Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 6, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #3,586 of 18,013
I will be waiting for announcement too. Will definitely be in the list of consideration.
I think i will just wait for canjam and then i will have an idea of what i want.

For the Avalon and Dark Matter announcement or the Babylon that he says he isn't making for 1 or 2 years or maybe more that we know he is already planning lol. I do have a theory on this but i can't disclose it, all you vultures will latch onto it and in no time you will all turn myth into the new legend LMAO.

Aug 6, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #3,587 of 18,013
So far this checks out legit, not too hardcore death metal blurrrrrrr aaarrrggghhhhhh vocals and lyrics, still legible and musical and energetic.
Meanwhile I am finding this in my inbox:
“Hey everyone, just a quick heads up if you are looking for primitive, stupid, insane music. R created another project called Seven Headed Serpent. It is basically Von if they were a noisecore band with no riffs at all and the volume knob stuck at 11. If that sounds interesting (it probably doesn't) check it out at sevenheadedserpent.bandcamp.com

Aug 6, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #3,588 of 18,013
Meanwhile I am finding this in my inbox:
“Hey everyone, just a quick heads up if you are looking for primitive, stupid, insane music. R created another project called Seven Headed Serpent. It is basically Von if they were a noisecore band with no riffs at all and the volume knob stuck at 11. If that sounds interesting (it probably doesn't) check it out at sevenheadedserpent.bandcamp.com

I have not yet listened but my previous description was supposed to include “That’s not music that’s just noise”

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #3,590 of 18,013
20210806_005555.jpg

OK @NellieG you win. The Red IMR on your Bluetooth setup looks way cooler.

A bad design with the UTWS3 is that the pins are made for IEMs that have no recess for the pin connection. The pin insertion to the Elan and for the other IMRs is quite shallow. It makes the pins easy to come loose.

The overall sound from the Elan/UTWS3 is a flatter response than with my wired connection.

There is loss of richness in the sound and bass range. It is not an unpleasant sound, but there isn't much layering and 3d effect that I have been enjoying when wired to the iBasso DX300. The Elan/UTWS3 should still be good for laid back, acoustic music.
I bought the 2 pin version of the UTWS3 hoping to use them with my Opus Mias but found as you did that they really don't connect well with the recessed IMRs. I returned them and got a set with the MMCX connectors and a pair of OEAudio MMCX to 0.78mm 2pin Adapter (Black) from Amazon. The adapters are expensive for what they are, but they fit perfectly in the OMs and have the added advantage that with the MMCX coupling the earphone can rotate to suit your ear fit.

UTWS3 plus Opus Mias.jpeg

The adapter does make the assembly bigger, but fortunately with the Tenmak medium tips I have on, they still just fit in the charging case, but it is a squeeze!

I think that the sound from this combination is really terrific with a great soundstage and plenty of volume.

Aug 6, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #3,591 of 18,013

Loving this era !!!

That is when I was first introduced to them with a dubbed tape from a wayward friend. I listened on my Walkman so much that the tape broke so I had to go buy my own. Still my favorite album of theirs. I first saw them on the next tour, my first of many shows.

If you like the cleaner vocals and not the Cookie Monster stuff - do check out the last Judas Priest album (Firepower), or actually most of their catalog other than the old psychedelic stuff.

I can't say I'm a fan of growling, either. I Like to enjoy the lyrics. But I like many styles of music, and I've enjoyed the stuff you've been posting - thanks! It's always nice to add to life's soundtrack.

Aug 6, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #3,592 of 18,013
I bought the 2 pin version of the UTWS3 hoping to use them with my Opus Mias but found as you did that they really don't connect well with the recessed IMRs. I returned them and got a set with the MMCX connectors and a pair of OEAudio MMCX to 0.78mm 2pin Adapter (Black) from Amazon. The adapters are expensive for what they are, but they fit perfectly in the OMs and have the added advantage that with the MMCX coupling the earphone can rotate to suit your ear fit.

UTWS3 plus Opus Mias.jpeg

The adapter does make the assembly bigger, but fortunately with the Tenmak medium tips I have on, they still just fit in the charging case, but it is a squeeze!

