Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 12, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #5,806 of 18,048
The used IMR sets have really insane value now. They outclass Chi-fi products in their price range.
The majority of Chi-fi products doesn't keep value over time, but we've got some labels like Unique Melody, QDC, Orlius and other few that keeps their price pretty high. Corny try to found out MEST MK II and look on the price dynamic. Never seen them lower than 70%-75% of the original price.

Apr 12, 2022 at 7:23 AM Post #5,809 of 18,048
On a positive note, ill be reviewing the Meze Advars shortly! Awaiting its arrival as we speak 😌
Oooo! That would be interesting to read!

Apr 12, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #5,810 of 18,048
DD will be tuned considering the new old shell and the presence of BA.
Original Elan's DD sounds amazing across all the frequences, so more details on vocals are welcome for my opinion
Also looking at the majority of Hybrid Flagships, what we see: DD for low BA for mids and EST for treble in 7 models out of 10. It's not a case that Bob after listened to BA also wanted put them into his precious product line))
Of course dd let it go full range
I was talking about the ba
I would prefer maybe 1 mid and 1 high ( i think it comes with two? )
In theory we dont really know how the chifi iems are actually tuned as u cant really believe what that say lol

Apr 12, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #5,811 of 18,048
I just picked up a 2nd set of Splash of gold for £112 off ebay such a bargain. I love em as an everyday set. I'D LOVE some of the newly announced Elan+ but they're out of my budget and I think Bob's, quite rightly, realised he's producing iems above and beyond the budget/med level and setting his stall in the Elite £1k+ market. Once the Ace turns up I'll have 10 sets of IMR iems, a good place to stop and just enjoy what I have.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022 at 7:36 AM Post #5,812 of 18,048
J
I just picked up a 2nd set of Splash of gold for £112 off ebay such a bargain. I love em as an everyday set. I'D LOVE some of the newly announced Elan+ but they're out of my budget and I think Bob's, quite rightly, realised he's producing iems above and beyond the budget/med level and setting his stall in the Elite £1k+ market. Once the Ace turns up I'll have 10 sets of IMR iems l, a good place to stop and just enjoy what I have.
Jesus your iem list 🤯
I did c that gold but i avoided it as i already bought the R1 zenith and im waiting for the edp ace ( got a thing about planar 🤣🤣)

My t3 plus should b arriving soon
How u like it compared to what u got
Esp vs timeless ( i own the timeless ) ?

So a nice comparison would be
Timeless, edp ace and t3 plus ( for me all 3 plus p.d.1 )

Apr 12, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #5,813 of 18,048
J

Jesus your iem list 🤯
I did c that gold but i avoided it as i already bought the R1 zenith and im waiting for the edp ace ( got a thing about planar 🤣🤣)

My t3 plus should b arriving soon
How u like it compared to what u got
Esp vs timeless ( i own the timeless ) ?

So a nice comparison would be
Timeless, edp ace and t3 plus ( for me all 3 plus p.d.1 )
I like the T3 it's a solid performance it just lacks the Wow factor I get from the IMR iems the Timeless is a unicorn a unique signature I listen to it more than the T3 but it still pales compared to the Elan. I have the Raptgo Hook x on order.. Got high hopes for that

Apr 12, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #5,815 of 18,048
oh and did I mention the discounts stack on the trade-in value? play your cards right and you get ridiculous money off

I have a special bond with my Elan. Not sure I’d have the heart to trade them in. I’m a sentimental type…:relaxed:

Apr 12, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #5,816 of 18,048
I like the T3 it's a solid performance it just lacks the Wow factor I get from the IMR iems the Timeless is a unicorn a unique signature I listen to it more than the T3 but it still pales compared to the Elan. I have the Raptgo Hook x on order.. Got high hopes for that

I got the Elan three weeks before the Timeless … and i reach for the Elan 95% of the time. I almost have to force myself to use the Timeless, as good as they are.

Apr 12, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #5,817 of 18,048
I got the Elan three weeks before the Timeless … and i reach for the Elan 95% of the time. I almost have to force myself to use the Timeless, as good as they are.
I had the issue were i one stage i preferred my monarch mk1 over my timeless
I forced my self to use the monarch because i paid so much ( maybe i had to burn it in to get the best out of it?)
I dont believe in burn in

Then I noticed my listening library changed coz of the monarch

Same as when i got my p.d.1 lol

Apr 12, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #5,820 of 18,048
The Timeless would be perfect if it could compare to the instrument separation and soundstage the Splash of Gold delivers.

so ETG is foaming at the mouth about the SOG again, must be a day ending in 'y'

seriously though you're making me want one while I'm also thinking 'screw it, Opus Mia time'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back