Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 11, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #5,401 of 18,013
you are singlehandedly hyping me for the EDP Ace that is just a few weeks away!!! I cant wait to hear what BC + DD + Planar + tuning filters has to offer. I wonder how an EST driver would benefit the sound with that array of drivers.
If the EDP Ace is tuned as well as the SOG you are in for an unbelievable technical IEM with a flawless tuning.

Currently I am enjoying my SOG listening to vaporwave. The tuning and detail presantation is nearly perfect. Harman-tuned IEMs are nothing compared to this level of excellence.

Mar 11, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #5,403 of 18,013
My IMR SOG suddenly developed driver flex. Mostly on the left side. I kept on cleaning my ears till I noticed it was not my ear wax creating the squishy plastic noises.

I found a solution already. My Tennmak Ultra Foams fit perfectly on the SOG. Driver flex issue gone. These foams are really good. The SOG sounds a little bit more intimate now.

Mar 11, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #5,404 of 18,013
someone recommend me foams for the Ozar please! had to fiddle around with fit issues and while they have been resolved, the generic JVC foams have started to tear a bit. ideally something I won't have to wait weeks for?

maybe other tips too? thanks :)

Mar 11, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #5,406 of 18,013
Mar 11, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #5,409 of 18,013
I dismissed the gold nozzle as it is has a white filter and thought it would distort the sound too much, but it's actually very clear and gives good instrument placement, bass is tighter. Something was a little off using blue/blue (everything sounded close together and soundstage wasn't great) this may have sorted it.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #5,410 of 18,013
someone recommend me foams for the Ozar please! had to fiddle around with fit issues and while they have been resolved, the generic JVC foams have started to tear a bit. ideally something I won't have to wait weeks for?

maybe other tips too? thanks :)
I've been using Comply T500 with my Ozar and I love it!

Mar 11, 2022 at 9:47 PM Post #5,412 of 18,013
So I am let down by the Avalon but I think I found my endgame after 75 iems. I really love the semper, campfire andromeda, isn est50, and campfire Solaris. But holy cow y'all the flare e-prototype. Seriously think this is it. Everything I always wanted. Bass, soundstage, details like crazy. Driven easy out if an iPhone. Comfy. Every damn thing. Build quality super sketchy but sound is amazing

Mar 12, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #5,414 of 18,013
I recall Bob did share some remarks about DM during the prototype period, and I just extracted this from IMR’s Facebook. Exactly what I’m hearing today as it was placed on burning the whole of yesterday while taking a break enjoying Semper with some Bluesy stuff.

C6B2AEDB-0626-4663-B764-3090D3FEA0A8.jpeg

Oh mine! that quality thunderous bass and rumble is real to my ears. Clarity wise already a known attribute of DM. Try have a go with Deep Purple Japan Live, Grand Funk Railroad albums Survival (Japan Version) and E Pluribus Funk for crazy bass guitar by Mel. Toto albums Minefields and Through The Looking Glass for immersive soundstage and that big bass sound, if your are into old classic rock.

Listening today using my 2MaX DAP on balance with DM on Blue nozzle black filter and Comply T600 M.

Mar 12, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #5,415 of 18,013
Listed my Semper if anyone is interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back