Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 29, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #8,101 of 18,535
But how did he know? He opened the shells? Seems weird to accuse you. Like you took out the BAs or what? Or they have changed the specs on release and you quoted the old ones?

Seems like a strange course of action: buy an IEM and immediately start counting drivers. 🤔

Either way I can imagine your surprise, man 😞
yes, he opened the shell as he was not satisfied with the sound. He had good experience with BA drivers sound. That's why he opened the shell when it was not sounding typically like a BA driver IEM.

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #8,102 of 18,535
So experimentally speaking, is there some difference in the design of the ETS filters to the usual ones?
Or is there some change in audio dynamics, soundstage, diameter difference?
Yet to receive mine and am a little curious.
I remember him saying he had changed the holes, [and mesh?] but you can see from the pic they seem thicker with a narrower bore. (Blue are ETS)
Had a quick listen to all of them. Its looking like they are changing the over all flavour. They are NOT just Xtra bass, mids or treble as you might think by their colours!

Very much liking what I am hearing though. The DM is a little bit similar to the EDP/= for me in that I could never quite get the tuning dialed in for perfection like I have now done for the Semper

The ETS seem like the old secret magical orange filter that Bob once sent me that just magically got the tuning I wanted from the EDP o_0
Im really liking the sound with the green filter - The only obvious change I picked up from them all with a quick listen was more bass-midbass with the Grey.

The organic deep richness of bass guitars with the green though is phenomenal

I think other people will need to add their thoughts on the ETS - What they are offering is quite subtle. Hard to explain but they seemed to have certainly got me a lot closer to a place where I can be 100% happy now with the DM

IMG_0628.JPG

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #8,103 of 18,535
To add to what @jon parker said about the Ace:

They are slightly bigger than the original EDP (obviously with more drivers) and touch harder to drive but not too much. To my eyes they do not look as good as the original EDP but to me that is where the advantage ends for the original, the EDP Ace are special.

20220729_104035.jpg

The nozzles are shorter than the EDP but get your double flange tips ready. I am ordering triple flange tips to give me better insertion depth (that is as clean as I could express it).

I put them in last night for sleeping, put my sleeping tracks on, and fell asleep...a half an hour or so, I was woken up by sub-bass like I have not felt from any other other earphones (bone conduction like no other, not that I have tried them all). It may be the bone conduction but the note weight has heft.

Naturally, I stayed awake and listened to the track and then I hear this astonishing treble extension, it was just so rich. Pianos notes sound so natural but also the decay on the are like sitting by the piano, this is not reverberation, the note does not repeat it just has a natural tail off. I was using nothing more than the Fiio BTR5.

I honestly do not think Bob was aware that these would sound so good when he was pricing these earphones.

As Jon said, do not cancel your order just hang on in there, even if you disagree with us, you would be making that decision after you have heard them for yourself.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #8,104 of 18,535
They are slightly bigger than the original EDP (obviously with more drivers) and touch harder to drive but not too much. To my eyes they do not look as good as the original EDP but to me that is where the advantage ends for the original, the EDP Ace are special.
The ACE look sooooo much better than the EDP, just look at it. I do wish the info was included from Bob about the size change which is a good thing it is larger and also we never knew the colour being white until he posted the pics on Insta, initial pre order they looked silver, someone asked and Bob said it will be black and then he made the best choice and you got white. Damn i so want one now.

I honestly do not think Bob was aware that these would sound so good when he was pricing these earphones.
Not a huge fan of pricing based on sound, they are not strictly mutual, slightly correlated yes. It is the performance to price ratio which is so refreshing.

Jul 29, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #8,105 of 18,535
To add to what @jon parker said about the Ace:

The nozzles are shorter than the EDP but get your double flange tips ready. I am ordering triple flange tips to give me better insertion depth (that is as clean as I could express it).

I put them in last night for sleeping, put my sleeping tracks on, and fell asleep...a half an hour or so, I was woken up by sub-bass like I have not felt from any other other earphones (bone conduction like no other, not that I have tried them all). It may be the bone conduction but the note weight has heft.

Naturally, I stayed awake and listened to the track and then I hear this astonishing treble extension, it was just so rich. Pianos notes sound so natural but also the decay on the are like sitting by the piano, this is not reverberation, the note does not repeat it just has a natural tail off. I was using nothing more than the Fiio BTR5.

As Jon said, do not cancel your order just hang on in there, even if you disagree with us, you would be making that decision after you have heard them for yourself.
Thank you for comparison!

Ace reminds me the Avalon, which appeared to be noticeable bigger to fit all the drivers inside. Design-vise, OG EDP‘s smooth shape and curves looks better for me than squared new one, which takes away some magic from initial design.

I’m happy to read your sound impressions and eagerly wait for Ace to arrive :)

I hope Zenith will be astonishing iems too, as they are versatile enough to became a daily iem for home and street use

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #8,106 of 18,535
Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference GQ*********GB . Please try again tomorrow.

Promised shipping on 25,26,27 July. Still not a word. Not even an email of apology, which would be human.

Jul 29, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #8,108 of 18,535
Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference GQ*********GB . Please try again tomorrow.

Promised shipping on 25,26,27 July. Still not a word. Not even an email of apology, which would be human.

EDP Ace & Zenith II - SHIPPED - All shipments being processed by post office. Please wait while shipments update and tracking becomes live . Most shipments not tracking with balance complete by Monday 1st August.

25,26,27 -> 1st August 😃

Jul 29, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #8,110 of 18,535
Update:
…..Most shipments not tracking with balance complete by Monday 1st August.
Sorry, what does this mean?

Jul 29, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #8,111 of 18,535
So it will sit all weekend and maybe, finally, start moving Monday. Based on past experience, then, the soonest I could expect mine is Aug. 11.

Jul 29, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #8,112 of 18,535
Update:
I guess that everything has shipped, but some tracking numbers are not working...just my guess.

Jul 29, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #8,113 of 18,535
Argy Remix

Stars above
Used to be my eyes
So low
My high is gone
Swallowed by the tides
So strong
Been losin' my way, baby
Been losin' my way
Tell me what you waitin' for
Tell me what you need
You don't have to suffer here alone in silence
Come and let me hold you close
Wash away the tears
I fall
Heavy as a stone
Sinkin'
My skies are cold
But somethin' in my bones
Is callin'
Been losin' my way, baby
Been losin' my way
Tell me what you waitin' for
Tell me what you need
Come and let me hold you close
Wash away the tears

Dark Matter Album

Jul 29, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #8,114 of 18,535
There's a 40% chance that i get my zenith and ace today... Man! So excited !!!!!

I know I have lots to expect from ace but I'm more excited for zenith II

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-29-11-19-51-22_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-29-11-19-51-22_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    729.8 KB · Views: 0
Jul 29, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #8,115 of 18,535
Update:
'Balance complete' meaning with any and all remaining units - will be moving from Monday 1st

Users who are viewing this thread

Back