Impulse purchase! Nooo!
Sep 1, 2005 at 5:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

yorkie

100+ Head-Fier
I thought I was off my habit of visiting head-fi and getting insatiable urges to buy audio gear, but after one recent visit (my first in two months) I ended up splurging 200$.

I bought a 1GB ipod shuffle and Shure E2Cs to listen to while I run. I always run on a track so sound isolation isn't a major issue.

As soon as I clicked "confirm this purchase" I was hit by waves of audio doubt. To justify this purchase decision I need your opinions... did I do the right thing?

Sep 1, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #2 of 8
Yes yes, nothing wrong in having a portable setup. Just dont run over any cars while listening the waves
icon10.gif

Sep 1, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #3 of 8
Have you run in canalphones before? Some people might be bothered by the increased awareness of your footsteps and breathing since you're isolated. It doesn't really bother me, but I like to work out/run in ksc75's. If isolation isn't important, I think it's a good idea to pick a pair of these up.

I think the e2c's are a fine purchase, but either way I think you should get the koss's too; they are cheap enough to just add and I think they are useful and sound good.

Sep 1, 2005 at 5:31 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
Have you run in canalphones before? Some people might be bothered by the increased awareness of your footsteps and breathing since you're isolated. It doesn't really bother me, but I like to work out/run in ksc75's. If isolation isn't important, I think it's a good idea to pick a pair of these up.

I think the e2c's are a fine purchase, but either way I think you should get the koss's too; they are cheap enough to just add and I think they are useful and sound good.

I don't mind the isolation effects at all, I do have some limited experience with canalphones.

BTW Which Koss phones are you talking about? I've been out of the loop lately.

Sep 1, 2005 at 7:17 AM Post #6 of 8
you could have done much worse IMHO.

I like my e2c's and see no need to ascend up the canalphone ladder when these will do just fine when I need $60 isolation.

amp em and they take on a different character.
Mod them to bring out the treble and upper mids. Bass seems to be more
"airy" too.

YES there IS treble in there, you just need to amp and mod it to get it out.

Garrett

Sep 1, 2005 at 11:09 AM Post #7 of 8
Maybe this might make you feel better:

Realistically, most of my listening is done via my ipod and a pair of Sony EX 71 pseudo-canalphones, and not my $$ HR-7 + HD600 + etc., home rig. This is because, I spend most my waking hours away from home (working, at gym, hanging out, etc.).

So, this could actually be your most sensible purchase.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back