• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 28, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #8,011 of 18,530
So there should an open and closed port. I also remember this when I ordered it
This sentence is also attached with the first post regarding close/open filters.
I remember well this point. Just because my first IMR were Opus Mia. I liked open shell instead of the closed variant.
But regarding the color I'm pretty sure nothing changed from the first mention and renders of EDP ACE. If not seraph announcement that could confuse. Elan+ also share the same shell form factor (black with red screws).

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #8,013 of 18,530
The new IMR sets really improve with cable changes. A few days ago I recieved the NiceHCK LitzOCC cable. Pure copper makes my Splash Of Gold sound warm and more punchy. This cable is close to perfect for this set and also cheap.
Nice i have the gct5 version and i am 100% sure it make my i3 pro and avalons sound better so much so i bought another cable just for my ace

Jul 28, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #8,014 of 18,530
Somehow I also remember it having red. Though I don't really care, so not gonna bet on it, but I was surprised to read in the comments that it has never been the case. But you are not alone in this (false?) memory.
I saved the first image of EDP ACE 25th of January 10th 5th of January and there are dark stripes.
Facebook post from December with the dark stripes
@Shadowelite @curicat so as I said seraph announcement made a joke with you )

1659035824225.png

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #8,015 of 18,530
The cable I use is a MMCX cable with an 2 pin to MMCX adapter. The sound is now both more detailed, clean and impactful. The difference is actually huge when comparing this cable to a pure silver or SPC cable. Different DAPs make an even bigger impact on the sound this set can produce. It is like suddenly using a different IEM.

For IMR sets you really need to max out DAP capabilites and cables.

Jul 28, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #8,016 of 18,530
The cable I use is a MMCX cable with an 2 pin to MMCX adapter. The sound is now both more detailed, clean and impactful. The difference is actually huge when comparing this cable to a pure silver or SPC cable. Different DAPs make an even bigger impact on the sound this set can produce. It is like suddenly using a different IEM.

For IMR sets you really need to max out DAP capabilites and cables.
Totally agree. Cables plus sources can drastically change your experience with iems/headphones.
Till one month ago I was sure I'm going to sell Avalon, before I changed the stock cable and that was the first sign. Now I have another amp for my DAP and pure silver cable, my listening experience on Avalon never been so good. 😊

Jul 28, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #8,017 of 18,530
I've been listening to these two songs so many times the last few weeks I wanted to share those with you.
Listening to them with my Avalon's is almost addicting if you are into EDM/Psytrance.

There were on the first batch many reports and complaints of loss of sound on one side but not a total loss of sound. Mine are from the first batch also and i had no issues at all but then it happened a good few months later. I figured it was probably ear wax blocking up the tuning filter over the end of nozzle, so i whipped that off and there was another filter underneath so i whipped that off too and now run them completely filterless. Then on initial release there was the promise of an app which arrived and then was removed and then it came back again. The app has the hearing test EQ tuning and you can also custom EQ. The filters were probably to dampen the treble from the BA which made them sound pretty good out of the box but also tuned for the masses bass wise, removing the filter adds more clarity and cleans the bass up and the EQ whilst not great actually does a good job tuning for your hearing.You can cheat the hearing test too, first do it genuinely then listen for a while if anything sticks out as peaky then lie on the test around that frequency or just tweak the EQ.

So remove the filters if you do not like the out of the box sound. That is the Mod.
Then do the hearing test to auto set the EQ and then tweak the EQ if your still not happy. That is the tweak.

