Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 28, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #8,056 of 18,530
I really hope everyone gets their orders soon so you can hear what has been achieved with the ACE
that will be the only thing that proves if the compromises and delays have been worth it.

Jul 28, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #8,059 of 18,530
You deserve a medal trying to make peace amongst the "mutinous" troops!
...Or Im just trying to add a black (2.5bal) cable into my collection

[walks away whistling nonchalantly]

Jul 28, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #8,060 of 18,530
I'm sure I'll like the IEM I'm just annoyed there was no communication about it not being able to run in the openback configuration properly. I can't wrap my head around why he wouldn't have said something already but at this point I'm just beating a dead horse. I have so many IEMs but I thought that ability + driver config really made this IEM a unique buy and was really looking forward to trying it for some gaming (don't judge me!). Oh well, I trust Jon that is sounds great as is so at least it isn't wasted money lol

Jul 28, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #8,061 of 18,530
I'm sure I'll like the IEM I'm just annoyed there was no communication about it not being able to run in the openback configuration properly. I can't wrap my head around why he wouldn't have said something already but at this point I'm just beating a dead horse. I have so many IEMs but I thought that ability + driver config really made this IEM a unique buy and was really looking forward to trying it for some gaming (don't judge me!). Oh well, I trust Jon that is sounds great as is so at least it isn't wasted money lol
Don't judge me either but if a wide 3D soundstage with clarity and amazing separation is helpful for [coughs] someone trying to sneak up behind you to 'take your tags' the Hook-X is very much worth a look :wink:

Jul 28, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #8,063 of 18,530
My Initial Impressions of the Ace

Of course this is without burn-in and very early days. These are a highly competent set of IEMs.

I have to say, in my view, they look better on the renders than in the "flesh". It may be the colour being slightly less white compared to the renders, which makes them look a touch platicky, or that IMR logo seems less bold than on the renders but having said all that do not despair, they feel solid but more importantly they sound good.....no.......I mean very good!

I would describe them as U shaped with a warm tilt. Mids are not prominent or sometimes even evident, just sufficient, until you play a mid focussed track and they seem to wake up, not to slap you in the face, but to caress your ears. This is coming from listening to one of the best midrange IEMs, which I am currently listening to for review. The EDP Ace has a lot to give.

The treble does not shy away either, there is lots of information coming at you but no sibilance.

Odd to start at mids, not treble or bass, here is why.....yes, I know it is early days, but I am dreading my Opus Mia experience may happen again, I hope not, for me the mid-bass is far too dominant, but I may be the devil in the room full of angels, I still love all my other IMR sets, even the Opus Mia, when they behave themselves. When you play the bass guitar, you want to hear the other instruments, you and the drummer (generally) give them timing but you don't want to them to follow you want to act together, so you want to hear them and in the mayhem you feel your baselines, which brings me to the sub-bass. One word, accomplished! A track to from Melody Gardot, "Bad News", which highlights the comptence of the EDP Ace.

Ok and another, Randy Crawford and Joe Sample, "Rio De Jenero Blues".

Enjoy your music.

Great first impressions Chris! So far the impressions have been on the Ace. Anyone has the Zenith yet? Love to hear impressions also! So far I have tracking information for my Zenith. Not yet for the Ace. Still tells me to check back tomorrow!

Jul 28, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #8,064 of 18,530
Jul 28, 2022 at 11:07 PM Post #8,065 of 18,530
Thank you @jon parker for the first impressions I'm salivating at the prospect of getting home to mine. I personally don't really care about open back/ not open scenario I have the Hook X I read the full IMR site from top to bottom before ordering so was aware changes were possible. I'm strange it seems as I'm none too phased by late delivery as I'm into the hobby and have new IEMs from other manufacturers falling through my letter box to play with. I order from Ali express which is a real crap shoot when it comes to delivery. I have also lost quite a few hundred quid on failed Kickstarter projects over the years life's a gamble and so far IMR have been a sure thing with amazing rewards. A bit of a ramble sorry but still buzzing from finding an original KISS pinball machine and being able to play it for a couple of hours 😆. 57 going on 15

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #8,066 of 18,530
Thank you @jon parker for the first impressions I'm salivating at the prospect of getting home to mine. I personally don't really care about open back/ not open scenario I have the Hook X I read the full IMR site from top to bottom before ordering so was aware changes were possible. I'm strange it seems as I'm none too phased by late delivery as I'm into the hobby and have new IEMs from other manufacturers falling through my letter box to play with. I order from Ali express which is a real crap shoot when it comes to delivery. I have also lost quite a few hundred quid on failed Kickstarter projects over the years life's a gamble and so far IMR have been a sure thing with amazing rewards. A bit of a ramble sorry but still buzzing from finding an original KISS pinball machine and being able to play it for a couple of hours 😆. 57 going on 15
Haha! Life's a bitch. Order from AE and hope for the best! Like striking lottery when one arrives! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jul 29, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #8,070 of 18,530
I still have this annoying message:

Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference RNXXXXXXXXGB . Please try again tomorrow

I think I'll wait since I'm sure it will be worth it. However, I also have to say that it will be the last time I buy something from Bob that he doesn't have in stock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back