Impressions on UR40
Oct 3, 2005 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

South_Korean

1000+ Head-Fier
got these from BowerR64. these are as good as people say they are. i love using these to watch movies..... and i know how i made a thread appreciating the MDR-XD400's, but im using these more than them now...phooey. i love the open + circumaural design. even though they are open they dont leak a huge amount of sound but could still annoy people. when i amped, i feel as if the sound stage is wider. this is also using Catachresis' Synchestra RCA's as IC's. in the song, Warriors part 2, by Lloyd banks, the bullet casings that fall to the ground making the beat actually sound as if they are "down there" and not next to my head. pretty cool and scary kind of. i just need to get some more RCA's to finally use my Pyramid Equalizer.

I could go forever wearing these things. they are so comfortable. not too clamped and not too loose. the cord comming from both cups is kind of annoying because it gets caught on stuff but its tolerable. the cord is also very short. i pulled my stuff off the desk one time when i turned around to get something across the room... something i was used to doing with my Sony's.

the foldable design is used much, i keep it unfolded and hanging from the side of my moniter.

they are a tad more forward than the senns, which is what i needed in the sound. they JUST fit my big head lol. i have the two greatest headphones (well to me). i guess i have an immunity to this upgrade-itus. although i think ive got infected in the portable audio forums.
tongue.gif

thanks to: BowerR64 for the headphones
Catachresis for the cables
Diredesire for hand building the amps for me

Oct 3, 2005 at 10:36 PM Post #2 of 3
Enjoy.. of all the koss full-sized cans that use that 60 Ohm driver those are my favs. Unless I need portable then its the KSC 75.

Garrett

Oct 3, 2005 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 3
well i havent tried all of them, maybe i can use "i need portable headphones now" as an excuse to get some other koss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back