• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 15, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #16,322 of 18,526
Looks like IMR no longer exists
They have manufactured nothing all year.
Not a single customer has received an iem from them.
Maybe 25 Titans went out in 2022-2023.

Am I the only one who's thinking this ?
I am asking for a refund tomorrow.
This is actually a very interesting observation. A few Titans was basically all they produced for the entire year of 2023. I guess that's why I thought they would actually deliver on the Enigma. But it doesn't look like it.

I was really hoping Paggio would get his Enigma and it would be an indication of good things to come for the rest of us waiting for ours. But it looks like Bob pulled the old bait-and-switch. As much as I hate to say it, a refund might be in the cards for me as well. The Enigma looks to be going in the same direction as Event Horizon. The lure of the AMT driver was enough to hook people on the Enigma, but it looks like it will never see the light of day.

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #16,323 of 18,526
I am sorry for everyone who is experiencing the ongoing problems with IMR. Fortunately I had my NaLe refunded before the curtain of silence fell.

I haven't previously wanted to post the following links, for hope Bob might deliver on his promises, but for those outside of the UK looking for an authority to contact, the following links to Citizens Advice and Derbyshire Trading Standards will be helpful.

For reference, IMR provides the following physical address at the end of their emails IMR ACOUSTICS, Suite 2B North Mill, Derbyshire, United Kingdom. This address is shared with Hyphen Creative - https://hyphencreative.co.uk/contact-us/

I really hope everyone who has outstanding orders gets the result they want very quickly.

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #16,324 of 18,526
This is actually a very interesting observation. A few Titans was basically all they produced for the entire year of 2023. I guess that's why I thought they would actually deliver on the Enigma. But it doesn't look like it.

I was really hoping Paggio would get his Enigma and it would be an indication of good things to come for the rest of us waiting for ours. But it looks like Bob pulled the old bait-and-switch. As much as I hate to say it, a refund might be in the cards for me as well. The Enigma looks to be going in the same direction as Event Horizon. The lure of the AMT driver was enough to hook people on the Enigma, but it looks like it will never see the light of day.
My thoughts exactly.
I have a feeling some.one else is running the company and there is no audio engineer to create and design anything new.
Some one running IMR in Bobs name ?

If Bob is as talented as everyone claims , how come he designed nothing all year ?
Was it a 0 output year for Bob ?

IMR is dead. I don't get any reply from Bob since 30/11/23. I already placed a formal complaint to PayPal. I also sent an email to Bob asking for a full reimbursement.
I missed this message. I agree it's dead. Will have to figure out how to place a complaint with the bank.

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #16,325 of 18,526
My thoughts exactly.
I have a feeling some.one else is running the company and there is no audio engineer to create and design anything new.
Some one running IMR in Bobs name ?

If Bob is as talented as everyone claims , how come he designed nothing all year ?
Was it a 0 output year for Bob ?
With an experience of dealing with him since his Trinity days, I can assure you it is no other than Bob. Each email response and update and then lies to cover-up is 100% in-line with Bob's modus operandi.
I don't know what he has created in last one year, but whatever BS is being feed to us, it is him.

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #16,326 of 18,526
Jan 15, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #16,327 of 18,526
With an experience of dealing with him since his Trinity days, I can assure you it is no other than Bob. Each email response and update and then lies to cover-up is 100% in-line with Bob's modus operandi.
I don't know what he has created in last one year, but whatever BS is being feed to us, it is him.
I see so we know it's Bob atleast

But what about the upcoming DAC and DAP? Surely those will ship!
I have a feeling these will ship.
These will be 20 usd dacs selling at 250 usd and made in china.
Easy money.

I wrote a letter to Bob again, I’ll wait to see if he answers or not.

I'll wait until Paggio's story ends to see if he gets the Enigma. I hope he gets it.
Thank you. Let us know if you hear back from IMR.

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #16,328 of 18,526

Looks like IMR no longer exists
They have manufactured nothing all year.
Not a single customer has received an iem from them.
Maybe 25 Titans went out in 2022-2023.
Am I the only one who's thinking this ?
I am asking for a refund tomorrow.
Titan, Seraph and Seraph+ were build and delivered last year.

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #16,329 of 18,526

True - Seraph is another good example of the fact that when they DO deliver, the IEMs are very very good. I waited and bagged one "in stock" from eBay, and I'm glad I did.

Whatever happens next, if IMR do manage to continue on, I think only a fool would ever contemplate preordering from them or anyone associated to Bob again.

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #16,330 of 18,526
I bought my Seraph in April used from eBay.
Which means it might have been manufactured 2023 beginning.
So it's been a year already since Seraph was made.
I am not sure about Titan and Seraph + timelines and their numbers.
But output from IMR has been poor at best in 2023.
In Which month in 2023 , did the last customer receive an IMR iem ?
August , September ?

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #16,331 of 18,526
Titan was delivered in June 2023.

Jan 15, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #16,332 of 18,526
For those looking for a pattern, Bob has been involved in three audio companies: Rockjaw,, Trinity Audio and IMR.

All three tried to launch an over ear towards the end of their lifetime (Rockjaw crowdfunded an open / closed back swappable model called the Vario, Trinity had a similar swappable model called the Phantom I believe).

All three companies have failed to produce a headphone to date, with the Rockjaw and Trinity products both being refunded due to the complexity of manufacturer and unexpected extra costs., which are apparently a lot higher than IEM making (cost of moulds etc).

Might ask be a complete coincidence, but it appears like the over ear headphone is Moby Dick to Bob's Captain Ahab, or like Roy McAvoy trying to sink that final shot in Tin Cup:

Jan 15, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #16,333 of 18,526
For those looking for a pattern, Bob has been involved in three audio companies: Rockjaw,, Trinity Audio and IMR.

All three tried to launch an over ear towards the end of their lifetime (Rockjaw crowdfunded an open / closed back swappable model called the Vario, Trinity had a similar swappable model called the Phantom I believe).

All three companies have failed to produce a headphone to date, with the Rockjaw and Trinity products both being refunded due to the complexity of manufacturer and unexpected extra costs., which are apparently a lot higher than IEM making (cost of moulds etc).

Might ask be a complete coincidence, but it appears like the over ear headphone is Moby Dick to Bob's Captain Ahab, or like Roy McAvoy trying to sink that final shot in Tin Cup:

I don't recall Rock Jaw crowdfuned for any open/close headphones. But Trinty Audio (same owner) did VARIO model Kickstarter. It was cancelled after collecting around 25% of the pledged 100K. Don't know if money was ever refunded.

Jan 15, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #16,334 of 18,526
Hate to say it, but ... is anyone surprised? :frowning2:
I kind of still was. I mean after all the BS it still surprised me that Bob would send a "gift", specifically tell @paggio that he is sending enigma and do that. It makes absolutely no sense to me. It feels pathological. Why would you do it? What's the point? The only result is pissing off an already pissed off customer even more. Where is the benefit?

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #16,335 of 18,526
I kind of still was. I mean after all the BS it still surprising for me that Bob would send a "gift" specifically tell @paggio that he is sending enigma and do that. It makes absolutely no sense to me. It feels pathological. Why would you do it? What's the point? The only result is pissing off an already pissed of customer even more. Where is the benefit?
Yes, there is no logic, no understandable reason behind it.

I don't like to label people, such as calling Bob a liar, but what else can you say? I think he's so deep in the lies now that the things he says are laughable. No fun for us customers, and it shreds whatever atoms of trust might still exist, but it's like a bad comedy routine. "Oh yes, that one was lost in the mail. Like all the others. Darn Royal Mail, when will they learn?"

Sad and unfortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back