Impressions from Larocco Head COde wanted
Jul 12, 2005 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Rainbird

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everybody,
I am thinking of buying a Larocco HeadCode as replacement for my Headroom Home.

Now I am looking for impressions the lucky had that were able to listen to the HeadCode before I finally buy.

Anybody here who heard the device?

Regards
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 13
EdipisReks' link has about all the information presently available about the HeadCode.

After about 2 weeks of ownership, there are three additional things you ought to know:

1. The HeadCode delivers detail to an extent I've not ever experienced. I cannot tell you the number of times I've been startled by musical passages that had never been previously revealed. What a pleasure it has been rediscovering my musical collection! Just to provide a point of reference, I have owned the Corda HA1 Mk II, Supermacro and Benchmark's internal amp.

2. While it seems sometimes that I am on a relentless search to upgrade headphones, sources, etc., I've nearly stopped visiting the amplifier section of head-fi altogether as I am confident that the HeadCode has catapulted me to the summit.

3. The service and support provided by Larry and Phil has been nothing short of amazing. They have been extraordinarily patient with my endless questions and quick to respond to my emails.

Jul 12, 2005 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 13
I think only 3-4 Headcodes have been shipped so there won't be too many impressions as of now. You can wait for some meet impressions to trickle in. For example the Seattle meet should be interesting with Singlepower and Headroom attending. Considering your Headroom Home this might be interesting. Xtreme who's hosting the meet will most likely have a maxxed out Headcode by then.

Jul 12, 2005 at 11:11 PM Post #5 of 13
The link is not working anymore, was it removed???
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Jul 12, 2005 at 11:54 PM Post #7 of 13
My question is bahamaman, is the link working or not? I know what a Code is, I'm in close touch with Sergio and Phil, I have most of the technical info on that amp as well, and I'm aware of the last progress and the quality of the sound of this magnificnet amp, BTW I' seriously considering ot go for one (just waiting for Larry and Phil to settle down in Oregon) But maybe is a setting I have wrong, but I can navigate all the links in the second one with no problems. But IMO there is something wrong on the first one...

Jul 12, 2005 at 11:57 PM Post #8 of 13
It's probably just a cleared cache or something like that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 12, 2005 at 11:57 PM Post #9 of 13
sovkiller - Indeed, the first link is dead. I believe that the threads listed in my post are the same ones as appeared in EdipisReks' post.

Jul 13, 2005 at 6:51 AM Post #11 of 13
Bahamaman,
could you just give me an impression which size your Head Code has (with and without knob). This is important to me as I only have 35cm to place the wide side of the amp.

Many thanks

Jul 13, 2005 at 4:23 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbird
Bahamaman,
could you just give me an impression which size your Head Code has (with and without knob). This is important to me as I only have 35cm to place the wide side of the amp.

Many thanks

It measures, 15" (depth), 15" (width) and 2.25" (height). To the depth, add .75" for the volume control.

Hope this helps!

Jul 13, 2005 at 4:59 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman
It measures, 15" (depth), 15" (width) and 2.25" (height). To the depth, add .75" for the volume control.

Hope this helps!

Yes much, but unfortunately in a way I do not like very much... Well the device just is to big in debth. It will not fit were it shall go to....Sh.....
Now I have to see how to proceed

Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back