Improving classic sound...
Sep 10, 2007 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

WindowsX

Member of the Trade: Fidelizer Audio
As you guys know that iPod Classic lacks driving power compared to older generations, what if we make dock that has good pre buffer output and send to caps before out to mini or rca? I think this should help iPod Classic sounds better with battery-powered dock.

Sep 10, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #2 of 5
The level of the line out is reduced to .75 volts - but the headphone out on the classic has MORE driving power on HD600's.

Sep 10, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #3 of 5
However, who'll use headphone out for output to amplifier?

Sep 10, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #4 of 5
just use a better amp. that would help, right? meanwhile, if you really want that top notch SQ, get an iMod instead. or do an iMod of ur on on the 6th gen. and if you succeed, we're all happy to hear that
wink.gif

Sep 10, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by WindowsX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As you guys know that iPod Classic lacks driving power compared to older generations, what if we make dock that has good pre buffer output and send to caps before out to mini or rca? I think this should help iPod Classic sounds better with battery-powered dock.

I don't think adding a buffer stage with caps is going to make it sound better. It might make it louder but any external amp will manage that on it's own anyway. My Supermacro IV certainly doesn't lack driving power with the Classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back