Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 23, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #5,986 of 18,128
I'd echo that - Halcyon and Avalon are very different from a baseline tuning perspective, and also from a technical performance perspective. Avalon with the BC and tighter dynamic driver presentation takes things a stage further in terms of overall clarity and resolution than the Halcyon did, to my ears. Caveat - with black bottom and blue filters I'm not finding them sharp or hot, so I might be less sensitive to Bob's high mid / treble peak than some.
BTW on Elan it's easier to recognize BC driver's influence on the sound, while on Avalon it's hard because of really rich and tight musical "canvas".

Apr 23, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #5,987 of 18,128
I couldn't pick between the 3
Those two and the one with planar

Went with the avalon
But from what i have read ( i have tried to read most of the pages in this post 🤣)
They are two completely different sound signature's

I could be wrong as i tried to find the comments last night again but no luck lol
I found the post by @rodel808 from early March where he shortly compared Avalon and DM.

Apr 23, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #5,988 of 18,128
Waiting with eager anticipation for the ace I have the PB1 and the Timeless having just got the Raptgo Hook x the game just changed for me not heard anything like em just superb

Apr 23, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #5,989 of 18,128
I have the Seraph+ on order which as has been noted by others on here, takes IMR into the Kilobuck region. I've been so happy with Bob's products for the last couple of years that I haven't listened to anything to get a comparison. The leap into new territory has prompted me to do a comparison at that level, so have bought a pair of Thieaudio Monarch MKIIs. Crinacle rates these right at the top. We all know how Crinacle feels about IMR, so I thought that would be a good comparison 😀.

Only just got them, but initial impressions are that I won't be keeping them. While the fit with my regular Tennmak foam ear tips is extremely good, the sound signature hasn't impressed me. Soundstage is narrow and congested. Bass is solid, up there with my Elysiums but seems more muddy and less sharp, good thump but less well defined impacts. Real shortfall for me is in the treble. I have very old ears, so I know that my high frequency hearing isn't good, but it is what I have, and for me the Monarchs have a lack of lustre in the top end which takes the liveliness out of the music. SOGs while less impactful in the bass, have that liveliness.

Simple result was that I wasn't tempted to sit and listen to them for hours as I usually am when I get a new IEM from Bob, but just put them on to burn in. I'll give them a hundred hours and re-evaluate. Only Bob asks for the 300 hour burn in so 100 should be fair on the Monarchs.

Apr 23, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #5,992 of 18,128
Could you please share what do you like about Raptgo compared to the other two?
The bass is delicious the mids and treble crystal clear with just the right amount of attack. the real magic is how it all blends together to give soundstage and space between instruments while tying everything together. It's the honeymoon period but I think I'm in for the longterm!! Using SpinFit CP100 tips everything else stock

Apr 24, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #5,993 of 18,128
Just a short hint.
I‘m going to sell my R2 Red via eBay. Just wanted to tell as they are rare and maybe some is in need.

Edit: added to classified.
I hope the pricing is good, if not, feel free to give me a hint. 😉

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #5,994 of 18,128
Just a short hint.
I‘m going to sell my R2 Red via eBay. Just wanted to tell as they are rare and maybe some is in need.
Really outstanding Single DD set. I still love that geration of ATEN driver. Stick it in the classifieds on HF too. GLWS

Apr 24, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #5,995 of 18,128
R2 Red:

• 13.5 mm Aten driver with Neodymium motors and beryllium composite diaphragm; high resolution piezo ceramic driver

Apr 24, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #5,998 of 18,128
Totally agree with you. These Spiral dots are perfect for Dark Matter. Very comfortable with good fitting as well. Has been listening to instrumental, new wave/age music including acoustics, DM is phenomenon. Timbre is crazy good and so musical. Chris Spheeris especially Mystic Travellers album so ethereal.

On blue nozzle these days instead of Pink or Silver with more than 200hrs of burnt in.
FEF1B76C-3886-467F-A240-F3DD57FC6C15.jpeg
Try ordering 64 Audio black silicone tips for 6$. I have Spiral Dots, Dots ++, Azla and another 15-20 tips in my collection and nothing beats the bass definition of 64 Audio's with IMR IEMs. Dots are OK with my Ozar, however the bass is more boomy like cheaper sub vs super punchy and defined like you get with better sub. They also bring mids more forward and tame highs a little bit which I really like.
Love Ozar so much, bought SOG for my souse to upgrade her Ikko OH10 - she's blown away, and couldn't resist pulling the trigger on DM yesterday.. There are not much impressions on DM, hope they are going to be upgrade to Ozar.

Apr 24, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #5,999 of 18,128
Wanted to TWS my Ozars for on the go, bought Fiio UTWS 3 and Fiio's 2Pin connector didn't fit IMR recessed sockets, it also wasn't comfortable with my other IEMs, the short hook was rubbing my ear. Got MMCX version and OEAudio MMCX to 2Pin recessed adapter - worked awesome, it extended the hook a bit and they are very comfortable now. Gave it a night to burn in and love the combo - great bass, warmish mids and surprisingly good air.

Attachments

• IMG20220424131417.jpg
    IMG20220424131417.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Apr 25, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #6,000 of 18,128
From Bob: "Mems needs an amplifier but we are working on a possible non powered way of doing it now so we may not need it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back