Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 29, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #8,088 of 18,530
I’m with @ChrisOc. I’m not sure anyone who has their Ace has been insensitive to those of us (which sounds like it’s the vast majority of Ace buyers) who are still on the waiting train. I personally feel better knowing actual product is shipping and that it’s worth the wait.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #8,089 of 18,530
The open option on Ace was part of why I decided to order Ace. But I know that when you preorder IMR months ahead of delivery the initial specs are just a blueprint of what Bob thinks is needed to achieve the sound he's aiming for. In the end open back didn't work out on Ace and it isn't a problem for me as long as I get the kind of sound I expect. From the first impressions it looks like I will. Tuning on Avalon level but an IEM more suitable for every day on the go listening.

Jul 29, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #8,090 of 18,530
I have to object on this one,

"...too many are just concerned about themselves and now they have their Ace are not concerned with others".

I know you too well, you have a kind heart, so I am not offended, our friendship remains intact, but my unfairness gland is triggered, in the mildest possible sense.

As far as I know there should be three of us who received their Ace, @jon parker, @Shadowelite (if he got to the Post Office and if they find his parcel) and I.

Jon Parker (probably at work now) has given us his initial impressions, he has tried to soothe the despair of those who have yet to receive their EDP Ace. He has tried to make peace in the face of perfectly justified anger.

I have posted by initial impressions, and tried to give some support (in between work phone calls) maybe I could have done more, but quite apart from the fact that we (those of us who have received the EDP Ace) are helpless to do anything about this sorry mess, we were all in this situation together until yesterday, there is also the issue that if we talk too much about the Ace we might appear to be gloating when others are seething with anger. We have to balance between "I do not care about what you think, I want what I paid for", and giving some hope that the wait will be worthwhile, without trying to justify the unjustified delay.

Steve, as I cannot speak for the others who received their Ace, I ask, am I being unfair on this one?
Nope they cant find my ace 😭😭😭 bloody typical
I hope bob made spare ace’s

Jul 29, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #8,091 of 18,530
I have to object on this one,

"...too many are just concerned about themselves and now they have their Ace are not concerned with others".

I know you too well, you have a kind heart, so I am not offended, our friendship remains intact, but my unfairness gland is triggered, in the mildest possible sense.

As far as I know there should be three of us who received their Ace, @jon parker, @Shadowelite (if he got to the Post Office and if they find his parcel) and I.

Jon Parker (probably at work now) has given us his initial impressions, he has tried to soothe the despair of those who have yet to receive their EDP Ace. He has tried to make peace in the face of perfectly justified anger.

I have posted by initial impressions, and tried to give some support (in between work phone calls) maybe I could have done more, but quite apart from the fact that we (those of us who have received the EDP Ace) are helpless to do anything about this sorry mess, we were all in this situation together until yesterday, there is also the issue that if we talk too much about the Ace we might appear to be gloating when others are seething with anger. We have to balance between "I do not care about what you think, I want what I paid for", and giving some hope that the wait will be worthwhile, without trying to justify the unjustified delay.

Steve, as I cannot speak for the others who received their Ace, I ask, am I being unfair on this one?
Hi Chris

You know me better than anyone here. I' m not seething at all. We were told they all go out at once. It took a lot of trust for me to buy from IMR knowing what I know, but I gave the benefit of the doubt. When we were given the 25 and 26th I got excited. Now I would as happily have a refund as get the Ace because as amazing as it will surely be, I find diffuse untruths, changing dates, changing build....not for me. Others will find it OK. I happen to find 'messers', not the best to deal with....and this ACE affair is not the way to do business.
I admire Bob's creative ability and always say so openly and clearly, and in MANY ways he is kind and attentive. How the business is run though is just plain wrong. Seeing so many others, complaining about specs, delivery times, broken promises, affects me. A letter was even sent to Bob by the thread. I have always been open and even though Bob's IEMs are the best I know, the way the business run is unethical to me. Others may agree or disagree but that is where I stand.

Jul 29, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #8,092 of 18,530
Nope they cant find my ace 😭😭😭 bloody typical
I hope bob made spare ace’s
I hope the Post Office sorts it out for you soon.

I am sure you do not want to have to wait for another Ace to be posted to you, after your grandchildren have had their grandchildren!

