Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 29, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #1,307 of 18,067
yeah... ime they do change but when something is “exagerated” like shoutyness, it doesn’t just burn in, as much as I love my zeniths for example, they just have this 2k/ 4K peak that will decimate the whole soundstage. I Will mail Bob with a couple of questions, for now I found eq and a good source makes em good enough. Will leave the 150 hours to run, I think my electrostats are doing something funny... I don’t know yet, let’s see

in other news, happy new year to y’all

Yep, I am reaching 200h of burn in and „shoutyness“ stays the same when not using the lower gold nozzle. :wink:

Dec 29, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #1,308 of 18,067
Yep, I am reaching 200h of burn in and „shoutyness“ stays the same when not using the lower gold nozzle. :wink:
Damn...

Changed the cable to dunu duw02, it has a tamed treble thing. Helped a ton, though you can tell the control of the mids/ high mids it’s unstable.

i texted Bob but he’s on vacation and I ... kinda eff’ed my kitchen sink... so ...

Dec 29, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #1,309 of 18,067
I don‘t get it, your are complaining about the shoutyness of the PB2 because you don‘t want to turn your volume nob. That is the purpose of a volume nob, to make things louder when they get quieter.

Dec 29, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #1,310 of 18,067
I don‘t get it, your are complaining about the shoutyness of the PB2 because you don‘t want to turn your volume nob. That is the purpose of a volume nob, to make things louder when they get quieter.
Ehm no, I’m complaining about a headphone that I paid almost 400 quids that has extreme peaks in the mid highs, that needs the whole nozzle out covered to properly function, when all the other items from the same brand perform
Amazingly, more than a complain is figuring out if I got a faulty unit, since I never have had a problem with a product from this guy that actually I have had long conversations with him and supported for more than 2 years, and I know that he will respond regardless cause he got our back. Though I’m still surprised and think that something is wrong with my unit. Will try to compare with someone else’s

Dec 29, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #1,311 of 18,067
Ok, if it is possibly a faulty unit, than this is something completely different.

Dec 29, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #1,313 of 18,067
Well, I already tried the nicehck graphene cable ... In principle, the purchase was thought for the Semper, and I put them on the Semper.
Say they are twice as thick as IMR, and very malleable. In this sense they closely resemble the very famous linsoul tripowin c8.
Well, as soon as I put the headphones on, I was really scared ... It was the same feeling I had when I tried the Semper. Rumbles at the top of their game, neither mids nor highs, nothing ... They even scared me and I took them off right away. I put the IMR cable back on and the wonder came back.
I did the test with the Aten, Kbear tri i3 and the Rah and what an improvement in all 3 headphones. Amazing. Feeling of depth and clarity at all frequencies. Awesome. Now I have them in the Rah and it is as if the headphones have doubled or tripled their value.

Say that both Semper and Opus Mia have the silver / blue combination.
Silver is the second least low ...
Well, in Opus Mia as well as in Semper. Disappointment It rumbles although a little less, and it is more bearable. But it is not worth it.
However, in headphones a little "bland" it does have its benefits. The Kbear Tri I3 have taken a significant qualitative leap with the cable.
And I repeat that in Aten and Rah spectacular (these are not considered dull). I will also try on the Reds.
Later I listened again to the album "Communiqué" by Dire Straits, which is one of the ones that I better know, with the Semper and the graphene cable and it was difficult to finish it
... The bass sounds exaggerated, and I didn't even enjoy it a little.
However, I keep trying and the green / green combination is perfectly tolerable, and with green / blue the great show that these Semper are again returned. Scenario, details ...
Incredible again ... And it's just a filter with less bass than I usually have.
In the box I have prepared several combinations that are mentioned on the web, recommended by Bob, which I try ... and the filter change I do so very quickly.
I also tried pink / red, pink / pink, pink / blue, red / blue, and couldn't stand any of them.
I’ll be receiving one of my NiceHCK DarkJade cables next week. Hopefully I’ll be able to replicate your findings on my RAH & Reds

I hope to receive it next week. I'll tell you as soon as I try it.
The Semper already sound great also with the nicehck and the usual silver / blue combination.
I don't know why they sounded so bad 7 hours ago.
You probably inverted one of the connections, the 1st go around, creating an out of phase scenario

Dec 29, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #1,314 of 18,067
Finally received my Sempers yesterday. Initial impression is that I don't know what to think. Some tracks that I know well are great with a wonderful spaciousness but others are flat and confused. Before anyone comments that the Sempers are intolerant of poorly recorded tracks which I understand to be the case, these are all tracks that sound great with my Opus Mias. I am now only 30 hours into burn in, so will do as others have and reserve judgement until I have the full 200 hours on them and have experimented with nozzle combinations. I am currently running just the pink/pink in open back and don't see much point in messing with the tuning until they have settled in to their final perfomance state.

Dec 30, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #1,315 of 18,067
This is a highly subjective hobby. People often talk about ear anatomy and difference in hearing. But I think listening to music and how we perceive it is very dependent on emotional and psychological state too. Emotionally we are very complex beings. And that plays a big part IMO.

Dec 30, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #1,316 of 18,067
Ehm no, I’m complaining about a headphone that I paid almost 400 quids that has extreme peaks in the mid highs, that needs the whole nozzle out covered to properly function, when all the other items from the same brand perform
Amazingly, more than a complain is figuring out if I got a faulty unit, since I never have had a problem with a product from this guy that actually I have had long conversations with him and supported for more than 2 years, and I know that he will respond regardless cause he got our back. Though I’m still surprised and think that something is wrong with my unit. Will try to compare with someone else’s

Same here, but it happened only during an instrumental solo or when vocals are "shouting". I think this is due to the wide astounding dynamic range of PB2. I've tamed a little using Symbio Mandarines Peels and SPOCC cable, plus lowering volume a little. I'm proceeding with burn-in. Now i'm about 40 hours and PB2 begins to shine hour by hour. I'm on black/blue and i'm waiting for delivery of MMCX to 2 pin adapters so i will try PB2 connected via my NA Thera.
The cobalt blue color of PB2 has been a good choice from Bob, i like it too much (blue is my favourite color).

Dec 30, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #1,317 of 18,067
Around 120 hrs on PB2 and I have now moved to black lower and blue upper filter (a combination recommended by Bob). I have never experienced such drastic changes approx. around every 20 hours in the sound signatures with any of my previous IMRs (including R1 Zeniths, RAHs, EDPs) as with the PB2s. Consequently, I have had fun switching between the various bass and top filters several times during the burn-in process. I look forward to enjoying the PB2s once the sound has finally settled.

Dec 30, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #1,318 of 18,067
Around 120 hrs on PB2 and I have now moved to black lower and blue upper filter (a combination recommended by Bob). I have never experienced such drastic changes approx. around every 20 hours in the sound signatures with any of my previous IMRs (including R1 Zeniths, RAHs, EDPs) as with the PB2s. Consequently, I have had fun switching between the various bass and top filters several times during the burn-in process. I look forward to enjoying the PB2s once the sound has finally settled.

50 hours burn in aprox (give or take) went back to my usual silver/ red
Bass is way more controlled, mids are getting there, no shoutyness. Getting a vibe of crispier details and realistic mids.

went back to stock 4.4 cable, everything under control, as mentioned by you brother, I never had this experience either. Aten r2 had a “murky”
Time but Ir wasn’t anything I worried about. This ones I was about to send em back. Normally when something happens like this I form an emotional bond with the gear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back