Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 29, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #2,162 of 18,060
Problem is silver is not necessarily the best or most 'stable' metal for a cable. Technically one would hope that a cable would help by increasing the qualities of the IEM it is being used for and not so much 'artificially' changing its actual characteristic or nature...just a thought

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #2,163 of 18,060
Electrical conductivity of silver is slightly better than that of copper, but this don't mean much. The main difference is on aesthetic side and is due to metal oxidation. On silver Ag2O forms a thn and regulaar dark layer, on copper the mix of CuCO3 and Cu(OH)2 forms a not good looking greenish moisty powder. On silver oxidation stops on surface, on copper oxidation proceeds and corrodes the wire if not properly insulated. SPC is worst than copper maybe due to galvanic corrosion too.

Mar 30, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #2,164 of 18,060
Electrical conductivity of silver is slightly better than that of copper, but this don't mean much. The main difference is on aesthetic side and is due to metal oxidation. On silver Ag2O forms a thn and regulaar dark layer, on copper the mix of CuCO3 and Cu(OH)2 forms a not good looking greenish moisty powder. On silver oxidation stops on surface, on copper oxidation proceeds and corrodes the wire if not properly insulated. SPC is worst than copper maybe due to galvanic corrosion too.
I agree - I just think sonically copper is more stable - Of course now I have said that I have just ordered a silver plated copper cable :) but.... its for a headphone that allegedly is lacking a bit in the 10k area so it will be interesting to see how/if the silver element of the cable changes from the standard OFC copper cable included
All good fun

Mar 30, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #2,165 of 18,060
I agree - I just think sonically copper is more stable - Of course now I have said that I have just ordered a silver plated copper cable :) but.... its for a headphone that allegedly is lacking a bit in the 10k area so it will be interesting to see how/if the silver element of the cable changes from the standard OFC copper cable included
All good fun
👍🏻 i agree with your tought.During times I owned several SPC cables; the only two brands not prone to oxidation are Linum Cables and Campfire's stock cable. Poor single wires insulation and galvanic effect IMO. 😄👋🏻

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #2,166 of 18,060
For those that are interested; Just got a note that XINHS is putting the 8 Core Graphene Cable on Sale for $58 for the AliExpress Event on March 29. It's a great cable and paired exceptionally well with my EDP and the UM 3DT. It brings a bit more weight to the bottom end and provides just a little more extension up top. I'm picking up another one to go with the RAH CIEMs that should be here in about 10 days... count down is on.
Hey just wanted to ask about your experience with the SE846 and how come you’ve retired them.

for background I also had them and was using them for electronic drums monitoring and also playing stuff using Tidal off an iphone X but using Chord Mojo. They seemed really good but it’s weird - there was something unexplainable missing for me. The bass was great and all and a few filter hacks helped with upper end but after ordering the Elysium I’m wondering if I was missing the lush mids I once experienced on the P1.

wanted to know your experience :D

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #2,167 of 18,060
Excited about some new products I received and on order to compliment my OM!
1. Just received the Luxury and Precision W2 dongle and if you don't have it, then I suggest you go out and grab it as soon as possible! It took my OM to new heights that I didn't know were attainable
https://shop.musicteck.com/products...1&_sid=b2639c249&_ss=r&variant=39262697685054
2. Purchased the Nicehck Dark Jade cable (on sale for only $71) and is coming from China so who knows when it'll arrive but I bought a cheaper copper cable with a 4.4mm connector so I can make use of the balanced output of the W2 until I receive the Dark Jade

Currently, I'm utilizing the blue bass filter with the black treble filter, connected to the 3.5mm input of the W2. The soundstage has grown exponentially to the point where I'm taking the iem's out of my ears because I think I hear something coming from another part of my bedroom, but it's actually coming from my earphones. The treble is airy and revealing and even though I really enjoyed the full bass output of the black bass filter, it was overpowering the mids and staging so I begrudgingly moved to the blue filter and it was for the better. I'll leave an update after I receive the 4.4mm balanced cable and give it some listening time.

