Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 16, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #4,876 of 18,501
It doesn't even say that in my tracking. It's been "Shipment information received" for a week now.
I asked for explanation yesterday, but predictably no response has been given.
I also e-mialed Bob but no response as of yet!

Feb 16, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #4,877 of 18,501
Was going to buy another set of Timeless but after reading 30 odd pages of this thread thought I'd try IMR. Was tempted to go for Dark Matter but went for a Splash of Gold to see what they're like. Have no idea what to expect.
This is exactly what happened to me.
I bet on EDP Ace, finger crossed.

Feb 16, 2022 at 9:26 AM Post #4,878 of 18,501
It's basically a permanent discount assigned to your account which applies to products that appear in the Members section of the shop.
It also gives access to member only products, like custom builds which are only available to existing customers - Stingray, a CIEM, where not only the shels, are custom but even the driver combos are customer selected would be an example. You can't buy a membership; membership is given to existing customers and we all had our fist purchase path to becoming a customer. Bob is very responsive to custom, er email inquiry. Write him and let him know you've made your purchase and that you'd like to be given a membership. Why it didn't happen automatically, I don't know.

Feb 16, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #4,879 of 18,501
Don't you think this cable was made for Elan specifically?

Presenting Elan paired with Nocturnal Audio Acrux, 24AWG 7N UP-OCC cryo-treated pure stranded silver wire (18 strands per conductor) cable, 4 shear, litz structure.

The sound is even more open now, and the bass very slightly restrained, very slightly.

20220216_142639.jpg

Looking good. Where can one get this cable?

Feb 16, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #4,880 of 18,501
Looking good. Where can one get this cable?
Singapore’s Treoo carries them all.
Otherwise this is the brand’s own website.
France-based Hifi-portable.com used to carry the cables but I don’t see them on their website, you may still inquire.
Also this is the dedicated thread on Head-fi, though it’s been veeeery quiet of late.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #4,881 of 18,501
Feb 16, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #4,882 of 18,501
It also gives access to member only products, like custom builds which are only available to existing customers - Stingray, a CIEM, where not only the shels, are custom but even the driver combos are customer selected would be an example. You can't buy a membership; membership is given to existing customers and we all had our fist purchase path to becoming a customer. Bob is very responsive to custom, er email inquiry. Write him and let him know you've made your purchase and that you'd like to be given a membership. Why it didn't happen automatically, I don't know.
I can confirm that I did write to Bob and he responded promptly with my membership code.

Feb 16, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #4,883 of 18,501
I took a fellow Forum member's advice and on Monday used Facebook to ask what was going on with my order. I did receive a reply the next morning around 11am UK time.

"Your parcel has not been collected and we are awaiting the courier to collect. It will start its tracking within the next 24/48hrs"

It's now two work days later and DHL tracking still says "Shipping information received". On the IMR site, my order now says "Fulfilled" so maybe that is progress. I have to say that I was more than a little disappointed in the response I got. No explanation for the delay, no apology of any sort, and no solid commitment as to what was going to happen. The lack of transparency continues.

Feb 16, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #4,886 of 18,501
Guys, to be honest, I don't believe the Avalons have even been built yet. Only Dark Matter buyers reported getting their orders, but not a single Avalon buyer, not even any of those who are not eligible for the experimental tuning system. The messages on Facebook, the creation of shipping labels with DHL - they're just stalling tactics. It's inconceivable that a ready order hasn't been shipped for a week. And Bob won't even give us a clear and exhaustive answer as to what is going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back