Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 3, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #8,341 of 18,017
Aug 3, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #8,342 of 18,017
Aug 3, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #8,346 of 18,017
I have to give you the "energy" bit, but music?

I dare to differ, the screams of a hyena being struggled may sound better.

I must admit it was a welcome and unexpected distraction though 😀.

The music was behind the hyena, i defo heard it.

See i told you the best thing ever hahaha...

Aug 3, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #8,350 of 18,017
Comes across a wee bit honky, I might need to swap out my cable or ear tips to get the full effect.

You hit the nail on the head, i had initially thought to say if there was something to show how the OG Zenith is, then it is the that singing chicken, kinda honky but does something special at the same time lol.

Aug 3, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #8,351 of 18,017
Last edited:
Aug 4, 2022 at 1:54 AM Post #8,353 of 18,017
"This also marks the end of special builds."

In private chat with another member, I wondered about that statement. What counts as a "special build" in Bob's mind? Or, in other words, once the Titan, Avalon, DM, Seraph, EH, Seraph+ and Elan+ sell out ... what will IMR be selling?
That is a relevant question to ask. Maybe he is focusing on headphones or retiring? Or perhaps he is just going to focus on making iems like any other manufacturer and mass produce iems. He did after all just buy a factory or some sort of assembly line did he not? The FOMO in me wants to pull the trigger on the Titan, but with what I have incoming from IMR, I think I will hold off for now. Have to draw the line somewhere!

Aug 4, 2022 at 3:01 AM Post #8,354 of 18,017
The Titan is crazy tempting but I told myself I'd get the Meze 109 Pro's instead of more IEMs after I pre-ordered the Elan+.....Damn if it doesn't sound super unique though.

hmm, I wonder how they will compare to the Monarch MKII and UM Mest that are similarly priced.

The FOMO in me wants to pull the trigger on the Titan, but with what I have incoming from IMR, I think I will hold off for now. Have to draw the line somewhere!
Yes very tempting indeed but sure is a lot of money and I did not care much for the Avalon & Ozar. I just recieved the 7hz dioko and boy are these great for the money, Honestly apart from a little peak at 9khz they seem to have all the IMR's I have had beat in the trebble and mid department (Semper, RAH, PB1, Ozar, Halcyon, Avalon, Zenith).

I'm looking at that Monarch MKII as well but we dont have many options when also wanting very good/strong bass, the only one that I am looking at now is the Titan and Moondrop Variations.

If bob can mannage to build the Titan to be high resolution and have a smooth full trebble range without reasonably peaks or dips it could be the ultimate for me but my experience so far is that mids/higs can be beaten by the $99 dioko so I'm sitting on the fence here still undecided.

I am perfectly happy to use EQ to get the perfect response from an IEM but since I use them working in live sound between a wide veriety of equipment I cant use EQ in that situation as it would be inconsistent. Therefore I am still hoping for something that achieves fairly "percieved" flat target response (mids through highs) but with a very strong bass or specifically sub bass boost.

If I generate a decent ammount of money maybe I will bite on the Titan, the premise is hard to pass up and even the variations would probably not be as strong in the bass response as seen with the RAH.
hp.jpg
hp2.jpg

Aug 4, 2022 at 4:34 AM Post #8,355 of 18,017
I'm interested in the way The Dark Matter and IMR Ace get their Bone Conduction. It's generally thought on the DM the smaller 6mm CNT is in contact with the DM shell. With the Ace it is a proper BC unit (based on BA???). I reckon the DM method using the DD is more noticeable. The Ace whilst being really top sounding, isn't quite as dramatic as the Dark Matter, which makes every track, live/life like, on the Dark Matter, and with a very involving sub and mid-bass. The Ace on the second day are 'coherent', I don't know how he get's the three drivers to work together so seamlessly. I think the way the DM presents Sub-Bass and rumble is the best I have heard, probably due to Bob's own method of Bone Conduction. The BC on the Ace seems to work with parts of the treble and upper-mids more and makes treble have some very nice, detailed, focus and shimmer and seasoned with a little subtle vibration. Amazing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back