Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 17, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #2,731 of 18,013
Now waiting for the ASTRA, and if this EDP is somethin to go about, the Astras must sound godlike!

Close enough

D5C3E093-DB15-4119-A0E2-27654F8E6AD7.png

Jun 17, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #2,732 of 18,013
Looking forward to seeing how they compare to your collection, especially ones like Mest and Odin. Different categories and tech, but still interested nonetheless
Well, out of the top of my head, for now the reaction to listening to them is/was the same one when I got the Vision ears... but I will have to sit down and get back to you.

Jun 17, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #2,733 of 18,013
Hello all,

Just got my EDP+, oh WOW! just out of the box, will keep listening and maybe a few compares later in the weekend or next week. Now waiting for the ASTRA, and if this EDP is somethin to go about, the Astras must sound godlike!
Yep, and I've got huge expectations for the Elysium! Have fun this weekend!

Jun 17, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #2,734 of 18,013
Yep, and I've got huge expectations for the Elysium! Have fun this weekend!
Indeed high, no doubt the Elysium will also sound awesome!

Jun 18, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #2,735 of 18,013
Hey guys, just saying I am in LOVE with my bass cannons. The mids and highs are clear even with the black filter and nozzle and the amount of bass just puts a huge grin on my face every time I listen to any song with some good thump to it. The wide bore tips are a must have. Also worth noting I swapped the plates and run them "closed". The packaging cables and tips are top notch quality. They are the perfect compliment to my A12ts.

Jun 18, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #2,736 of 18,013
Also worth noting I swapped the plates and run them "closed".

What differences do you hear in comparison to the "open" plate?

I really dig the BCs - keep listening to them almost every possible hour in the office :wink: The only thing missing coming from Rah are the more forward mids, therefore I bumbed the 1k region by 3db - basically solved the "issue" for me (maybe with burn in they will open up a bit more).
Bass is obviously phenomenal, but I still can't believe how good the highs are. I'm extremally sensitive to piercing highs and sibilants (hence always the the gold top), but although these are a lot more extended than Rahs, they're still not harsh at all!

Jun 18, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #2,738 of 18,013
Try pink nozzle black filter with some wide bore tips and let me know your thoughts... 😃
My bass loving ears prefer either Black and Red nozzle. On certain occasions using Pink nozzle blue filter only on Semper for that neutral warmth SS closer to my Vision Ears VE6x2. But after an hour or so roll back to Red nozzle blue/filter cos always had that feeeling like something missing down below, the addictive deep bass.

I always use wide bore for my universal IEMs. It’s doesn’t create a bottleneck between the nozzle to my eardrum. Narrow bore just ain’t my cup of tea.

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #2,739 of 18,013
Man alive, trying to tweak the EDP+ mid burn in is like trying to herd cats :D
You get one frequency perfect but then other parts are not quite there.
With some combos there is a somewhat 'glass like brittle-ness' which is exactly what I would imagine from a very stiff driver...Interesting

With some, more - bass lite set ups, the clarity and 3D detailed room sounds are incredible but then putting the black bass filter on to give a fuller low end seems to veil / hide some of these attributes
Im stuck on gold lower / purple upper for now. Not perfect but good enough a quick listen
Im thinking more and more these are going to take a good 2-300 hours burn in at least

Jun 18, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #2,740 of 18,013
With some combos there is a somewhat 'glass like brittle-ness' which is exactly what I would imagine from a very stiff driver...Interesting

With some, more - bass lite set ups, the clarity and 3D detailed room sounds are incredible but then putting the black bass filter on to give a fuller low end seems to veil / hide some of these attributes
Im stuck on gold lower / purple upper for now. Not perfect but good enough a quick listen
Im thinking more and more these are going to take a good 2-300 hours burn in at least
So, new Driver Tech, same IMR experience. Excellent. Further evidence that something magnificent is being refined. Like an exquisite Bordeaux that needs to be decanted and just aerate a while to let all that complexity and fullness open up. I've got lots of experience with miniaturized planars now and 300 is the number I keep coming up with... They sound great after about 150 but really blossom at about the 300 hr mark....

It's the full IMR experience on the shipping front too. I was expecting a tracking number the end of May knowing it would not be until the 1st week of June, which was eventually confirmed and communicated by Bob as per usual procedure. Finally got a tracking number 2 weeks after that (this Tuesday) but post office only scanned it in today (friday) ..... so everything is normal. Shipping 3 to 4 weeks later than expected. OK, I promised myself, I wouldn't let this bug me.... But I just can't help it. Great IEMs awful fulfillment.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #2,741 of 18,013
Its clear that the EDP+ has a similar reduction in low end 'weight' with its predecessor (in comparison to the Opus for example) which means then im looking for what this particular model is offering, what its best at and then trying to tweak the sound around that
I always enjoy finding the correct tonality of everything - drum kits, vocal mids and highs as and how they are presented with their own unique slant as per the drivers used
In this case what stands out is profound detail and imagining. You can hear the shape and nature of the room the music was recorded in a holographic 3d way but.... maybe not the best IEM's for pounding your ears with a Deep Purple drum solo

Interested to see where they finally settle
I must confess to asking Bob why there is no sign of my order - Not impressed

Jun 18, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #2,742 of 18,013

I was in the same boat with you on the black filter. Love the bass rumble, but it crept into the mids and narrowed the soundstage. That's why I found that the perfect balance (for me) was the blue bottom. Any nozzle below that just killed the bass response and the magic of that DD.

Jun 18, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #2,743 of 18,013
I was in the same boat with you on the black filter. Love the bass rumble, but it crept into the mids and narrowed the soundstage. That's why I found that the perfect balance (for me) was the blue bottom. Any nozzle below that just killed the bass response and the magic of that DD.
Nice :) I think I jumped over the blue bottom to the gold! TBH I bought them for my out-and-about listening though so I have yet to tune them to my other DAP
This time next week should have a much clearer idea about the end sound

Jun 18, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #2,744 of 18,013
Its clear that the EDP+ has a similar reduction in low end 'weight' with its predecessor (in comparison to the Opus for example) which means then im looking for what this particular model is offering, what its best at and then trying to tweak the sound around that
I always enjoy finding the correct tonality of everything - drum kits, vocal mids and highs as and how they are presented with their own unique slant as per the drivers used
In this case what stands out is profound detail and imagining. You can hear the shape and nature of the room the music was recorded in a holographic 3d way but.... maybe not the best IEM's for pounding your ears with a Deep Purple drum solo

Interested to see where they finally settle
I must confess to asking Bob why there is no sign of my order - Not impressed
My initial impressions about the EDP+ are just the opposite.: very pronounced sub bass and mid bass rumble (with foam tips and grey nozzle plus blue filter) but subdued treble response. Vocals are still somewhat veiled but with high detail. In fact, bass and sub bass especially are outstanding in the EDP+ among my IEM collection (similar to JVC woodie FX850). Only 24 h burn in...

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #2,745 of 18,013
I have receive my tracking number for elysium. But still with parcelforce. For the 35 £ shipment it makes as long as the 15£. With dhl it takes 3-4 days. I don't understand.
Super!! I'm still waiting for mine for the astra. Meanwhile EDP+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back