• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 18, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #4,922 of 18,502
Feb 18, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #4,924 of 18,502
Recently got a Cayin RU6 R2R dongle DAC. The reviews I read suggested it had a wide soundstage, but that hasn’t been my experience. With the SOGs, it completely destroys their wonderful expansive soundstage. With OMs and Elysiums it narrows them down a bit. On the flip side it adds some warmth and low end depth to the SOGs which does improve them in that area for me. What makes it a must keep for me is the combination with the Elysiums for vocal tracks. The RU6 brings the singer to the front, adds emphasis to the vocal and just sounds terrific, such a rich and realistic reproduction. I’ve tried a variety of DACS in the past and have been hard pressed to hear any difference between them, but even for my old ears there is something special about the RU6 for the vocals I like. I wouldn’t recommend it for symphonic music because of the narrow soundstage and lack of precision in instrument placing, but for vocals and Jazz definitely. I have it connected with a USB C cable direct to my MacBook Pro running Roon which is such a simple unassuming setup taking up virtually no desktop space. I got the Cayin Lightning to USB C cable so I can use it with my iPhone as well but I miss having Roon on the iPhone.

Feb 18, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #4,925 of 18,502
I saw that hehe, gonna guess that was you?
Me, no no no 😊

Not looking for an 800€ IEM right now.
Sitting and waiting for the Ace. Or better not waiting, just sitting😎

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #4,926 of 18,502
Yes, same with me. A completely different tracking number to that provided by IMR, though.
Expected delivery on Tuesday.
Same for me!

Feb 18, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #4,927 of 18,502
Recently got a Cayin RU6 R2R dongle DAC. The reviews I read suggested it had a wide soundstage, but that hasn’t been my experience. With the SOGs, it completely destroys their wonderful expansive soundstage. With OMs and Elysiums it narrows them down a bit. On the flip side it adds some warmth and low end depth to the SOGs which does improve them in that area for me. What makes it a must keep for me is the combination with the Elysiums for vocal tracks. The RU6 brings the singer to the front, adds emphasis to the vocal and just sounds terrific, such a rich and realistic reproduction. I’ve tried a variety of DACS in the past and have been hard pressed to hear any difference between them, but even for my old ears there is something special about the RU6 for the vocals I like. I wouldn’t recommend it for symphonic music because of the narrow soundstage and lack of precision in instrument placing, but for vocals and Jazz definitely. I have it connected with a USB C cable direct to my MacBook Pro running Roon which is such a simple unassuming setup taking up virtually no desktop space. I got the Cayin Lightning to USB C cable so I can use it with my iPhone as well but I miss having Roon on the iPhone.
You should try Hiby RS6 which is also R2R. Similar quality vocals but the soundstage I think you would find much better. Although I haven't tried the RU6.

Feb 18, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #4,928 of 18,502
You should try Hiby RS6 which is also R2R. Similar quality vocals but the soundstage I think you would find much better. Although I haven't tried the RU6.
BUT!!!
Cayin RU6: 329€
Hiby RS6: 1399€ 🤔

Feb 18, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #4,929 of 18,502
Feb 18, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #4,934 of 18,502
You should try Creative sxfi dongle... i didn't believe it until i tried it....its amp is really good and its also cheap... got 2 for 40€ each on black Friday

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #4,935 of 18,502
If you have a chance, try Lotoo Paw S1, it has the same form factor, but different inside. Sounds really lovely with iem comparing to the standard laptop audio output

Users who are viewing this thread

Back