Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 11, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #5,793 of 18,039
those prices are staggering so I will just say it pays to have bought from them before and leave it at that. also the trade-in program exists :)
Yeah, that's a valid point. Might trade my Elan in for it. Let'swait and see! But the prices are going up real fast.

Apr 11, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #5,794 of 18,039
Yeah, that's a valid point. Might trade my Elan in for it. Let'swait and see! But the prices are going up real fast.
oh and did I mention the discounts stack on the trade-in value? play your cards right and you get ridiculous money off

Apr 12, 2022 at 4:19 AM Post #5,796 of 18,039
Has anybody heard for Bob regarding ETS this week?
Is it ready? Is the hope alive?
So many questions so few answers...

i own both but will always turn for a DD before a BA, now, i know bob wont be satisfied with any BA, wonder if he’ll go for Knowles or Sonion.
Until there are DD inside I'm pretty sure that BA will play on mids or treble, so we shouldn't be worried about bass rumble.
Maybe 'cuz he's already been using Sonion BC he could have some better price with Sonion BA.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #5,798 of 18,039
My gut feeling is telling me that these will not be the final builds for the year. Since it's still relatively early into 2022, I suspect there will be cheaper iterations ala the splash of reds down the line.
Yeah, it's not the first time Bob's said that "this year will see fewer builds" only to reveal more models to come in the second half of the year.

Apr 12, 2022 at 4:38 AM Post #5,799 of 18,039
Yeah, it's not the first time Bob's said that "this year will see fewer builds" only to reveal more models to come in the second half of the year.
Yeah, these prices aren't exactly accessible for most people either. He really needs to spend more time on the midrange segment imho. The zenith 2 and EDP aces were in the right direction. Nevertheless, lettuce wait and seee

Apr 12, 2022 at 5:07 AM Post #5,800 of 18,039
Did the Andros, bass was quite… not my cup of tea, ier m9 is the only ba iem that passes as a true DD bass, just like shure 846, i own both but will always turn for a DD before a BA, now, i know bob wont be satisfied with any BA, wonder if he’ll go for Knowles or Sonion. Sony worked theirs bass BA on their own, and it is the only one with rumble and clarity… or at least the impression of rumble…
Elan+ Sound:
Usr - How is the sound?
Bob - Sound is the same as original Elan but I have vastly improved the midrange and vocal presentation.
The bc effect is increased due to greater contact patch of shell design.
Detail is increased along with staging and imaging.
Usr - In which frequencies will work BA drivers? Mids or treble?
Bob - They are full spectrum but are being used for mainly mids/vocals but they do improve the upper
registers also

Apr 12, 2022 at 5:27 AM Post #5,802 of 18,039
The used IMR sets have really insane value now. They outclass Chi-fi products in their price range.
depends what imr product u on about
I bough a used imr product and i can tell u now its bad value
but vocal is amazing
Everything else bad 🤣
But gaming amazing
Very very odd iem

There is some really good chifi stuff out there
7hz might have a bigger planar in the works and it might be open back 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #5,803 of 18,039
Elan+ Sound:
Usr - How is the sound?
Bob - Sound is the same as original Elan but I have vastly improved the midrange and vocal presentation.
The bc effect is increased due to greater contact patch of shell design.
Detail is increased along with staging and imaging.
Usr - In which frequencies will work BA drivers? Mids or treble?
Bob - They are full spectrum but are being used for mainly mids/vocals but they do improve the upper
registers also
Bit odd that
So is the dd or in this case cnt adlc does that go full spectrum?
Surely a cross over would had been a better option
I have loads of iems with BA’s and they r not amazing at bass
Well the fiio fa7 is a bass monster but thats it
Mids and highs sound crap
A ba cant do everything (but im going by what i hear and know also the fa7 is an old iem and maybe newer ba’s can produce a better balance)
Altho thinking about it now ( been a while since i used my fa7
The fa7 is a 3 way cross over
Oh i dont know anymore 😅

But im sure bob knows what he is doing

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #5,804 of 18,039
Bit odd that
So is the dd or in this case cnt adlc does that go full spectrum?
Surely a cross over would had been a better option
I have loads of iems with BA’s and they r not amazing at bass
Well the fiio fa7 is a bass monster but thats it
Mids and highs sound crap
A ba cant do everything (but im going by what i hear and know also the fa7 is an old iem and maybe newer ba’s can produce a better balance)
Altho thinking about it now ( been a while since i used my fa7
The fa7 is a 3 way cross over
Oh i dont know anymore 😅

But im sure bob knows what he is doing
DD will be tuned considering the new old shell and the presence of BA.
Original Elan's DD sounds amazing across all the frequences, so more details on vocals are welcome for my opinion
Also looking at the majority of Hybrid Flagships, what we see: DD for low BA for mids and EST for treble in 7 models out of 10. It's not by chance that Bob after listened to BA also wanted put them into his precious product line))

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022 at 6:27 AM Post #5,805 of 18,039
I think doubling down on the BC effect on the Elan is a brilliant move. There's something about the the Elan's midrange that's unparalleled imho. The inclusion of 2 BA's probably adds an additional layer of resolution, and speed.

Really really tempted rn but that price is not exactly welcoming. Might have to ban myself from IMR's site eventually 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back