Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 12, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #5,821 of 18,046
Are the Ozars are huge improvement over the entry level single DD sets? My SOG has a good soundstage.

I haven't used Splash/Gold for weeks, it sounds very good considering it's an entry level iem and is the reason I bought the DM's. I'm just rotating mostly between Ozar's and DM and occasionally Mest II. Was going to sell the Golds but the filters and cable are useful with the bare bones Ozars. I find Ozar's smoother than the Golds (I presume they're Ozar's).

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #5,822 of 18,046
I'm enjoying my Ozars as much as Mest MKII, the tuning is very similar imo.
High praise indeed! I love my Ozars. I am at a stage in my audiophile career where I am unable to describe in any useful way why it is I like the Ozars so much. There is some secret sauce in there. Only word that comes to mind is "damn"!

so ETG is foaming at the mouth about the SOG again, must be a day ending in 'y'

seriously though you're making me want one while I'm also thinking 'screw it, Opus Mia time'
+1, except I am thinking Elan+ time! Sigh ... the IMR rabbit hole seems endless!

Apr 13, 2022 at 12:18 AM Post #5,823 of 18,046
High praise indeed! I love my Ozars. I am at a stage in my audiophile career where I am unable to describe in any useful way why it is I like the Ozars so much. There is some secret sauce in there. Only word that comes to mind is "damn"!

+1, except I am thinking Elan+ time! Sigh ... the IMR rabbit hole seems endless!
Same here 😭. I'm glad I started my new job but still! God, the temptation to snag the Elan+ is so high rn

Apr 13, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #5,824 of 18,046
Blasting the Dark Matters rn (using black lowerstage, blue upperstage filters). Highly urge everyone to listen to the Ibibio Sound Machine's brilliant live album. Afrofunk at its peak 💖. The cavernous bass response doesn't hurt either!

20220413_234234.jpg

Apr 13, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #5,829 of 18,046
Oh boy.... More goodies... Annoying thing with Bob is he always tweaks my interest with every new build he brings out...

Has he released a pic of the power supply for the Seraph anywhere? I will sometimes attach IEMs to a USB dac dongle that attaches to phone. An added power supply would make quite a daisy chain!

Seraph is the most interesting for me, but will need to give some thought about use case. 🤔

Apr 13, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #5,830 of 18,046
Thinking about selling my Monarch MKII and get the Seraph+

Apr 13, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #5,833 of 18,046
So the Mems driver only works with the inline amplifier. No pictures yet, maybe next week.

Apr 13, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #5,834 of 18,046
Oh boy.... More goodies... Annoying thing with Bob is he always tweaks my interest with every new build he brings out...

Has he released a pic of the power supply for the Seraph anywhere? I will sometimes attach IEMs to a USB dac dongle that attaches to phone. An added power supply would make quite a daisy chain!

Seraph is the most interesting for me, but will need to give some thought about use case. 🤔
Same here on all accounts :sweat_smile:

Seraph is where my interest is drawn.

The Elan+ seems like a beast but I am happy with the Ozar and Dark Matter which belong to the same family.

I am not keen on IMR’s use of electrostats. There’s always something off. The Halcyon were too dark. The Semper retained that, there was so much tech and other drivers that it still prevailed but it was my niggle with it. And last case in point, people here are happy with their Avalon but the Dark Matter empirically seem a little better received (they’re also less expensive which helps with perception). I went for the DM specifically because I wanted the new drivers and bone conduction goodness without risking the e-stat’s hypothetical wonkiness.
Disclaimer: I am talking from a place of ignorance on what these drivers are intimately. I was recently called a « technical illiterate » by an uncouth user on another thread, and while I disagree with his attitude I concur with the diagnosis :grimacing: So the qualities I ascribe to the e-stat models may be a coincidence and derive from other tuning choices.
Whereas the planar units, well, they’re always amazing. And that’s from someone who thinks Audeze bass is nothing special.

So yeah, that sci-fi tech from Seraph+, without the e-stats >> Seraph. But the price is a ouch.

Apr 13, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #5,835 of 18,046
Interested by Seraph too but price is a bit too high for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back