Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 19, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #1,894 of 18,048
I noticed that Xcessors come in different colours, like black, transparent ... do you know if they differ from each other in any way except the colour?
They are all the same IMO, they have only different colors. I'm using dark-translucent/orange. Very cool.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 0
Feb 19, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #1,895 of 18,048
Some very sexy looking internals with the new driver tech of the IMR BC o_0
  • 5th generation Ceramic Hybrid Aten driver featuring rare earth Neodymium motors with a composite diaphragm + 5th generation high resolution Piezo ceramic driver
  • + A.D.L.C (amorphous diamond like carbon) driver

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 23.48.05.png

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 23.53.43.png

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #1,896 of 18,048
Hi everyone!
Hope my question will not sound too silly or naive ... but could anyone comment whether any of the current (or recently announced) IMR models can definitively replace and ‘better’ the Sony IER Z1R in all aspects?
And which IMR model(s) would be most like the Z1R? Trying to decide what to chase next (if anything).

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #1,897 of 18,048
Hi everyone!
Hope my question will not sound too silly or naive ... but could anyone comment whether any of the current (or recently announced) IMR models can definitively replace and ‘better’ the Sony IER Z1R in all aspects?
And which IMR model(s) would be most like the Z1R? Trying to decide what to chase next (if anything).
I don’t own any Sony IEM, but if you love non-fatiguing signature with all 3 frequencies range working in tandem delivering one of a kind addictive signature ushering you into the music you won’t go wrong with IMR.

Visceral bass, glorious midrange, crisp treble is what I am getting from Semper.
Overall Smooth and liquid mind pleasing signature in OM.
Physical textured bass, clarity midrange, airy treble in PB1.
Not forgetting the fun on the go of little EDP.

Since you are curious of the new model, here is something for you to think about in Elysium and BC tech.

From Bob:
The Bc is mounted directly to the shell which in turn transfers sound directly to your inner ear and bypasses the eardrum completely. This adds a realism and a feeling of being in the scene of the music in a way no other driver can.
You will find that the Elysium is more inline with the PB1 but adds the realism via the BC and adds a greater stage and placement while retaining the expected IMR qualities.

Feb 22, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #1,898 of 18,048
Feb 22, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #1,900 of 18,048
Im wondering if there was an issue with that specific cable. IMR cables are top notch. Can you squeeze 'more' treble or other qualities out your IMR with a much more expensive or different material (better?) cable - yes but does that diminish the IMR cable. No !
IMR cables are good copper cables that to my ears sound less peaky than most. They're neutral with warm-ish upper mids and slightly recessed treble. This type of cables works very well with excessively bright IEMs. I use old Rah/zenith cables with Mofasest Trio and with Mangird Tea. Newer OM cables are brighter and mostly neutral-bright, and I just use them with IMR, except for Opus, that has loose fit to those connectors. I use bright cable $20 Tripowin Zoni 16core SPC with OM. Brings extra upper treble.
Well the Mest stock cable is about 400 usd and it changes nothing for me vs the IMR cable.
FDBRO 8core is what I chose today after thinking that it's about time to go back to stock MEST cable, but like it better with FDbro. Mest cable is too bright to me and as a result, - I get better stage with $20 cable. Good match to my preferences is everything, and if it can be achieved with cheap cable, - I'd have no problem with it. I didn't try IMR cable with mest because it has too much leverage and can brake-off those flimsy QDC connectors. Compared to MEST, IMRs're built like tanks.
BTW, FDbro fits OM connectors with satisfying click.
To me, it totally choked the mest. The treble extention and soundstage were night and day!
That's another reason why I didn't bother trying IMR cables with MEST as it was tuned with very bright hybrid Co-SPC(I believe), and IMR copper cables would mellow it too much.
Finally, I believe that my(and possibly many others) tendency to be picky about cables is rather a disability than ability. I envy those who can instantly adjust to minor changes in sound and whose brain is capable enough to recreate the sound-stage through more obstacles.:smile_phones::vulcan:

Feb 22, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #1,901 of 18,048
Hi everyone!
BGGAR says that UM MEST had replaced imr-z1r in his collection for top reference and I mostly agree, though z1r lower treble was too hot for me. MEST has competent bass, comparable with z1r(maybe), but my favorite bass now is more agile $350 UM 3DT which is behind OM only in tonal balance. UM has a bass that tonally competitive with z1r, but z1r has superior upper mids and treble. So currently, no IMR is comparable IMO. Maybe new bone conductor addition will bring the latest IMR generation to that level.:shrug:
Also, in my ears ier-z1r was the only IEM that fit worse than Rah & it's not forgiving to shallow fit. Deep insertion is required for mids and treble sounding correctly, and to say that it was painful is not understatement.:grimacing: Semper is huge, but I don't have problem with its fit, and lately I even figured out descent Rah fit with short shallow TWS tips.:vulcan:

Feb 23, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #1,903 of 18,048
Hi all, someone here has ever tried to comment an Instagram post on IMR profile? When I try to leave a comment Instagram notifies "comments on this post are not allowed" although there are under every post some appreciation comments, always by the same few nicknames. This is quite strange to me. 🤔😄

Feb 23, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #1,904 of 18,048
Hi all, someone here has ever tried to comment an Instagram post on IMR profile? When I try to leave a comment Instagram notifies "comments on this post are not allowed" although there are under every post some appreciation comments, always by the same few nicknames. This is quite strange to me. 🤔😄
Ive seen 'comments limited' so maybe you can only add 3 or 4 comments in each post ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back