Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 7, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #11,326 of 18,041
I had three reservations: Seraph, NaLe and Zion. After (IMO) an unacceptable long delay with Seraph, on January I asked IMR to cancel all three payments. IMR only refunded two of them (Zion and NaLe), with the argument that Seraph is not possible to cancel because is at the Mail delivery depot. Difficult to understand because I had the tracking number on November, and up to today (February 7th) tracking number STILL does not track anything.
I have asked twice if the tracking number is still the same after four months. No answer yet from Bob.

To me this will be my last IMR, and I still have 12 IMR IEMs, all of them working flawlessly and marvellously. This behaviour, with the lack of feedback on what's going on with your ALREADY PAID items, is unacceptable for me. At the point that I'm starting to assume that I've lost my money on the Seraph.

The problem with the cyber attack is only the last drop on a long series of failures that have been produced in the last two years with IMR. To me, IMR has lost completely it's credibility as a brand. It's really a pain, because I really love their products. But sometimes you have to say that enough is enough

In two words: TOTALLY UNNACCEPTABLE.
I kinda can feel your dissapoinment, but my problem is different: I've got 3 IMR IEMs, and at least 2 of them are defective (first has vacuum effect on black nozzle in left earphone, second has vacuum in both earphones), and the 3rd one (Dark Matter) is questionable to me, because after New Aten I can't describe the bass as totally endgame, so if this is because of it's defective, then I'm done with IMR too. The 3 out of 3 streak will be absolutely ridiculous.

I've seen some people mentioned that DM can lose some bass slam during burn in process and then return it back when it's complete. I can do nothing except hoping that it's the same case for me, as I felt my DM has just lost something in lower region after full weekend of burn in. BTW, I'm at around 400 hours now.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #11,327 of 18,041
In fact, I now have a doubt that the Seraphs are actually shipped, as IMR's instagram page has not shown a single photo of them, unlike with the rest of the products IMR has been putting out, which showed them shortly before mailing them out.
The only photo of anything resembling a Seraph is a photo of the MEMS drivers in a box.
As a purchaser of a Seraph, I still have no proof of its existence, as even the tracking number provided does not mention that the shipment has been deposited at the post office. And this more than six moths after the final payment and near four months after the supposedly shipment.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023 at 6:42 AM Post #11,328 of 18,041
In fact, I now have a doubt that the Seraphs are actually shipped, as IMR's instagram page has not shown a single photo of them, unlike with the rest of the products IMR has been putting out, which showed them shortly before mailing them out.
The only photo of anything resembling a Seraph is a photo of the MEMS drivers in a box.

Its the same with Titan.

Feb 7, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #11,329 of 18,041
As a purchaser of a Seraph, I still have no proof of its existence, as even the tracking number provided does not mention that the shipment has been deposited at the post office. And this more than six moths after the final payment and near four months after the supposedly shipment.
I agree. I have no idea if the Seraph exists. I emailed Bob a few days ago but no reply yet. The tracking number is dead and there's no shipment information. I'm a bit concerned and considering asking for a refund.

Feb 7, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #11,330 of 18,041
I agree. I have no idea if the Seraph exists. I emailed Bob a few days ago but no reply yet. The tracking number is dead and there's no shipment information. I'm a bit concerned and considering asking for a refund.
I asked for a refund of Seraph, along with NaLe and Zion. Only NaLe and Zion were refunded, with the explanation that Seraph cannot be refunded due to the fact that it was already in the post office. This was a month ago. I have serious doubts that this is really true.

Feb 7, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #11,331 of 18,041
I just got a reply from Bob. He insists in the known problems with the Royal Mail. Also if there's no update on tracking within the next 7 days he will build another Seraph+. It's strange.

Feb 7, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #11,332 of 18,041
I kinda can feel your dissapoinment, but my problem is different: I've got 3 IMR IEMs, and at least 2 of them are defective (first has vacuum effect on black nozzle in left earphone, second has vacuum in both earphones), and the 3rd one (Dark Matter) is questionable to me, because after New Aten I can't describe the bass as totally endgame, so if this is because of it's defective, then I'm done with IMR too. The 3 out of 3 streak will be absolutely ridiculous.

I've seen some people mentioned that DM can lose some bass slam during burn in process and then return it back when it's complete. I can do nothing except hoping that it's the same case for me, as I felt my DM has just lost something in lower region after full weekend of burn in. BTW, I'm at around 400 hours now.
The great danger is waiting for the far off, distant in time, holy, sacred.....'burn-in'. If you are clear that your Dark Matter is not right ask Bob to exchange them. Otherwise you will be waiting for the 'Messiah' to arrive. My first DM was 'just wrong', and I sent them back for exchange. The replacement set are a joy to listen to.....'just right'. With hand matched IEM's if the 'artisan', doing it is not totally trained or experienced in what they are doing, then 'hand matched' can mean......'not' matched properly.

