Dark Matter and IMR Ace get their Bone Conduction. It'd generally thought on the DM the smaller 6mm CNT is in contact with the DM shell. With the Ace it is a proper BC unit (based on BA???). I reckon the DM method using the DD is more noticeable. The Ace whilst being really top sounding, isn't quite as dramatic as the Dark Matter, which makes every track, live/life like, very involving sub and mid-bass. The Ace on the second day are 'coherent', I don't know how he get's the three drivers to work together so seamlessly. I think the way the DM presents Sub-Bass and rumble is the best I have heard, probably due to Bob's method of Bone Conduction. The BC on the Ace seems to work with parts of the treble and upper-mids more and makes treble and details have some very nice, detailed, focus and shimmer and seasoned with a little subtle vibration. Amazing.

So what your saying is the next last ever special build next year needs

6mm CNT BC
11.5mm CNT DD
Sonion BC
Quad EST
Planar

AKA the Dark Titan Ace+ Pro

Aug 4, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #8,357 of 18,037
Yes very tempting indeed but sure is a lot of money and I did not care much for the Avalon & Ozar. I just recieved the 7hz dioko and boy are these great for the money, Honestly apart from a little peak at 9khz they seem to have all the IMR's I have had beat in the trebble and mid department (Semper, RAH, PB1, Ozar, Halcyon, Avalon, Zenith).

I'm looking at that Monarch MKII as well but we dont have many options when also wanting very good/strong bass, the only one that I am looking at now is the Titan and Moondrop Variations.

If bob can mannage to build the Titan to be high resolution and have a smooth full trebble range without reasonably peaks or dips it could be the ultimate for me but my experience so far is that mids/higs can be beaten by the $99 dioko so I'm sitting on the fence here still undecided.

I am perfectly happy to use EQ to get the perfect response from an IEM but since I use them working in live sound between a wide veriety of equipment I cant use EQ in that situation as it would be inconsistent. Therefore I am still hoping for something that achieves fairly "percieved" flat target response (mids through highs) but with a very strong bass or specifically sub bass boost.

If I generate a decent ammount of money maybe I will bite on the Titan, the premise is hard to pass up and even the variations would probably not be as strong in the bass response as seen with the RAH.
hp.jpghp2.jpg
Not sure how much difference there is in sound quality between the monarch mk1 and mk2 but i have the mk1, imr avalons and edp ace. Lets just say the first two r gonna be up for sale :frowning2:
I dont even listen to my monarchs any more

Aug 4, 2022 at 4:58 AM Post #8,358 of 18,037
Well im sure my ace is more less burned in now

I absolutely love it

I think its me endgame iem now

I will be selling my monarch mk1 and my avalon and maybe maybe my i3 pro ( i need to do a comparison but i think ace wins hands down)

Was listening to akon last night and it just sounded amazing

I think i have found the right setup for it

Ibasso dx240 amp1 mk3 ( will get the amp8)
Imr black 2022 2.5mm cable

Blue lower and black top filter

DEEP MOUNT ear tips (works wonders altho i beed to try my spiral dots again)

oh and not to mention about the perfect fit for the ace

One of the things i hate about the avalon is the fitment

I will be emailing bob to ask if he can put my avalon drivers in an ace shell 😂😂

Edp ace well worth the ORIGINAL price

Aug 4, 2022 at 5:56 AM Post #8,361 of 18,037
Yes, just consider reversed polarity. You should insert the third party cables upside down to achieve the right sound.
this is no longer true for the current and new release

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:45 AM Post #8,362 of 18,037
Well im sure my ace is more less burned in now

I absolutely love it

I think its me endgame iem now

I will be selling my monarch mk1 and my avalon and maybe maybe my i3 pro ( i need to do a comparison but i think ace wins hands down)

Was listening to akon last night and it just sounded amazing

I think i have found the right setup for it

Ibasso dx240 amp1 mk3 ( will get the amp8)
Imr black 2022 2.5mm cable

Blue lower and black top filter

DEEP MOUNT ear tips (works wonders altho i beed to try my spiral dots again)

oh and not to mention about the perfect fit for the ace

One of the things i hate about the avalon is the fitment

I will be emailing bob to ask if he can put my avalon drivers in an ace shell 😂😂

Edp ace well worth the ORIGINAL price
A part from fitment, how would you compare Avalon with Ace sound wise ?

Aug 4, 2022 at 8:09 AM Post #8,364 of 18,037
I will be selling my monarch mk1 and my avalon and maybe maybe my i3 pro ( i need to do a comparison

In my view, the Ace have it.

The implementation of the bone conduction is Ace! Forgive the pun, unintended but apt.

It is no secret that I am a TRI and IMR person, and I am keeping both I3s and both EDPs.

Aug 4, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #8,365 of 18,037
Not sure how much difference there is in sound quality between the monarch mk1 and mk2 but i have the mk1, imr avalons and edp ace. Lets just say the first two r gonna be up for sale :frowning2:
I dont even listen to my monarchs any more
Well thats very interesting indeed. Gives me a bit more faith in the the Titan if Bob says thats end game.

Care to elaborate?

Aug 4, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #8,366 of 18,037
Does anyone know if IMR Audio use standard 2pin connector?
Yep no isaues with the newest modles
Well thats very interesting indeed. Gives me a bit more faith in the the Titan if Bob says thats end game.

Care to elaborate?
well for one its the bass
I will need to get my monarch out for a spin as they got replaced by the i3 pro
Thats saying something altho its the planar that does it for me

But in the ace theres something else inside that makes my brain rumble and it feels soooo good 🤣🤣
The avalon never done this ( has a bc also) but the only thing i can think its the bc on the ace but its working better due to the better fitment

Oh the monarch has an amazing fitment and i never though the details were as resolving as the timeless ( got to be a planar thing) but maybe that was because the monarch needed to be burned in

I will have to give my monarch another spin tbh esp now i have the m15 and dx240 daps and a bunch of new tips

Only tried my monarchs on my r6 pro ( sometimes i love it more than my m15 ) lol

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #8,367 of 18,037
He announces Endgames like this each year for the last 3 years. And every new time with more and more drama in preorder description :)

Reminds me Semper and Avalon description.
Was justing thinking the same. My 3rd endgame to consider. Titan sounds like an Avalon sequel. Right now I think I'm swaying a little more to my Sempers. Might need to sit this one out. Look forward to Titan impressions.

Aug 4, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #8,368 of 18,037
The Ace has excellent mid-bass, sub-bass is good but not up to the Dark Matter. Buuuuut.....the treble and vocals on the Ace are quite something. Hard to find any 'Cons' on the IMR Ace. I think they will excell for any Genre of music. I would like to hear how they compare with the Raptgo Hook - X hybrid.

Aug 4, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #8,369 of 18,037
The Ace has excellent mid-bass, sub-bass is good but not up to the Dark Matter. Buuuuut.....the treble and vocals on the Ace are quite something. Hard to find any 'Cons' on the IMR Ace. I think they will excell for any Genre of music. I would like to hear how they compare with the Raptgo Hook - X hybrid.

You can buy my Hook x and know for yourself :)

Aug 4, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #8,370 of 18,037

Dont
i really fancy getting the hook-x
Seen nothing but good reviews about it and i fancy getting it
But
7hz r making a new planar and not by there sub brand that made the dioko

So will wait and c what they do

Also as soon as the EDP ACE+ preorder comes out, im first inline 😂😂😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back