Mar 31, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #2,168 of 18,060
Hey just wanted to ask about your experience with the SE846 and how come you’ve retired them.

for background I also had them and was using them for electronic drums monitoring and also playing stuff using Tidal off an iphone X but using Chord Mojo. They seemed really good but it’s weird - there was something unexplainable missing for me. The bass was great and all and a few filter hacks helped with upper end but after ordering the Elysium I’m wondering if I was missing the lush mids I once experienced on the P1.

wanted to know your experience :D
Hey. Well, it was actually the SE846, in a round about sort of way, that landed me here with several IMRs. It actually started with the SE535. I remember shelling out $500 for them and almost in disbelief that I would spend that kind of dough on a set of earphones. LOL. I had them and loved them for years trying to justify my spend and in fairness they were miles above whatever I was using before and with all the airtravel I was doing, the isolation was great. But I always felt them bass light. So after 5 years with them, I figured I got my money's worth and was able to justify jumping to the 846. At the same time, the P1 was released so I bought it too on a presale offer. They showed up around the same time and my first observations were that the 846 took care of the bass issues from the 535 but using the humble P1 as a contrast, the detail, resolution and upper end sparkle of the 846 was simply missing or at least seriously rolled off against it. So I just came to the conclusion that if a $150 IEM could provide that level of details and resolution, then I had to sell my SE846 and start my quest for the ultimate IEM that had it all. Then I started discovering the differences between Dynamics, BAs, Planars, etc ... As we both know, once the bug bites you, the quest is never over. It's funny how I wrestled so much with myself over dropping $500 on little set of "earbuds" back then, and now I dont even blink at price in this Kilobuck era we are in. I still hunt value, but my definition has shifted. It's a dangerous hobby!

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #2,169 of 18,060
Hey. Well, it was actually the SE846, in a round about sort of way, that landed me here with several IMRs. It actually started with the SE535. I remember shelling out $500 for them and almost in disbelief that I would spend that kind of dough on a set of earphones. LOL. I had them and loved them for years trying to justify my spend and in fairness they were miles above whatever I was using before and with all the airtravel I was doing, the isolation was great. But I always felt them bass light. So after 5 years with them, I figured I got my money's worth and was able to justify jumping to the 846. At the same time, the P1 was released so I bought it too on a presale offer. They showed up around the same time and my first observations were that the 846 took care of the bass issues from the 535 but using the humble P1 as a contrast, the detail, resolution and upper end sparkle of the 846 was simply missing or at least seriously rolled off against it. So I just came to the conclusion that if a $150 IEM could provide that level of details and resolution, then I had to sell my SE846 and start my quest for the ultimate IEM that had it all. Then I started discovering the differences between Dynamics, BAs, Planars, etc ... As we both know, once the bug bites you, the quest is never over. It's funny how I wrestled so much with myself over dropping $500 on little set of "earbuds" back then, and now I dont even blink at price in this Kilobuck era we are in. I still hunt value, but my definition has shifted. It's a dangerous hobby!
Thanks very much for that! Indeed it is a very dangerous hobby :)

I, too, sold the SE846 since I simply couldn’t justify £800 for them, as durable as they seemed.

I look forward to comparing my experience of the Elysium with yours and that of others’

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #2,170 of 18,060
2 new imr announced, you know “the last 2 of the year, before the las 6 of the year” thing.
Very interested in the OZAR, nothing against bone conduction, just an addict to single drivers, and haven’t ever tried bone conduction

I kinda guessed (and wished) the adlc driver (10mm) to be released as a single DD headphone, though (and please correct me if I’m wrong) i thought i read that the very first series (knight BC and EDP+) was supposed to be released with that driver, tbh all this months have been a blur, and right now I’m going through one family loss... anyway, looking forward for these new ones, I’m pulling the trigger on the opus melius and the OZAR

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #2,171 of 18,060
2 new imr announced, you know “the last 2 of the year, before the las 6 of the year” thing.
Very interested in the OZAR, nothing against bone conduction, just an addict to single drivers, and haven’t ever tried bone conduction

I kinda guessed (and wished) the adlc driver (10mm) to be released as a single DD headphone, though (and please correct me if I’m wrong) i thought i read that the very first series (knight BC and EDP+) was supposed to be released with that driver, tbh all this months have been a blur, and right now I’m going through one family loss... anyway, looking forward for these new ones, I’m pulling the trigger on the opus melius and the OZAR

Where is the announcement and i thought the Opus Melius was sold out?

Edit. Found them. There is hope for the end of the year Ultra Amazeballs yet.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #2,172 of 18,060
'no more this year as these are so good and if I make any more I won't be able to maintain the great customer relations :/ Ok, so he lied then - Not impressed

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #2,173 of 18,060
Where is the announcement and i thought the Opus Melius was sold out?

Edit. Found them. There is hope for the end of the year Ultra Amazeballs yet.
I think we're all expecting the Ultra Amazeballs by the end of summer and delivery time by Xmas.😅

Awaiting for further information about the Elan and Ozar. Meanwhile, I'll need to contact Bob to send the EDP and Halcyon to repair the sockets. Both right earpieces are completely loose.

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #2,174 of 18,060

Are you serious?😲

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #2,175 of 18,060

Users who are viewing this thread

Back