I think that the sound from this combination is really terrific with a great soundstage and plenty of volume.
Smart thinking... I actually have these adapters too, but don't have your brains.
Maybe I can check to see if there are 2 pin extenders.

Aug 7, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #3,593 of 18,013
Thanks for the input.

I have tried a variety of sources, amps tips, nozzles and I I am used to the IMR sound with the other models. I found the RAH and halcyon much smoother and immersive. I would prefer the Halcyon if it wansn't broken.

I wish I had your experience NellieG in terms of sound. I forgot to mention that yes they do not fit in their stock configuration. I had to swap L-R sides and wear them upside down so they actually stay on my head. Other than fitting very tight in my ear area (outside) due to the extra leanth of the connection on top the cable does not sit allong the top of my ears and therefore it just falls off my head within seconds when worn that way. Upside down they do look silly and still don't fit well at all but are at least workable. They are huge!

Has fitment been an issue on any of the newer models?

The inconsistency of quality and sound is concerning otherwise I would be tempted by these new pro ones. I guess I should just use the return policy but I don't like to be "that guy" unless its clear the product doesnt work.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #3,594 of 18,013
Thanks for the input.

I have tried a variety of sources, amps tips, nozzles and I I am used to the IMR sound with the other models. I found the RAH and halcyon much smoother and immersive. I would prefer the Halcyon if it wansn't broken.

I wish I had your experience NellieG in terms of sound. I forgot to mention that yes they do not fit in their stock configuration. I had to swap L-R sides and wear them upside down so they actually stay on my head. Other than fitting very tight in my ear area (outside) due to the extra leanth of the connection on top the cable does not sit allong the top of my ears and therefore it just falls off my head within seconds when worn that way. Upside down they do look silly and still don't fit well at all but are at least workable. They are huge!

Has fitment been an issue on any of the newer models?

The inconsistency of quality and sound is concerning otherwise I would be tempted by these new pro ones. I guess I should just use the return policy but I don't like to be "that guy" unless its clear the product doesnt work.

if they don’t fit very well that would obviously cause sound issues as you describe for sure.
Just reach out to Bob and have a chat I am certain something can be worked out. He will repair the Halcyon.

Aug 7, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #3,595 of 18,013
If you like the cleaner vocals and not the Cookie Monster stuff - do check out the last Judas Priest album (Firepower)

Phenomenal Album

Yep loving this for the more authoritative firmly on the metal side, i need a Harley Davidson and not a Triumph. Iron Maiden feels really wholesome and heart warming, Judas Priest i should probably go start a fire somewhere. (Not intending to offend anyone with the current world ongoings, just expressing the feels of musical emotion)

Judas Priest - Lone Wolf :metal: :metal:
Judas Priest - Never the Heroes :metal:
Seriously loved every track but those 2 really grabbed my attention.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #3,596 of 18,013
Hey Ya'll
A quick reminder that you can [carefully] remove the plastic of the ear hooks - Gives a much better fit over the ear (for my ears anyway) - I made a small knick at the end of the plastic and picked it until I could get a grip and then slowly & carefully peeled the plastic way cutting it just before it enters the connector :)

bc-kn--earhk.JPG

Aug 7, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #3,597 of 18,013
Hey Ya'll
A quick reminder that you can [carefully] remove the plastic of the ear hooks - Gives a much better fit over the ear (for my ears anyway) - I made a small knick at the end of the plastic and picked it until I could get a grip and then slowly & carefully peeled the plastic way cutting it just before it enters the connector :)

Confirmed.

DF79EF8B-25AF-4CCF-AA71-1D502906589B.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #3,598 of 18,013
Whoop :D
Gor bless ya NellieG

Aug 7, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #3,600 of 18,013
So whilst i can use all my IEM's for any music i have now settled on preferences for each.

R1 Zenith love Metal
R2 Aten love Electronic
Red are a great choice for Bluetooth for all genres and sound like the R2 Aten
PB1 loves Jazz and female vocalists

I would love to know how many thousands of hours i have on the R2 Aten, i would think an easy 5000-8000.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back