• Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 28, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #7,966 of 18,531
A package arrived, too small for the Ace... it's the ETS! Thanks Bob :smiley:

20220728_130118.jpg

Jul 28, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #7,967 of 18,531
IMR ACE - First (super quick) Impressions - Out Of The Box - 4.4mm Balanced (more power to the planar)
>Apologies to those who are still waiting to receive theirs but I think we all want to know what is coming!<

Had a quick check with Black/Black - to see what the bass level was. Conclusion - Perfect - great transients when called for - thick - juicy - Never TOO much but never wanting or needing more. VERY good job on the tuning of the bass!!

Moved on to Grey/Bue to see how much decreases and to open the highs up
My God though the bass - Jimi Hendrix Band of Gypsies - Machine Gun - drum hits are organic, punchy, weighty
Low end is SUPERB
Jimi's vocals are perfectly clear within the mix - another tick
Joe Cocker - Stingray - mid bass - The Bass guitar is so delicious and juicy - clear and legible in the mix
Mids (vocals) are natural and VERY well balanced in with the mix as a whole
Highs are very accurate (cymbals for example) - Again VERY well tuned - They stop before ever becoming an issue but are tuned to work as a whole - mature tuning - nothing splashy or trying to show off

Anyway - I should be working so....

OOTB is always a bit tricky as you get an exaggerated version of the end result and it takes a lot of burn in with IMR for ALL the drivers to come into their maturity to work together as intended / tuned But...
Impressions are thus

1. A wonderfully mature sound - Nothing weird or new tuning to try something - just a really well tuned musical & balanced IEM
A very well done mature tuned IEM - No showing off at all - just tuned to deliver music
Sounds like a culmination of a lot of experience with the CNT/ADLC / Planar and BC motor have borne great fruit

2. Lows/Mids/Highs are tuned very very well - Impressive individually but also how well everything gels together

3. The shells are much bigger in real life. Elegant. Just realised, I have no 'need' to make them open back as yet so that is a testament to them and something I look forward to later

4. The ACE have the thick weight and body that I LOVE with IMR - I was worried as I didnt like the previous 2 EDP's that much. This is a classic IMR

5. The Bone conduction is done very skillfully - its there but not enough to add anything unnaturally exaggerated. Again Very well tuned / implemented

Nothing to worry about here at all. Bob has knocked it out of the park with the ACE
Back to work. Gonna burn these a good 300 hours to begin.
From what Ive listened to thus far 10/10 - ZERO complaints or concerns about anything at all with the IEM or its tuning

Again, sorry to post this to those who are still waiting but at least I can 110% say the ACE is a looking to be very special IMR indeed
IMG_0626.JPG
IMG_0626.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #7,968 of 18,531
I received the ETS too this morning.

As there's no indication to the sonic characteristics of them, I've decided (without trying them yet):

• Green will sound like the grass
  • Blue will sound like the uk on a sunny day with clear blue skies
  • The grey/silver will sound like the uk on a rainy/cloudy day
I'm probably wrong, but will try and post some initial thoughts later.

Jul 28, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #7,970 of 18,531
Will also share feedback on ETS
years ago Bob sent me an orange filter that magically solved all the problems i was having at that time
trying to find the 'right' sound on . . . I think the EDP ?
Really looking forward to trying 3 more of the 'magic filters' :)

Jul 28, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #7,971 of 18,531
IMR ACE - First (super quick) Impressions - Out Of The Box - 4.4mm Balanced (more power to the planar)
>Apologies to those who are still waiting to receive theirs but I think we all want to know what is coming!<

Had a quick check with Black/Black - to see what the bass level was. Conclusion - Perfect - great transients when called for - thick - juicy - Never TOO much but never wanting or needing more. VERY good job on the tuning of the bass!!

Moved on to Grey/Bue to see how much decreases and to open the highs up
My God though the bass - Jimi Hendrix Band of Gypsies - Machine Gun - drum hits are organic, punchy, weighty
Low end is SUPERB
Jimi's vocals are perfectly clear within the mix - another tick
Joe Cocker - Stingray - mid bass - The Bass guitar is so delicious and juicy - clear and legible in the mix
Mids (vocals) are natural and VERY well balanced in with the mix as a whole
Highs are very accurate (cymbals for example) - Again VERY well tuned - They stop before ever becoming an issue but are tuned to work as a whole - mature tuning - nothing splashy or trying to show off

Anyway - I should be working so....