I can run them on full volume and be satisfied and i do like extra loud in my IEM's, well any listening to be honest and i also do have approx a 50% hearing loss in both ears, so volume should be no issue to most people.
Battery life is genuinely great.
For the price they are fantastic value for TWS convenience.
I use silicone tips but not the supplied ones, nothing special i just needed a better shape and stiffness as in less stiff but these are personal preference things. Foam tips will also help dampen the treble if required.
A little off-topic but still better than just bad vibes from not shipped packages :p
Yesterday I received the H1 and these are amazing! Fit is tight but good, using them with the Moondrop Springtips. I really really like them. Especially for the price its a very convenient no-brainer. Thank you for the advice :)

Jul 28, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #8,020 of 18,530
To me it looks like the ventilated back bar now means you can just take the bar off, which is a no go for me. I too ordered mine and 100%, without a doubt, remember pictures of a ventilated backplate and that was a huge factor in my picking the EDP Ace over just ordering the Raptgo Hook-X that was already available. This is a huge disappointment to me as someone who has tried to remain positive through the shipping delays; the shadow changes to the product in a way that fundamentally changes it is really disheartening.

Jul 28, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #8,021 of 18,530
There is definitely a plastic strip screwed onto the side of the ACE (very dark red!)
I cant undue the screws as I don't have quite the right tip (and I don't want to mess the threads up forcing it) so either
a. there is another perforated strip underneath or
b. removing the strip unblocks a hole/gap/space

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #8,022 of 18,530
A little off-topic but still better than just bad vibes from not shipped packages :p
Yesterday I received the H1 and these are amazing! Fit is tight but good, using them with the Moondrop Springtips. I really really like them. Especially for the price its a very convenient no-brainer. Thank you for the advice :)

Aww that's great to hear, i have recommended them many times but you're the first to say you bought them and also like them, they are not the most feature packed but have just enough of what you need and sound fantastic.

Jul 28, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #8,023 of 18,530
There is definitely a plastic strip screwed onto the side of the ACE (very dark red!)
I cant undue the screws as I don't have quite the right tip (and I don't want to mess then threads up forcing it) so either
a. there is another perforated strip underneath or
b. removing the strip unblocks a hole/gap/space
My assumption was there would be two version of that black backplate and you would be able to swap to a ventilated one. Maybe it's underneath the solid one or something but up until recently photos even included a ventilated plate. If he's going to make changes and not ship with one he needs to explain, if he said it made no noticeable difference in the sound I'd say "Ok that's fine." I guess I'll see when mine eventually show up lol

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #8,024 of 18,530
To me it looks like the ventilated back bar now means you can just take the bar off, which is a no go for me. I too ordered mine and 100%, without a doubt, remember pictures of a ventilated backplate and that was a huge factor in my picking the EDP Ace over just ordering the Raptgo Hook-X that was already available. This is a huge disappointment to me as someone who has tried to remain positive through the shipping delays; the shadow changes to the product in a way that fundamentally changes it is really disheartening.
You wont be disappointed when you hear them

This is the picture from the original announcement in December 2021 - Where are seeing you pictures of an 'included' ventilated plate ??
The wording has changed so it looks like there is not intended to be an extra changeable plate with the final release and as per the T&C's
  • Final specification may alter from original if in our judgement it is sonically superior. I remember changing the plates of the knight and admittedly it was less that ideal as the screws that held the plates ALSO held the IEM together :0 so had to be very careful doing it. Ive emailed Bob but its looking like there might not be an open back version? Maybe - Not sure yet. I can't say Im disappointed because I haven't heard what an open back would have been like ! but as they are now - they are incredible so...

269631498_1229128560945078_7443497488332474029_n.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #8,025 of 18,530
Right slightly pissed off but not with bob 😂
Well i went to get my ace from post office, tracking is telling them its there but they cant find it 🤦🏻‍♂️
So i need to go back tomorrow now

Well i will b pissed off if theres not another back plate with the ace
To me it looked like u could unscrew the closed back plate and put on an open vented back plate

If this the case i will not be pre ordering anymore imr products

Its the principle of delivering what you promised to your customers tbh

Im sure someone could actually make the back plate for me but at over £300 its not a cheap iem

Theres plenty of iems that are amazing for a lot less 🤦🏻‍♂️

At least the drivers r what he said they r ( untill someone opens the ace)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back