• Poll closed .
Sep 14, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #3,902 of 18,013
Sep 14, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #3,903 of 18,013
Sep 14, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #3,904 of 18,013
Sep 14, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #3,905 of 18,013
So next step (stop??)
CUSTOM AVALON!!!!

Sep 14, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #3,906 of 18,013
Im really interested in full size cans. If the price is ok. I would replace my Emu Teaks. Remember Bob mentioning that they will be open backs with ability to make the semi-open. So you can be sure hes full of tuning tricks on cans too.

As for customs. I think many who like the sound but struggled with fit will rejoice.

Now it really makes my wonder what tuning he will choose on customs when tuning nozzles are gone. Or are they?😁

Sep 15, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #3,909 of 18,013
Avalon and Dark Matter will be my last in this portable hobby, which I observed getting crazier recently- may it be DAP or IEM. Better to spend more time with my evergreen home set up than continue to chase the dragon tail.
Yea, verily, blessed are those who realise this and don't go back on their word.

Sep 15, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #3,910 of 18,013
Has anyone tried Semper with ibasso dx300? How is your experience?
This combination is consistently the last thing I settle down to towards the end of the evening.
I'm running the DX300 with AMP12.
The Semper veers to the slightly warm side for me with the AMP11, so I find AMP12 takes it back to a more neutral tone.
I'm using blue/black filters that provides me with a good, smooth bass with just a slight hint of linger. I'm not getting sibilance at the upper end.
My last two DAP purchases have been from iBasso, my previous one being the DX160. iBasso tuning suits me well. I get to enjoy a great layered presentation and a tendency towards a more musical tune rather than flat.
I hear a wonderful soundstage pairing it with the Semper with the best vocal and music/instrument separation compared with the other IEMS and headphones I have.
Semper is not the best fitting IEM for me. It helps to play around with the tips as I feel that they do help to secure the IEM in place. I have settled with the ML size JVC Spiral Dot++. It feels snug and the slightly tacky surface has given me the most ideal
fit with the Semper so far.

Sep 15, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #3,911 of 18,013
Hello friends, I again, after searching a lot and seeing that an IMR RAH came out at a price similar to that of the Dark Matter, I have made the decision to go for the Avalon or Dark Matter.

I do not know if someone, please, in what is known, could describe to me the sound of each one (I know that there is almost no information and that until not testing you can not know anything) and to your understanding which of these 2 would serve me better for genres Metal and Rock friends.

PD: For people who listen to these genres, what combination of filters do friends use?

Greetings

Sep 15, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #3,912 of 18,013
So, i had already been witness of Bob’s impressive customer service, once, the mail lost my halcyon and edp’s and he sent me a brand new pair of each, no questions asked, no nothing.

My ozar started to make something really funny, the left earphone was sounding off, sort of like if the bass was fading, suddenly had it sounding less prominent, talked to bob about it, next thing i know i got a expedited shipping number in my mail, i was impressed how the man was so attentive (as always) i ended up ordering a pair of elans, dude threw a little bonus along which i was like … MAN… why are you so god damn nice!!!?

Anyways… just a kind reminder that this dude is the real deal, super stoked about Dark Matter, after using the elan for a couple of hours, i was so impressed, its funny, it feels like an internal room with the DD sounding overly supportive, the mids feel vivid, its a weird experience, i never had experienced BC drivers before so its a bit strange.

Sep 15, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #3,913 of 18,013
So, i had already been witness of Bob’s impressive customer service, once, the mail lost my halcyon and edp’s and he sent me a brand new pair of each, no questions asked, no nothing.

My ozar started to make something really funny, the left earphone was sounding off, sort of like if the bass was fading, suddenly had it sounding less prominent, talked to bob about it, next thing i know i got a expedited shipping number in my mail, i was impressed how the man was so attentive (as always) i ended up ordering a pair of elans, dude threw a little bonus along which i was like … MAN… why are you so god damn nice!!!?

Anyways… just a kind reminder that this dude is the real deal, super stoked about Dark Matter, after using the elan for a couple of hours, i was so impressed, its funny, it feels like an internal room with the DD sounding overly supportive, the mids feel vivid, its a weird experience, i never had experienced BC drivers before so its a bit strange.
Interesting thing that BC driver isnt it. I have sold my Mest and had to go to usual DD+BA stuff and its just underwhelming. Got another month to wait until i get another BC iem... Loved the immersion so much not sure i can go without it now.

Sep 15, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #3,914 of 18,013
Interesting thing that BC driver isnt it. I have sold my Mest and had to go to usual DD+BA stuff and its just underwhelming. Got another month to wait until i get another BC iem... Loved the immersion so much not sure i can go without it now.
I had to put em off cause of that, i was listening to stradasphere (not an Erik Estrada tribute band, please check it out) and had the craziest moment where i could literally hear the banjo resonance in a way that i cant describe, its just that feeling of hollowness in the snare/ body

Then the resonance of some pianos, the feel of that perpetual echo that fades ever so slowly into pure calmness, i know, i know, but still i had it in my head rather like a memory than that of a sound. That’s why i can’t use it that much… now I’m truly wondering if i should get as well an Avalon…

Sep 15, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #3,915 of 18,013
I had to put em off cause of that, i was listening to stradasphere (not an Erik Estrada tribute band, please check it out) and had the craziest moment where i could literally hear the banjo resonance in a way that i cant describe, its just that feeling of hollowness in the snare/ body

Then the resonance of some pianos, the feel of that perpetual echo that fades ever so slowly into pure calmness, i know, i know, but still i had it in my head rather like a memory than that of a sound. That’s why i can’t use it that much… now I’m truly wondering if i should get as well an Avalon…
Haha. The only thing outdoing this experience is ear speakers. If you have a chance to try it some time, do it. You will find out what holographic really means.
Problem with it is that you need silent environment though.

Edit: here is the link to ones i have tried:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/mysphere-3.23455/reviews

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back