Impressions | aune AR5000 full-size over-ear open headphones with MLD driver, now available.
Jan 11, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #49 of 116
anyone try compare this ar5000 to EDXS?

own edxs, like the stock sound especially the soundstage & clarity , but wish the vocal a bit more forwards, but unfortunately the fitting so bad for me (that headband so uncomfortable)

so will ar5k better option for me? i saw post that said the fitting is really nice also its quite light too

Jan 11, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #50 of 116
Hi,

It seems in that price bracket, there are two serious contenders : one would be this AUNE AR5000 ; the other would be the MOONDROP Para.
Same price for both here in France.

If I look at the measures from Oratory, one gets stellar marks (the Monndrop Para) the other one get's decent marks (the AUNE ar5000 obviously) but if I look at the FR I may like the ar5000 better...

Scope would be to be able to use them WITHOUT EQ, from a reader that has a "warm full body" signature.

Maybe I'll get both and decide which one to keep...

Jan 13, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #51 of 116
Hi,

It seems in that price bracket, there are two serious contenders : one would be this AUNE AR5000 ; the other would be the MOONDROP Para.
Same price for both here in France.

If I look at the measures from Oratory, one gets stellar marks (the Monndrop Para) the other one get's decent marks (the AUNE ar5000 obviously) but if I look at the FR I may like the ar5000 better...

Scope would be to be able to use them WITHOUT EQ, from a reader that has a "warm full body" signature.

Maybe I'll get both and decide which one to keep...
The amps and DACs also color the sound so they can be considered passive EQ. You need all of those for good sounds.
Trying to do planar cans without EQ is like trying to walk on a sprained ankle. Sure you can walk, but it won’t be pretty.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 10:08 PM Post #52 of 116
The amps and DACs also color the sound so they can be considered passive EQ. You need all of those for good sounds.
Trying to do planar cans without EQ is like trying to walk on a sprained ankle. Sure you can walk, but it won’t be pretty.
there are plenty of planar cans that dont need EQ. they just take to it well in the bass due to low distortion properties. yes some lack bass and need EQ but not all.

Jan 13, 2024 at 10:16 PM Post #53 of 116
Hi,
A DAC that colors the sound ?
It must be quite a bad one does it not ?
The amp is another story. And yes there are real differences. But I have some decent one(s)...
And I already have some planars and lowering the bass is what I like in planars. My Sony mdr-z1r is too dark for my tastes :frowning2:

Jan 13, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #54 of 116
Hi,
A DAC that colors the sound ?
It must be quite a bad one does it not ?
The amp is another story. And yes there are real differences. But I have some decent one(s)...
And I already have some planars and lowering the bass is what I like in planars. My Sony mdr-z1r is too dark for my tastes :frowning2:
DACs do have different flavors as well though in a lesser level than Amps.

Take Schiit flagship DAC, Yggdrasil. Technically their latest one is the best in all measurements with very very low distortions even at very high frequencies. It is on the level of multikilo bucks DACs out there. However, their Original DAC is still considered the Best by users because the sounds are “warmer” and ironically the original DAC is also more expensive and harder to get.

Jan 13, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #55 of 116
DACs do have different flavors as well though in a lesser level than Amps.

Take Schiit flagship DAC, Yggdrasil. Technically their latest one is the best in all measurements with very very low distortions even at very high frequencies. It is on the level of multikilo bucks DACs out there. However, their Original DAC is still considered the Best by users because the sounds are “warmer” and ironically the original DAC is also more expensive and harder to get.
Hi,
If you say so.
Me, I admit that I have some problems telling DACs apart. There may be differences but to my ears they are pretty subtle.
Then again, I may have bad ears at my old age 😥😏

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #56 of 116
Hi,
If you say so.
Me, I admit that I have some problems telling DACs apart. There may be differences but to my ears they are pretty subtle.
Then again, I may have bad ears at my old age 😥😏
Yeah most difference between dacs especially if not quickly A/B d is placebo. Although there are some like r2r that change the sound a bit. It should be the last thing on any audiophiles list especially not as a tone control . Anyways don’t want to derail this thread.

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:33 AM Post #57 of 116
Now we wait for the impressions and comparisons with other planars of the same class.

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:20 PM Post #59 of 116
I bought the AR5000 for $230 on AliExpress. It took about 20 more days to arrive in Brazil. Do you have any new impressions regarding the sound and comparisons with other headphones in the same price range?

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #60 of 116
I bought the AR5000 for $230 on AliExpress. It took about 20 more days to arrive in Brazil. Do you have any new impressions regarding the sound and comparisons with other headphones in the same price range?
Superb price
If you're sending it to Europe you have to pay shipping and vat and that makes it cost 320€ when you can have it from regular size for 299€
Ali is dead in Europe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back