You have paid, so you must get the DM as the sound was intended.

Feb 7, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #11,333 of 18,041
I just got a reply from Bob. He insists in the known problems with the Royal Mail. Also if there's no update on tracking within the next 7 days he will build another Seraph+. It's strange.
Makes no sense. What does Bob think is so magical about waiting another 7 days? It's been months so far.

We got a similar update a month ago that said tracking numbers should start moving in a week. If not, contact him. Well you can guess how that went.....

Feb 7, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #11,334 of 18,041
The great danger is waiting for the far off, distant in time, holy, sacred.....'burn-in'. If you are clear that your Dark Matter is not right ask Bob to exchange them. Otherwise you will be waiting for the 'Messiah' to arrive. My first DM was 'just wrong', and I sent them back for exchange. The replacement set are a joy to listen to.....'just right'. With hand matched IEM's if the 'artisan', doing it is not totally trained or experienced in what they are doing, then 'hand matched' can mean......'not' matched properly.

You have paid, so you must get the DM as the sound was intended.
I've got pre-owned DM, so no warranties and exchanges. If it's defective, then that's it.

Feb 7, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #11,335 of 18,041
I've got pre-owned DM, so no warranties and exchanges. If it's defective, then that's it.
Ryoidenshi

Hi friend. I bought a used Ozar from this very thread, it sounded bass-less, and on examination there was a lots of glue in the chambers of the IEM..... it sounded lacking in everything. Bod dealt with it in the way only Bob does, he exchanged for a brand new pair of Ozars. Aside from the delivery problems, Bob's after care is legendary. Kind Hearted. Explain to Bob your problem and I am a 100% sure he will deal with it.

Feb 7, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #11,336 of 18,041
Ryoidenshi

Explain to Bob your problem and I am a 100% sure he will deal with it.
True. Logistics may still be a shocking nightmare, but once they're finally in customer's hands (regardless of how), Bob stands by his products.

Feb 7, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #11,337 of 18,041
Ryoidenshi

Hi friend. I bought a used Ozar from this very thread, it sounded bass-less, and on examination there was a lots of glue in the chambers of the IEM..... it sounded lacking in everything. Bod dealt with it in the way only Bob does, he exchanged for a brand new pair of Ozars. Aside from the delivery problems, Bob's after care is legendary. Kind Hearted. Explain to Bob your problem and I am a 100% sure he will deal with it.
I've asked him once about R2 Aten vacuum problem, and he told me back then that since they're pre-owned, if there's a problem with them, then I'll have to pay for the repair. As for DM, I received that answer about no warranty from Brandon, haven't spoke with Bob himself for a long time now.

But I'm not gonna make any conclusions until I finish burning them in. There's no lost frequencies, no driver flex, no other strange noizes from my DMs, there's just some strange behavior since the drivers not in their final condition I guess. The sound changes in many ways as the time goes. Some people say that for Avalon and DM it is not 500 but 600 hours for the sound to completely stabilize.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #11,338 of 18,041
I've asked him once about R2 Aten vacuum problem, and he told me back then that since they're pre-owned, if there's a problem with them, then I'll have to pay for the repair. As for DM, I received that answer about no warranty from Brandon, haven't spoke with Bob himself for a long time now.want to heal the problem. I have no idea why Brandon, whoever he is, would cite 'no warranty',
I'm surprised at that. If their is a problem I understand he may charge for a repair, but usually he does try to look after his IEM's in all circumstances. Anyone can abdicate responsibility, which is unethical, and I have had that with a brand new Tempotec V6. completely worthless, meaningless...warranty from TempoTec, although I would have hoped Bob would have wanted to help because that's the platform that draws us in to buy from IMR. Seeing that the delivery side is so tainted, I would retreat from IMR if the amazing after care became diluted.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #11,339 of 18,041
Not the evening I had planned in Accident and Emergency with suspected blood clot on my heart. At least I've got my Sony NW-WM1A and some iems with me for the ages between the tests.

Feb 7, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #11,340 of 18,041
Not the evening I had planned in Accident and Emergency with suspected blood clot on my heart. At least I've got my Sony NW-WM1A and some iems with me for the ages between the tests.
Wishing excellent care, a speedy recovery, and rapid healing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back