Improvement over Koss KSC75 and Sennheiser PX100?
May 8, 2008 at 3:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

GarageBoy

100+ Head-Fier
I want to get full size upgrades to my KSC75s and my PX100s, preferably one that doesn't use that foam pad. (I don't mind the grado bowls)

Any suggestions for under $100? I prefer something well balanced, audio wise, akin to Sennheiser HD600s (can't pull that off right now, broke college kid here)

May 8, 2008 at 8:36 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you using an amp?

sometimes yes, sometimes no! i've got my Roland RH30's listening to go west, through my iMac, with no amp.

May 9, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #7 of 7
You can probably find the hd555 for less than $100 if you look around. As for the headphones themselves, they sound good for the price and are really comfortable. If you play games or watch movies as much as you listen to music, then the hd555 are a good choice.

I also have the MS-1s, and they sound like a bigger, upgraded version of the ksc75s.

What kind of music do you listen to? If you listen to rock, metal or borderline techno (trip-hop) then the Alessandros are right for you but the comfort could take some getting used to. The Sennheisers are good with all types of music, but they sound amazing with acoustic/live and classical. Although, I think both headphones are good with any type of music, the above are just the ones that they seem to excel in.

I own both and for the time being, are enough to keep me from upgrading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back