Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 25, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #14,011 of 18,497
Beating a dead horse ... :deadhorse: but what I don't get is: Bob had such a big delay with Avalon and Dark Matter that those who pre-ordered got a free Ozar. Or something like that ... this was all unfolding when I first joined this forum.

And then Zenith II and EDP Ace had some significant delays and he threw free cables at us.

Na-Le and, especially, Event Horizon have had the worst delays (that I know of), which means whatever isn't working is getting worse at not working. Wouldn't most business operators identify the problem (even if that's just the way he chooses a release date) and take steps to rectify?

Has Bob never heard of under promise and over deliver?

Aug 25, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #14,012 of 18,497
Beating a dead horse ... :deadhorse: but what I don't get is: Bob had such a big delay with Avalon and Dark Matter that those who pre-ordered got a free Ozar. Or something like that ... this was all unfolding when I first joined this forum.

And then Zenith II and EDP Ace had some significant delays and he threw free cables at us.

Na-Le and, especially, Event Horizon have had the worst delays (that I know of), which means whatever isn't working is getting worse at not working. Wouldn't most business operators identify the problem (even if that's just the way he chooses a release date) and take steps to rectify?

Has Bob never heard of under promise and over deliver?
I personally thinks that Bob is very egoistic person who does not like criticism of his creation and who knows that he has a very unique audio tuning skill and people will buy from him no matter how much or how many time he screws the pre-orders promises. And surprisingly he proves himself right, because each time he opens for a pre-order we support him and there is no break in this chain. Had all of us did not accept his pre-order BS for at least one time, then may be he will come to his senses and we get best of both worlds from him....
But it looks like it is a distant dream.

Aug 26, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #14,013 of 18,497
In general, it seems strange to me that in such a progressive country as the UK, this is possible. Perhaps I saw the world through rose-colored glasses. But now experience has been accumulated, conclusions have been drawn, rose-colored glasses have been removed.

Aug 26, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #14,014 of 18,497
I personally thinks that Bob is very egoistic person who does not like criticism of his creation and who knows that he has a very unique audio tuning skill and people will buy from him no matter how much or how many time he screws the pre-orders promises. And surprisingly he proves himself right, because each time he opens for a pre-order we support him and there is no break in this chain. Had all of us did not accept his pre-order BS for at least one time, then may be he will come to his senses and we get best of both worlds from him....
But it looks like it is a distant dream.
I have been saying for a long time that I don't understand how people are so permissive of this behavior. This is a completelly unethical behaviour that in the long term can only end up exploding, either in Bob's business, or in the pockets of his customers.
But for saying this certain people on this thread, on more than one occasion, have suggested to me that I should abandon this thread.

Aug 26, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #14,015 of 18,497
Event Horizons Exist(ed)

I can put an end to the speculation about the existence of the EHs. Mine arrived last night and we opened them today. As you can see from the photographs, shipping has not been kind to them. Clearly there were a beautifully built set of headphones at some point, but now something unusable. My suspicion of course is that I have to thank EVRi for stacking them in some consolidated container and squeezing them to death. A hole has got punched in the IMR carrying box, but the outer polyethylene bag was intact. Surprisingly there was no cable with the headphones, so one wonders if they got re-packed at some point after being destroyed. Obviously no idea what they would have sounded like. I'll email Bob so he has the bad news when he gets in on Monday, Very sad day, but at least this should put an end to the "they don't exist", "there are no photographs" comments.

Attachments

• IMG_7769.jpeg
    IMG_7769.jpeg
    419.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7774.jpeg
    IMG_7774.jpeg
    527.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7773.jpeg
    IMG_7773.jpeg
    328 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7777.jpeg
    IMG_7777.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7766.jpeg
    IMG_7766.jpeg
    557.1 KB · Views: 0
Aug 26, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #14,016 of 18,497
Event Horizons Exist(ed)

I can put an end to the speculation about the existence of the EHs. Mine arrived last night and we opened them today. As you can see from the photographs, shipping has not been kind to them. Clearly there were a beautifully built set of headphones at some point, but now something unusable. My suspicion of course is that I have to thank EVRi for stacking them in some consolidated container and squeezing them to death. A hole has got punched in the IMR carrying box, but the outer polyethylene bag was intact. Surprisingly there was no cable with the headphones, so one wonders if they got re-packed at some point after being destroyed. Obviously no idea what they would have sounded like. I'll email Bob so he has the bad news when he gets in on Monday, Very sad day, but at least this should put an end to the "they don't exist", "there are no photographs" comments.
Jesus i feel sorry for you
All that wait and the arrive broken :frowning2:
What did u buy the planar or dd?
Also evri??? Though he only ships with royal snail

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #14,017 of 18,497
Event Horizons Exist(ed)

Wow... thats just ... oh man. I feel for you man... cutting cost has its consequences... I'm so sorry man...

Aug 26, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #14,018 of 18,497
Unreal.

Just when you finally find the Unicorn, it's dead.

Aug 26, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #14,019 of 18,497
Aug 26, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #14,020 of 18,497
Jesus i feel sorry for you
All that wait and the arrive broken :frowning2:
What did u buy the planar or dd?
Also evri??? Though he only ships with royal snail
I bought the version with both the planar and DD. I thought they were going to come DHL, but apparently that was too expensive so they went with EVRi. Not my choice, big mistake.

Aug 26, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #14,021 of 18,497
Event Horizons Exist(ed)

Damn -- you have my sympathies. Those photos gave me momentary rage for a few reasons: no self-respecting company should use Evri (which should be burned to the ground), that extremely crappy case...it looks like bottom of the barrel AliExpress quality, the nature of their complete disintegration ...

Don't know if IMR builds more than have been purchased (in other words, how the hell will they be replaced ?). Truly hope so on your behalf.

Aug 28, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #14,024 of 18,497
Portable Nightclub
Same feeling here, my man, but too many cables for me.
I am hoping to reach that feeling again with my iFi GO Pod and the Enigma AMT + Dual Electrostatic, when I will hopefully receive them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back