Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 3, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #6,798 of 18,128
Avalon.
There's no new unites to purchase.
So from the beginning it's kind an odd question to make: Avalon or DM. Here we haven't seen a lot feedbacks regarding Avalon, even if there were sold around 50 units or more. I can't say how many were made in total, maybe 60-70 or something like that.
You can find out a lot of good feedbacks regarding DM in this thread as well as good opinions across other IMR communities into telegram.
However...
Avalon for me are good kind of iem. Personally I would make an upgrade of the cable to have a better result. Because with the stock cable out of the box they make a wow effect, but after burn in period (500 hrs) personally I felt mids strongly underrated. Sub-bass had no punching. But treble were always wonderful (EST counts...)
If you like good quality and quantity treble this is your cup of tea. I didn't like Elysium because of missing treble for example.
Changing the cable (imr 2021) or other good quality OCC copper one you will find out deeper sub-bass and more even and transparent mids as well as better (more coherent) space/scene reproduction. Soon I will share an experience with effect audio Grandioso cable.
If you're not totally details addicted I would recommend to look at Elan+ because of their outstanding musical philosophy instead of more scene and detail oriented Avalon.
I completely agree and after about 400 hours of use and a graphene cable I consider the Avalon my best way to listen jazz together with the DX300Max ......

Jun 3, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #6,799 of 18,128
My only issues it seems to have been sold out everywhere :frowning2: and idk if ifi blue would be better or qudelix. I dont have much exp with eq. Wondering if they will restock
Qudelix is the Swiss-army-knife of audiodacs.
Before I would consider a go blue I would think about questyle m12, xduuo Link2 bal or the ifi go bar. I tried, but never found good use for BT-Dongles as the cable is still there and always got in my way, also needs the source to be very close to get good bitrates. As iPhone-user you are stuck with aac and with that you will never need more than the IMR splash of series.

Jun 3, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #6,801 of 18,128
Still no (and I'm UK based). I'm half expecting a free set of Elan's to turn up as an apology for the lack of correspondence and unanswered email!
On Sunday it will have been one month since they were allegedly mailed.
I consider the Avalon my best way to listen jazz
What's your nozzle/filter configuration?

Jun 3, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #6,802 of 18,128
I can't recommend enough Cayin RU6 dongle with IMR IEMs

Jun 3, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #6,803 of 18,128
Still no (and I'm UK based). I'm half expecting a free set of Elan's to turn up as an apology for the lack of correspondence and unanswered email!
1654287468432.png

... Little dreamer

I'd love another Elan pair. They still be my love even more than Campfire Andromeda S.

This ETS situation is not funny at all. I know it's kind of a present, but so many words were spoken after pro series was introduced and tuning system was promised.

I can't recommend enough Cayin RU6 dongle with IMR IEMs
One month ago I was thinking about this dongle, but in the end I've taken Paw S1 (costed 100€ less) and it's really tasty, don't regret any cent spent on it.

I completely agree and after about 400 hours of use and a graphene cable I consider the Avalon my best way to listen jazz together with the DX300Max ......
What's you opinion on amp12 with Avalon?

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #6,804 of 18,128
1654287468432.png
... Little dreamer

I'd love another Elan pair. They still be my love even more than Campfire Andromeda S.

This ETS situation is not funny at all. I know it's kind of a present, but so many words were spoken after pro series was introduced and tuning system was promised.

One month ago I was thinking about this dongle, but in the end I've taken Paw S1 (costed 100€ less) and it's really tasty, don't regret any cent spent on it.

What's you opinion on amp12 with Avalon?
RU6 is the only R2R dongle in the market. Its sound characteristic is very different from other dongles. It is warm and organic with a punchy bass. You should have given it a try. I had an A&K SP1000M in the past, but when I listened to RU6, I sold it and kept RU6. I really like the sound a lot

Jun 3, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #6,805 of 18,128
RU6 is the only R2R dongle in the market. Its sound characteristic is very different from other dongles. It is warm and organic with a punchy bass. You should have given it a try. I had an A&K SP1000M in the past, but when I listened to RU6, I sold it and kept RU6. I really like the sound a lot
Thanks, gonna try it before Christmas

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #6,806 of 18,128
There is used one from GB on head-fi for 75£ or if you are confident with ebay-kleinanzeigen.de there is also one used but a bit more expensive

