Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 28, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #3,016 of 18,498
With the positive feedback for this new batch is a testament of Bob improvement in his tuning delivering beyond our expectations, and his reputation bound to spread wider. I am so impressed that I’ve already allocated some funds for him to announce the next PB.

Cheers and enjoy your weekend with IMR.
Yes great idea about saving money but things are changing a bit! I don't won't to say to much but, there will not be anymore Private Builds!, instead there will be a new line added to whats on the website now. As i say i don't want to say to much and break Bobs trust, but there is something special coming!

Jun 28, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #3,017 of 18,498
Yes great idea about saving money but things are changing a bit! I don't won't to say to much but, there will not be anymore Private Builds!, instead there will be a new line added to whats on the website now. As i say i don't want to say to much and break Bobs trust, but there is something special coming!

Sweeeeet, more Ultra Amazeballs i can't afford lol.

Hopefully it's not this year. Anyone still waiting for the headphones?

Jun 28, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #3,018 of 18,498
Sweeeeet, more Ultra Amazeballs i can't afford lol.

Hopefully it's not this year. Anyone still waiting for the headphones?
Still waiting on the astras however the tracking finally updated today should be here by Friday!

Jun 28, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #3,019 of 18,498
Does anyone in the thread also own anything new-ish from Thieaudio or the new Moondrop Variations? I'm wondering how they stack up against IMR. I have a pair of Reds that I love, but I'm wondering if I should wait for Ultra Amazeballs or another one of Bob's beauties, or check out those. The special builds were a little out of my price range, although I thought long and hard about Elysium.

Jun 28, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #3,020 of 18,498
Comparing Thieaudio or the new Moondrop Variations to IMR is like comparing BMW to Bugatti :)
They both have their place & you can sure as heck enjoy a BMW...but end of the day a Bugatti is a Bugatti

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #3,021 of 18,498
Does anyone in the thread also own anything new-ish from Thieaudio or the new Moondrop Variations? I'm wondering how they stack up against IMR. I have a pair of Reds that I love, but I'm wondering if I should wait for Ultra Amazeballs or another one of Bob's beauties, or check out those. The special builds were a little out of my price range, although I thought long and hard about Elysium.
I had the Clairvoyance and Blessing 2 Dusk. They sound nothing like IMR IEMs . They go for a reference and neutral kind of sound signature. Close to harman target with a bit of elevated sub bass, more neutral mid bass and forward upper mids compared to IMR which goes for a natural and musical sound. For what it's worth they were 2 of the worst tuned IEMs I've heard . But many like that kind of sound and prefer it.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #3,023 of 18,498
In his mail, he said that it will have a new IEM following the Ozar and Ellan. This 3 IEM line will become regular and he will propose them every year. And yes, no more special build this year. But next year will be amazing. I have ordered the elan, I hope I will not regret it instead of the newcomer. But it will be possible to order it next year.

Jun 28, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #3,026 of 18,498
They go for a reference and neutral kind of sound signature.
I have the fiio FH7 that is analytical and neutral sound. I really appreciate that kind of tuning before having the IMR. Maybe I want to have another analytical one to complete my collection. But I will regret the IMR tuning possibilities and basses. Is there one that you can propose me with big and clear basses and huge sub basse?
I think the mest mk2 is the star now?

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #3,027 of 18,498
I have the fiio FH7 that is analytical and neutral sound. I really appreciate that kind of tuning before having the IMR. Maybe I want to have another analytical one to complete my collection. But I will regret the IMR tuning possibilities and basses. Is there one that you can propose me with big and clear basses and huge sub basse?
Empire Ears Legend X, although it's a bit expensive. , Bravado MK2 is more affordable at about 700 dollars. Or something from Campfire Audio. Vega or a new budget release which is called Honeydew. But I'm not familiar with any except the Legend X, so you have to do a research before buying one.

Jun 28, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #3,028 of 18,498
Empire Ears Legend X, although it's a bit expensive. , Bravado MK2 is more affordable at about 700 dollars. Or something from Campfire Audio. Vega or a new budget release which is called Honeydew. But I'm not familiar with any except the Legend X, so you have to do a research before buying one.
Wow, lot of research to do. But thanks.

Jun 28, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #3,029 of 18,498
So while all y’alls are busy trying out the latest and greatest (and it’s a great ride/read), I’m super excited to reconnect with my OG R1 (pre-Zenith), affixed to the mindblowing Nyx Bluetooth cable by Null-Audio. Brutally good wireless set. My wife snatched the first one I ordered and her work-out iems are now the Aten :couplekiss:

Upon request Null-Audio have a connector that works perfectly for IMR at no extra charge, and super nice customer service. Delivery is a bit expensive but once shipped it took the parcel no more than three days to get from Singapore to Paris. So that’s a good cable supplier to check out beside XINHS/NiceHCK.

I am looking forward to the flagship-tier iem Bob has teased for August-September, it should sit above even the Elan…

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #3,030 of 18,498
Wow, thanks for all the input from everyone. I guess I'll skip those units since I like musical, and save my pennies for whatever Bob has up his sleeve next, including the headphones. I just picked up some open box Devas, so between those and my Reds, I've got plenty to enjoy for now.

So while all y’alls are busy trying out the latest and greatest (and it’s a great ride/read), I’m super excited to reconnect with my OG R1 (pre-Zenith), affixed to the mindblowing Nyx Bluetooth cable by Null-Audio. Brutally good wireless set. My wife snatched the first one I ordered and her work-out iems are now the Aten :couplekiss:
Can I ask what is so good about the Nyx? It looks very similar to some other units, but I didn't read that closely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back