Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 17, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #4,548 of 18,523
Jan 17, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #4,549 of 18,523
Jan 17, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #4,550 of 18,523
It is a new week, so it is time for a strong start, basshead IEMS with tons of punch, good dynamics, and a wide soundstage!! I'm talking about the Ozar IEMs, a limited-run edition from IMRacoustics, an IEM that is a personal favorite thanks to their natural midrange and engaging sound!!

I compare it with other IEMS in the price bracket, also wrote my personal impressions on the fit and ergonomics in the full review on my website

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2...imited-run-of-well-rounded-basshead-iems.html

A fun read as always George. Thanks for the impressions, man.

Jan 17, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #4,551 of 18,523
Messaged bob and he gave me the code. Order successful. I was just telling him that I'm actually out of the whole buying gear thing. But I cannot skip this 2... Way too exciting to not fall for it. Zenith was my daily driver for over a year and a half and EDP it's my favorite planar. Had a meeting with a good friend yesterday and he lend me the timeless and as much as I liked the thick sound of em, they cannot beat my precious edp. Anyway, seems that this 2 builds and the upcoming mojo 2 are going to be my purchases of the year. If I'm able to sell some old stuff Ill gladly get some other gear such as a r01 for my cayin n6ii
I agree, I'm stoked about THE EDP Ace. I too was pretty much finished buying for a while at least but the announcement of an upgraded EDP is just too much to resist. As for the timeless, put a pure silver Litz cable in it, Azla Sedna tips and give em 300hours - they're pretty spectacular. The stock cable looks sexy but it's got too much resistance and veils the sound a bit, which O ly becomes apparent with a cable swap.

Jan 17, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #4,553 of 18,523
I really don't know much about IMR but that EDP Ace was too interesting to ignore so I snagged one. Seeing how excited some of you are gives me hope!
And you've got 3 months or so to prepare your eardrums ....

Jan 18, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #4,554 of 18,523
It is a new week, so it is time for a strong start, basshead IEMS with tons of punch, good dynamics, and a wide soundstage!! I'm talking about the Ozar IEMs, a limited-run edition from IMRacoustics, an IEM that is a personal favorite thanks to their natural midrange and engaging sound!!

I compare it with other IEMS in the price bracket, also wrote my personal impressions on the fit and ergonomics in the full review on my website

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2...imited-run-of-well-rounded-basshead-iems.html

IMR-Audio-Ozar-IEMs-Earphones-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-09.jpg
Great very informative review like all your reviews very balanced and enjoyable.

Jan 18, 2022 at 2:17 AM Post #4,555 of 18,523
Jan 18, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #4,556 of 18,523
I agree, I'm stoked about THE EDP Ace. I too was pretty much finished buying for a while at least but the announcement of an upgraded EDP is just too much to resist. As for the timeless, put a pure silver Litz cable in it, Azla Sedna tips and give em 300hours - they're pretty spectacular. The stock cable looks sexy but it's got too much resistance and veils the sound a bit, which O ly becomes apparent with a cable swap.
Because of the special connector, it's not easy to find an other/ugrade cable.
My other 2 pins recesssed cables, like my IXNHS graphene câble, don't connect very well or don't stay connected.
What other cable did you use ?

Jan 18, 2022 at 5:04 AM Post #4,559 of 18,523
Have sprung for the Ace and Zenith as will as B stock Ozar. Looking forward to auditioning these in 2022!!

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #4,560 of 18,523
I just asked the question to Bob regarding aftermarket cables. It seems that plussound makes cables with the right connector for IMR. Unfortunately, there cables are expensive and can be as or more expensive than the IEM itself. Another way is to buy only the connectors from them and build your own cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back