Improve my Cypher labs SOLO -dB by Change the cable
Jan 11, 2013 at 6:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Noykrub

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

Now I got the Solo -dB. It's come with stock 30pin to mini USB cable. (connect from iPod classic to SOLO -db)

I focus only 30pin to Mini USB cable.

Questions:
1. How about the sound quality of stock cable ? [ When compare with high-end cable (ALO, Whiplash Audio,..)]
2. If I want to improve the sound quality by change this cable. Which model do you recommend to me ? Which one is perfect match for iPod Classic 7th Gen 160GB <---> SOLO -dB ?

Thanks for everyone here to help me. ^^

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #2 of 7
I just Bought micro USB B to Lod from Moon audio for use my iPhone 4 S to my Class -dB

SQ Moon audio has better tonal balance , it is better In term clarity and detail , bass quality is better too .

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
I just Bought micro USB B to Lod from Moon audio for use my iPhone 4 S to my Class -dB

SQ Moon audio has better tonal balance , it is better In term clarity and detail , bass quality is better too .

Hi rudi0504, Thank you so much.

If anyone know more. Please suggest to me. Thanks :)

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #4 of 7
How about the cable from ALO audio (link below)
http://www.aloaudio.com/sxc-24-30-pin-to-usb-mini-a-en

ALO (SXC 24 30pin to USB mini A)  VS  MOON audio cable  --> Which one is better ?

Suggest me please ... I have very low experience in cable

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #5 of 7
I say save your money, the signal leaving your iDevices is digital, the distance they travel is so small that there is no digital degrading. As long as your cable is fine and there is no loss of O or I there is no point spending all this money just to send digital signal to your DAC! 

If you are looking for low-profile cable they are great, do not be expecting any sonic improvement. 

Feb 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #6 of 7
Ah.  But I've actually tried aftermarket USB cables with the Solo -dB and have heard substantial improvements in sound quality.  I've used a number of AudioQuest USB cables (Cinnamon and higher) with the Solo -dB, and IMO all provided noticeable improvements in transparency over the cables that came with the Solo.

You can believe it's just 1's and 0's.  Or you can try aftermarkets and find out for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back