Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 17, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #4,892 of 18,496
Just ordered a IRM SOG. I'm curious how it is gonna sound. Finally a good open back IEM. That's what I was missing. The main attraction to me was indeed that this is an open back IEM.

As long as the quality isn't terrible for the price I'm gonna keep this baby.

First listening session is gonna be on my DAP and then it's time for 200 hour burn in. Another listening test before I move on to another hundred hour burn in using an old DAP.

Feb 17, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #4,893 of 18,496
Just ordered a IRM SOG. I'm curious how it is gonna sound. Finally a good open back IEM. That's what I was missing. The main attraction to me was indeed that this is an open back IEM.

First listening session is gonna be on my DAP and then it's time for 200 hour burn in. Another listening test before I move on to another hundred hour burn in using an old DAP.
Looking forward to it!

Feb 17, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #4,894 of 18,496

Welcome to the family! I suspect you'll be very happy but be prepared not just for the burnin but also a few hours of Filter and Nozzle swaps to get them dialled into your preference.

Feb 17, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #4,895 of 18,496

After just a few hours my SOG sound very impressive considering the price, and these are one of their cheaper earphones. Can't imagine that you'll be disappointed.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #4,896 of 18,496
Pay attention that it's not a common cable. As I know, polarities are inverted comparing to the typical cables. The front is - (negative), while normally it's positive.
Screenshot_20220217_123716_com.android.gallery3d.png
Which cable is that? Never knew IMR has SPC cable as well.

Feb 17, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #4,899 of 18,496
Previously I was using my 7hz Timeless. If it's as good as I expect, I can use my Timeless as second IEM.

Timeless is my second (IMR Elan 1st) ... but perhaps only until the EDP Ace. We shall see.

Feb 17, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #4,900 of 18,496
DHL still shows "Shipping information received" as it has since the 8th of February, despite being told on Tuesday that DHL would have them within 24/48 hours. I Facebook messaged IMR just now to ask what the problem was with the Avalon shipping and to get some definite answer on when they really would ship. I got this reply almost immediately.

"Hello David, our logistics supplier has indeed collected them. For express services we use a third party company. We have chased many parcels today and have been advised that they will all be handed over to dhl and start tracking and on there journey by tomorrow. I have been guaranteed that this is accurate."

No explanation for the multiple delays, but a guarantee that they will show up in DHL's tracking "by tomorrow". Hopefully this is good news for lots of forum members.

Feb 17, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #4,901 of 18,496
No explanation for the multiple delays, but a guarantee that they will show up in DHL's tracking "by tomorrow". Hopefully this is good news for lots of forum members.
Thanks, we'll see. If anybody gets their order moving in DHL, let us know in here.

Feb 17, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #4,902 of 18,496
DHL still shows "Shipping information received" as it has since the 8th of February, despite being told on Tuesday that DHL would have them within 24/48 hours. I Facebook messaged IMR just now to ask what the problem was with the Avalon shipping and to get some definite answer on when they really would ship. I got this reply almost immediately.

"Hello David, our logistics supplier has indeed collected them. For express services we use a third party company. We have chased many parcels today and have been advised that they will all be handed over to dhl and start tracking and on there journey by tomorrow. I have been guaranteed that this is accurate."

Thanks, we will see. Mine says fails to collect, and no further updates....and no answers to emails or Facebook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back