OOTB is always a bit tricky as you get an exaggerated version of the end result and it takes a lot of burn in with IMR for ALL the drivers to come into their maturity to work together as intended / tuned But...
Impressions are thus

1. A wonderfully mature sound - Nothing weird or new tuning to try something - just a really well tuned musical & balanced IEM
A very well done mature tuned IEM - No showing off at all - just tuned to deliver music
Sounds like a culmination of a lot of experience with the CNT/ADLC / Planar and BC motor have borne great fruit

2. Lows/Mids/Highs are tuned very very well - Impressive individually but also how well everything gels together

3. The shells are much bigger in real life. Elegant. Just realised, I have no 'need' to make them open back as yet so that is a testament to them and something I look forward to later

4. The ACE have the thick weight and body that I LOVE with IMR - I was worried as I didnt like the previous 2 EDP's that much. This is a classic IMR

5. The Bone conduction is done very skillfully - its there but not enough to add anything unnaturally exaggerated. Again Very well tuned / implemented

Nothing to worry about here at all. Bob has knocked it out of the park with the ACE
Back to work. Gonna burn these a good 300 hours to begin.
From what Ive listened to thus far 10/10 - ZERO complaints or concerns about anything at all with the IEM or its tuning

Again, sorry to post this to those who are still waiting but at least I can 110% say the ACE is a looking to be very special IMR indeed
IMG_0626.JPGIMG_0626.JPG
As @OceanPoet said, no need to apologise. I will likely receive mine in three weeks so keep those impressions coming!!!

Jul 28, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #7,973 of 18,531
I ordered the Ace in January and it's now virtually August. That is simply too long and all the goodwill in the world, all the forgiveness in the world.....does not ameliorate or erase all the untruths told to us. If we were told "I'm having this problem, that problem", there would be no problem for me. But to be told for the umpteenth time they are coming and then nothing...zilch. It's just plain and simple....wrong. It is ethically the wrong way to do business.
A bit more patience, you have been patient for so long, just a few more days to go, your set of EDP Ace should be with you soon.

Jul 28, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #7,974 of 18,531
As @OceanPoet said, no need to apologise. I will likely receive mine in three weeks so keep those impressions coming!!!
Just listening now to Leonard Cohen - Thanks For The Dance
and as weird as it is to say - the sound is simply perfect, clarity, weight, imaging [insert all the words here] EVERYTHING is as perfect as I could ever wish but also you can go to anything - vocals, bass guitar, guitar and the purity, resolution is incredibly natural and has that level of quality that you just want to bite into
Goosebump inducing stuff o_0
Also Lorde - Royals - the quality of the low end is extraordinary.
Sounding this natural and also be extra revealing of hidden details is another quality Im hearing now

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #7,975 of 18,531
Just listening now to Leonard Cohen - Thanks For The Dance
and as weird as it is to say - the sound is simply perfect, clarity, weight, imaging [insert all the words here] EVERYTHING is as perfect as I could ever wish but also you can go to anything - vocals, bass guitar, guitar and the purity, resolution is incredibly natural and has that level of quality that you just want to bite into
Goosebump inducing stuff o_0
Also Lorde - Royals - the quality of the low end is extraordinary.
Sounding this natural and also be extra revealing of hidden details is another quality Im hearing now

I'll have to vicariously enjoy them through you, Jon. Sounds like another winner from Bob.

And despite what the Royal Mail says, I'm going to "try again" today ... probably several times.

1659014852300.png

Jul 28, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #7,976 of 18,531
Guess who is listening to DM with 2021 cable?))
Do you hear deference with pro cable or it's just because of fit. Try to listen to burnt ace with pro cable.
Really glad you get them and happy that you enjoyed right out of the box

And despite what the Royal Mail says, I'm going to "try again" today ... probably several times.
Don't worry, same story here

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #7,977 of 18,531
I'll have to vicariously enjoy them through you, Jon. Sounds like another winner from Bob.

For what its worth ya'll have my prayers for an expedient arrival

Jul 28, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #7,979 of 18,531

Users who are viewing this thread

Back