Impressions Please!!! - Dell Streak 5" Smartphone/Tablet
Jun 5, 2010 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Spike8585

New Head-Fier
I am excited for the North American debut of the Dell Streak sometime next month.  So far it was just released yesterday in the UK on O2.
I really wonder how this thing will sound paired up with an amp.
There is a dock available with line out and HDMI, through the proprietary docking connector (thats looks very simular to the iPod/iPhone Port).
I am hoping that this means that you can build a portable line out dock connector, like I have for my iPhone.

Can any UK Head-Fi members that are lucky enough to own this "revolutionary and magical" device (sorry Steve Jobs 
wink_face.gif
 ), chime in and post pics and reviews on the Dell Streak?
Especially about the sound quality, outputting to some quality amps and phones?

Thanks!

Jun 5, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 35
I love this device, and I'm hoping to get 1 when it's released here in the USA,..................but to use this monster w/an am on the go? No way, not a good portable source IMO, no matter how good it sounds. As I've said, IMO - YMMV.

Jun 5, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #3 of 35
It just got released on Friday here in the UK and I do not even know whether it can be bought anywhere else, so it will take some time before people will post any impressions.

Jun 5, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #4 of 35

Quote:
I love this device, and I'm hoping to get 1 when it's released here in the USA,..................but to use this monster w/an am on the go? No way, not a good portable source IMO, no matter how good it sounds. As I've said, IMO - YMMV.

Well, I don't intend to use it as a primary audio device, as I have an S:flo2 in the mail.  But this would be great for watching videos while on the bus or train, and if I didn't want to carry around an S:flo2, microamp, HD-650's and a streak at a particular moment.

Jun 6, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #5 of 35
i dont have but am very interested, it is a bit expensive but mostly ive heard nothing about os updates.  dell, you need to promise it will get android update and quickly then ill consider getting one before that i want.  frankly as it stands the only android phone id buy are google anointed ones (ie the nexus one) as my current one is officially still stuck on android 1.5, 2 was due months ago then they decided just to go to 2.1.  march april may june and still nothing.

dell its stunning looking hardware but hardware is useless without software.  there is a reason i dont have an x10 already, 1.6 i dont think so.

but oh god that screen

Jun 6, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #6 of 35
phones suck for music the phone part of it wastes battery and the bigger screen is gonna suck down battery. Cowon j3 = 64 hours battery life music this thing will probly be lucky if you get 8.

Jun 6, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #7 of 35
Reviews of the device showed impressive battery life for the size and spec,was able to get 12hrs of continuous use. My concern is the audio quality. If this has decent sound then im all for it, but as of now, im betting with the samsun gti9000 galaxy s.

Jun 9, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #9 of 35
Does it support t-mobile 3g in the U.S.?

And if its upgraded to 2.2 can it support contact photos? (in 1.6 i've read you can't set photos for contacts)

Jun 9, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #10 of 35
Im just learning about android now, as I am an iPhone user, currently, but somebody has 'rooted' the streak.  
I am guessing that that is akin to 'jailbreaking' and iPhone.  
I'm sure after that, you can do anything to it, and customize it as you please.

Heres the link to the article. 

Jun 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #11 of 35
Here's a review from cnet.co.uk: http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,39030107,49305844,00.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back