Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 10, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #4,801 of 18,500
What's the difference between SOR vs SOG?
Just the colour?
SOG has a Little bit more BASS and open stage. Where SOR is a little bit more subtle and technical.

Feb 10, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #4,802 of 18,500
Thats Royal Mail tracking, and knowing the throughput of the local post office that Bob uses, it may be a few days before the parcel even appears in the system.

That said, my Avalon goes by DHL and the parcel hasn't been handed over, yet. Maybe today, but last time I got an order shipped by DHL from IMR it was five days before it was handed over to a courier.
My Avalon coming DHL too. And, just like you DHL received shipping information on Tuesday but still haven‘t picked it up. Maybe today, but who knows. Trying not to be upset by continuing episodes of things not happening as Bob has said. “we will get all the balance of the orders booked on Monday”

Feb 10, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #4,803 of 18,500
Piling delays on top of too many delays already... I have cancelled my order for the EDP Ace and Zenith II as a result.

Feb 11, 2022 at 5:26 AM Post #4,804 of 18,500
Still no progress with my Avalon parcel. I start thinking that Bob is buying time until he receives the tuning system. He did not hand over the parcels to DHL. It is impossible that DHL express does not update the status after 3 days

Feb 11, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #4,806 of 18,500
Still no progress with my Avalon parcel. I start thinking that Bob is buying time until he receives the tuning system. He did not hand over the parcels to DHL. It is impossible that DHL express does not update the status after 3 days
Same here, but like I've been saying, it was exactly the same the last time I bought something shipped via DHL from IMR. There were 5 days (and a weekend) between the creation of the label and the parcel being handed over to a courier. I think he just created the labels this week and scheduled a pickup for Monday or something. Then again, I only use DHL so the parcel gets through customs in a day or two instead of three weeks. If not for the Brexit, I'd be picking the slower option anyway.

Feb 11, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #4,807 of 18,500
After Brexit for me every postal service for deliveries from UK to EU work like that: no tracking for few days, then parcel pop up somewhere in Belgium or Netherlands and after this just in 1-2 days to Budapest.

Feb 11, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #4,808 of 18,500
Meanwhile I received an email to rate my Avalon.... I still see that it's in the Midlands somewhere... About 10,000 km away from where I am. Will happily rate if I can just get hold of it 😂

Feb 11, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #4,809 of 18,500
If the shipping pattern for your parcels( DHL UK out) similar to mine, you will only find tracking info when you received a new tracking number from DHL with an ETA. Otherwise, totally radio silence for several days.

Bob maybe right after all when he shared those ETS went for a sunbath in Dubai before en route to UK.

Mine went for a Beerfest in Germany before coming down to SG…lol
845226A4-F15D-4880-BFE3-3710EC4E95F5.jpeg

Feb 12, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #4,810 of 18,500
So here we are, now it's Saturday and DHL still shows that it hasn't received my Avalons. Not a single word from Bob as to what is going on, no reply to my email from the 1st of the month asking what had happened to the promised shipping.
Creating a shipping label and then not shipping is worse than just doing nothing. If this is all about waiting for the ETS I personally would much rather have had the Avalons shipped two or three weeks ago on their own. It will take a good couple of weeks to burn them in, so I have absolutely no need for the ETS for quite a while. They would still come with the regular tuning, and even if they didn't I have plenty from my current IMRs to let me experiment.
Seriously considering doing the same as Poganin and cancelling my EDP Ace, Zenith II and Event Horizon.

Feb 12, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #4,812 of 18,500
I was seriously considering dropping £200 on a Splash of Gold set and I'm just gonna not do that. Big Trinity Audio energy.
Every one one of us who call ourselves customer has experienced the most stellar customer service this industry has to offer. Bob's a champion and his only shortcoming is communicating around delivery times OF BUILD TO ORDER UNITS. but there has never been a missed shipment. These threads are full of outstanding customer service stories. A couple of times a year, as new releases come out he's typically 4 weeks behind in meeting shipping expectations. SOG & SOR are both in stock and Ship same or next day. There's a reason we come to IMRs defense and it not because we're blind or naive fans, it's because he deserves the praise for the honour with with which he runs his business.

Feb 12, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #4,813 of 18,500
Every one one of us who call ourselves customer has experienced the most stellar customer service this industry has to offer. Bob's a champion and his only shortcoming is communicating around delivery times OF BUILD TO ORDER UNITS. but there has never been a missed shipment. These threads are full of outstanding customer service stories. A couple of times a year, as new releases come out he's typically 4 weeks behind in meeting shipping expectations. SOG & SOR are both in stock and Ship same or next day. There's a reason we come to IMRs defense and it not because we're blind or naive fans, it's because he deserves the praise for the honour with with which he runs his business.

that's fair - I was just dispirited by this cropping up around the very time I was considering getting something from him. I've been burned before. I'm gonna see what happens. I haven't been keeping up due to my experience with Trinity. fwiw the TA Phantoms were INCREDIBLE especially for what I paid for them so it doesn't sound like they've taken any hits in quality, I'd love to trust him again. I didn't have problems with him specifically at TA at the very least.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #4,814 of 18,500
I have also considered cancelling my order for the Ace…but I bet that communication would fall through and never get answered :smile::smile:

seriously tho…..

Feb 12, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #4,815 of 18,500
Seriously considering doing the same as Poganin and cancelling my EDP Ace, Zenith II and Event Horizon.
Vote with your wallet. If you're dissatisfied with a company's service, that's the way to do it.

I'm not going to write IMR off completely, because so far I've been happy with all of their products that I've purchased, even if in the case of the Elysium it has taken me the usual burn-in duration and more to start to appreciate it, and even though its sound signature is nowhere near my preferred one, it is currently my most listened to IEM for some reason I cannot explain. But I am not going to support this pre-order business model anymore. I may still buy IMR products, but if I do it's going to be B-stock or models made available during sales. I cannot abide paying for something up front months in advance and not being informed in a timely fashion about any and all delays that occur.

So, if IMR are not informed of our dissatisfaction with the state of affairs surrounding the release of the DM and Avalon, this is going to continue happening. If you're going to cancel your order, explain to Bob why you're doing it, because if he improves this aspect of his business as a result, it will be a business worth supporting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back