Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 28, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #7,246 of 18,496
BTW, if somebody is interested in a new Zeniths, with the discount code recieved in May you can grab them for the price even lower than pre ordered EDP ACE.

1656423573509.png
This is the reason why I never buy anything in the first run...except from Splash Of Red. This way, I have managed to secure the Elan and Dark Matter at less than half of their respective prices...well, may be having a bunch of other iems to listen to help in this case - I do not become anxious to buy at the very first opportunity, rather wait for the opportunity when the price comes crashing down.

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #7,247 of 18,496
This is the reason why I never buy anything in the first run...except from Splash Of Red. This way, I have managed to secure the Elan and Dark Matter at less than half of their respective prices...well, may be having a bunch of other iems to listen to help in this case - I do not become anxious to buy at the very first opportunity, rather wait for the opportunity when the price comes crashing down.
Now the lesson is learnt

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #7,248 of 18,496
Although in this case, EDP Ace is sold out (and/or out of stock, as website shows both). If truly out of stock, I guess more could become available.

Jun 28, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #7,249 of 18,496
So, I preordered this ones in the very first stage of ordering and paid 206 quid for em (no taxes since they are being shipped to Mexico). now I come and see that if I waited to the very last minute I could have saved 50 quids? That’s… a bit… rude…
I totally agree with you. This is bad business strategy. However, I believe there is a system glitch in this case. Bob should send a clarification to all of his customers.

I have couple of suggestions for Bob. He should not be sharing/using any discount code going forward. It should be based on either you are returing IMR customer or new customer. we already have our membership number. If a member want to purchase anything the applicable discount should be automatically applied without using any code. In this way, IMR does not have to keep track of discount coupon code and can avoid these glitches which we have seen in the past too.

Bob should not slash the price further than its inital offering just after the release of the new product or in some case when even the product is not released. In this way those who pledged to buy the product when it is announced will not feel cheated or disappointed.

Lastly, he should not announce any new product before delivering the previously announced item.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #7,250 of 18,496
I totally agree with you. This is bad business strategy. However, I believe there is a system glitch in this case. Bob should send a clarification to all of his customers.

I have couple of suggestions for Bob. He should not be sharing/using any discount code going forward. It should be based on either you are returing IMR customer or new customer. we already have our membership number. If a member want to purchase anything the applicable discount should be automatically applied without using any code. In this way, IMR does not have to keep track of discount coupon code and can avoid these glitches which we have seen in the past too.

Bob should not slash the price further than its inital offering just after the release of the new product or in some case when even the product is not released. In this way those who pledged to buy the product when it is announced will not feel cheated or disappointed.

Lastly, he should not announce any new product before delivering the previously announced item.item.
+1000 The idea of attaching discount to returning customer is a great idea Bob should for sure impliment this it would stop all the issues like the one being discused here and would be so much easier for IMR to manage.
Great idea👍

Jun 28, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #7,251 of 18,496
I have a place in the new BC compilation, it's a really good price, 2DD + piezo seems like a great combination, I already saw that the Aten driver is something special.

However at the last moment I changed my decision to Zenith II, it is possible that I lose some detail and scene, but being able to switch between open/close so easily and trying the new ADLC controller with a faster and more precise sound on the low end, it made me change my mind.

What do you think is the best option?

Jun 28, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #7,252 of 18,496
I have a place in the new BC compilation, it's a really good price, 2DD + piezo seems like a great combination, I already saw that the Aten driver is something special.

However at the last moment I changed my decision to Zenith II, it is possible that I lose some detail and scene, but being able to switch between open/close so easily and trying the new ADLC controller with a faster and more precise sound on the low end, it made me change my mind.

I made the same decision so I'm hoping so...

Jun 28, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #7,253 of 18,496

I had the first version of Zenith. And I couldn't notice any difference using open or close port. It sounded same to me. The major issue I had with Zenith's treble which run a bit hot for me. It might be due to piezo driver. It had less bass than the first IMR R1, but enough for me using Black nozzle.

Though I haven't purchased Zenith-II, but hopeful that it will be an improved version than the first one. Looking forward for fellow members impressions here.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #7,255 of 18,496
I had the first version of Zenith. And I couldn't notice any difference using open or close port. It sounded same to me. The major issue I had with Zenith's treble which run a bit hot for me. It might be due to piezo driver. It had less bass than the first IMR R1, but enough for me using Black nozzle.

Though I haven't purchased Zenith-II, but hopeful that it will be an improved version than the first one. Looking forward for fellow members impressions here.

It is true that the ventilation port does not make a big difference, on the piezo driver, from the R2 Aten the treble is soft and without discomfort, from that model that aspect was left behind.

Now I have just discovered that in the product description the reference to the CNT ADLC driver that was present at the beginning has been eliminated, to leave only Ultra wide band driver as a description, it seems a bit strange to me but I understand that it will be the same technology.

Jun 28, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #7,256 of 18,496
I really hope the EDP Ace ships soon. It puts me in a difficult position because I would have bought the 7Hz Salnotes Dioko. Even with the two weeks it would take for delivery it would have come before the Ace. Strangling me somewhat. C'mon IMR get these EDP Aces out....my Bones need Conducting. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rolling_eyes::astonished::dizzy_face::fearful::grimacing::nerd::L3000:

Jun 28, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #7,257 of 18,496
Now I have just discovered that in the product description the reference to the CNT ADLC driver that was present at the beginning has been eliminated, to leave only Ultra wide band driver as a description, it seems a bit strange to me but I understand that it will be the same technology.
Mmmm… wondering If it will be CNT or other material …

Jun 28, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #7,258 of 18,496
Mmmm… wondering If it will be CNT or other material …
I'm kinda more excited for the the Zenith 11 as I have no idea what it will sound like I have a good idea what the Ace will be...

Jun 29, 2022 at 6:22 AM Post #7,259 of 18,496
hmm... it reminds me of similar case with Dark matter, where at first it was declared that it will be 11mm adlc, 6mm adlc and bone conduction driver, and in final version only adlc drivers were present. Bob answered that bone conduction driver was in prototypes but not in final version.
So it can be that for Zenith II 14.2mm adlc driver was in plans, but was changed to some other driver.

Jun 29, 2022 at 6:28 AM Post #7,260 of 18,496
hmm... it reminds me of similar case with Dark matter, where at first it was declared that it will be 11mm adlc, 6mm adlc and bone conduction driver, and in final version only adlc drivers were present. Bob answered that bone conduction driver was in prototypes but not in final version.
So it can be that for Zenith II 14.2mm adlc driver was in plans, but was changed to some other driver.
Are those changes done on the quiet or have buyers been explicitly advised about the changes in specification? Because I find it to be a pretty important thing. If I pay for a planar half a year in advance, I expect to get a planar, not a bunch of balanced armatures, and I really don't want to check the product page every day to see if IMR decided to change something without advising me about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back