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #8,093 of 18,530
Hi Chris

You know me better than anyone here. I' m not seething at all. We were told they all go out at once. It took a lot of trust for me to buy from IMR knowing what I know, but I gave the benefit of the doubt. When we were given the 25 and 26th I got excited. Now I would as happily have a refund as get the Ace because as amazing as it will surely be, I find diffuse untruths, changing dates, changing build....not for me. Others will find it OK. I happen to find 'messers', not the best to deal with....and this ACE affair is not the way to do business.
I admire Bob's creative ability and always say so openly and clearly, and in MANY ways he is kind and attentive. How the business is run though is just plain wrong. Seeing so many others, complaining about specs, delivery times, broken promises, affects me. A letter was even sent to Bob by the thread. I have always been open and even though Bob's IEMs are the best I know, the way the business run is unethical to me. Others may agree or disagree but that is where I stand.
Steve, as I said our friendship remains intact. Without sounding weird, those of us who know you, know you are a once in a lifetime kind person.

No offence, just that mild one. Sorted.

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #8,094 of 18,530
I hope folks don't mind but a couple more findings about the ACE (4.4 bal / Newbee foam tips / Grey low/Blue top)

1. the mozzle seems shorter than other IMR's
2. the shape of the shell gives a lot more skin contact than other IMRs - This should improve the effect of the bone conduction drivers. Fit seems fine - don't notice them when they are in although I always use foam so that tends to make its own fit
3. One very interesting thing that I haven't heard before is hearing BOTH the Ultra stiff ADLC/CNT drivers working AND the Planar magnet drivers working together and separately. Hard to explain but hearing the fast transient hits of drums with the CNT and ALSO the more analog smoother presentation of the Planar.
To the degree where if I thought about it I could sometimes hear both separately but - without analysing its just the mix as a whole.. . . very early days though. A lot of burn in until all the drivers settle in to their respective roles

PLEASE don't ask for refund. Hang in there. These really are shaping up to be of one of Bob's best
I know its a double edged sword saying that whilst still waiting but at least people are not waiting for a Beats knock off headphone coming from China

To answer a question a few pages. These are nothing like the EDP - They are in a whole 'nother class
Authoritative, weighty, warm, clarity, balanced thick, rich, natural mids, analog with digital clarity
Very flexible - presentation changes depending on genre - sometimes analog and smooth, sometimes crisp clean and
detailed
Great energy and not afraid to rock out! They sound like they are in their prime sound and are supremely confident in that so they give you all with nothing held back

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #8,097 of 18,530
So experimentally speaking, is there some difference in the design of the ETS filters to the usual ones?
Or is there some change in audio dynamics, soundstage, diameter difference?
Yet to receive mine and am a little curious.

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #8,098 of 18,530
mmm... sounds concerning 😟 not sure I'd like to hear that, but interesting observation
It was very late at night when I tend to have the most penetrative listening mind. I probably go a bit too far down the rabbit hole of intently analysing what drivers are doing. not really hearing it today tbh

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #8,099 of 18,530
I hope all this disappointment will wither away in next couple of weeks once everyone gets their much anticipated IEMs. In my opinion, getting a perfect IEM is a never ending journey especially for us head-fiers :) .Once your initial excitement gets settled for a new device, we start looking for new thing without actually thoroughly enjoying what we have at hand. There is no harm in this though. After all, this is what we called hobby, right?

While we are talking about specification change without notification, I would like to share one of my bad experience when I pre-ordered Phantom Master 6 from Trinity audio. it was advertised as having two dynamic drivers and four sonion BA drivers. I received mine after a rigorous follow-up of 4 months. By the time I received it, Bob had already announced his departure from Trinity audio. I needed some fund, so decided to sell it here in classifieds stating all the original specs mentioned in the trinity site. However,when the fellow head-fier received the IEM and told me that there were no BA drivers in there.it was only two dynamic drivers. He accused me of lying to him and opened a case in paypal. It was a shock for me. However, we mutually agreed to settle the case for just $50 and it was closed. I hold owners of Trinity audio for this cheating not Bob.I shared this with Bob and he was shocked too.

Hope you will all get your IMR products soon and immerse in it pure magical sound.

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #8,100 of 18,530
However,when the fellow head-fier received the IEM and told me that there were no BA drivers in there.
But how did he know? He opened the shells? Seems weird to accuse you. Like you took out the BAs or what? Or they have changed the specs on release and you quoted the old ones while he looked at the new ones and thus called you out?

Seems like a strange course of action: buy an IEM and immediately start counting drivers. 🤔

Either way I can imagine your surprise, man 😞

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back