BTW folks,
Has anybody recieved ETS?
Have you got the link to it? I could not find the thread lol
I don't know about the Qudelix but I have the Radsone ES100 and the FiiO BTR3 and the iFi go blue is way better in sound quality. It only has the iFi bass boost, and a spacial setting. Sound quality is excellent. On my Sony Xperia 5ii it defaults to APTX which is a nuisance so I have to go into developer options to change it to LDAC. It is a beautifully made bit of kit and I use it more often than my DAPs. I use it 4.4mm balanced. Soundwise it is excellent but no parametric equaliser.
Hmm, this kinda intrigue me, how do you feel about the bluetooth connection with ifi go blue? also luckily one of my local shop has ifi go blue on demo i might just come by and have a try.
The iFi Go Blu sounds a bit better than the qudelix without its EQ. But using the EQ the qudelix can make better any headphone.
Have you used both with dark matter, which would you recommend? personally I never use eq so kinda leaning towards ifi go blue but cost per perfomance goes to qudelix.
Might be something worth to take a look, instead of bluetooth dac maybe a usb dac will suffice.

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:26 PM Post #6,808 of 18,128

Hmm, this kinda intrigue me, how do you feel about the bluetooth connection with ifi go blue? also luckily one of my local shop has ifi go blue on demo i might just come by and have a try.

Have you used both with dark matter, which would you recommend? personally I never use eq so kinda leaning towards ifi go blue but cost per perfomance goes to qudelix.

Might be something worth to take a look, instead of bluetooth dac maybe a usb dac will suffice.
I use the iFi Go Blu with the IMR SOG and the Ozar (also the Dark Matter which is not quite right and due to be exchanged). I use the medium LDAC (660kbps) and in honesty I cannot tell the difference compared to uncompressed, wired through my DAP (although I can usually with APTX). It's worth listening to a demo. Sometimes Ebay offer a discount on the Go Blu.

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #6,809 of 18,128

This is the link to the 5K Classified listing.
I personally like the Qudelix better than the GO Blu, I find it cleaner and more controlled, the iFi sounds fine but swings a bit too freely, I find it less refined. The GO Blu is a nicer object to look at and hold though.

I often plug my DM into the Qudelix and it’s a balanced kind of playback, letting the DM shine. The power reserve is ridiculous, and the same goes for the GO Blu.

If the UTWS3 with a 0.78 adapter gave you a bad fit, I’m not sure the UTWS5 will do better, but maybe you could look into BT cables instead of true wireless DAC/amps. Null-Audio’s Nyx is good although not flexible enough. Have you looked into Plussound?

Jun 4, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #6,810 of 18,128
Head-fi

RU6 is kind of engineering miracle so I think it worth at least to listen to it ones.
Hmm, I would love to sadly the seller is in another city and my local shop does not have it in stock. If anyone in Melbourne know any seller please let me know.
I use the iFi Go Blu with the IMR SOG and the Ozar (also the Dark Matter which is not quite right and due to be exchanged). I use the medium LDAC (660kbps) and in honesty I cannot tell the difference compared to uncompressed, wired through my DAP (although I can usually with APTX). It's worth listening to a demo. Sometimes Ebay offer a discount on the Go Blu.
Great to hear the feedback ifi blue definitely on my list of consideration, at first I thought of buying fiio m11 ess but after some thought the use case is too limited as I mostly use PC and Play it on my phone so usb dac/amp or bluetooth dongle makes more sense. May I know which part of dark matter does not sound quite right on your model? So is this after you have done 300 hours of burn in?
This is the link to the 5K Classified listing.
I personally like the Qudelix better than the GO Blu, I find it cleaner and more controlled, the iFi sounds fine but swings a bit too freely, I find it less refined. The GO Blu is a nicer object to look at and hold though.

I often plug my DM into the Qudelix and it’s a balanced kind of playback, letting the DM shine. The power reserve is ridiculous, and the same goes for the GO Blu.

If the UTWS3 with a 0.78 adapter gave you a bad fit, I’m not sure the UTWS5 will do better, but maybe you could look into BT cables instead of true wireless DAC/amps. Null-Audio’s Nyx is good although not flexible enough. Have you looked into Plussound?
I just checked and UTWS5 is available near my local shop so I will put it on my list would be nice to convert it into TWS instead of wired bluetooth( if the fits right, my ears is a bit small so not having high hopes here) I just did when you mention it, what would be the plussound config you recommend for pluss sound? So many options there but and being unable to compare it makes me second think to purchase the bluetooth wired.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back