Impressions | aune AR5000 full-size over-ear open headphones with MLD driver, now available.
Dec 29, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #31 of 116
Comparisons with the usual options will be very welcome.

HD600.
Ibasso SR2/SR3.
Hifiman XS Planar but in the same price range, why not? :beerchug:
i have extensive time with the XS, and it is a better headphone with a better sound stage. however it is not as natural souding and is a bit thin in comparison. but more detailed. the aune is more mid bass and mids focused and sounds more natural and has equally as interesting but not as wide stage. its also lighter and more comfortable and easier to drive. id say they both compete in the same realm depending on taste.

Dec 30, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #32 of 116
i have extensive time with the XS, and it is a better headphone with a better sound stage. however it is not as natural souding and is a bit thin in comparison. but more detailed. the aune is more mid bass and mids focused and sounds more natural and has equally as interesting but not as wide stage. its also lighter and more comfortable and easier to drive. id say they both compete in the same realm depending on taste.
XS and AR5000 share 3.5mm cables on the headset?
I have XLR and 4.4mm cables here that I use on the Hifiman, if it works on the AR500 it would be good D+.

Dec 31, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #35 of 116
Any possibility of testing together with the new balanced fiio K9 AKM?

I'm waiting for my K9 AKM, I hope it won't be blocked from inspection in my country.

My next purchase will be this headphone and take advantage of my Hifiman R9 balanced cables.
Maybe yes, still waiting for the K9 AKM.

Jan 3, 2024 at 6:44 AM Post #40 of 116
Had tried this Aune several time since last month. Definitely a great addition in today's 300 bucks headphones. Overall balance tonality with airy, clean sparkle treble, natural and "open" midrange, with tight bass. Female voice and string sound sublime, sweet, smooth, lot of detail inside. Airiness help the soundstage become spacious but not overdone in any way (overall presentation still cohesive).

My long time favourite in this price range is Hifiman Sundara. In comparison, Sundara has a bit darker and less airy presentation than AR5000, with wider soundstage and a bit thicker male voice. Aune is more lively, Sundara is a bit more relax. Both headphones use different type of drivers, and I think complement each other well.

Jan 6, 2024 at 2:22 PM Post #41 of 116
i will add this after a week or so. I normally dont believe in break in for speakers, however i do think dynamic drivers the bigger they are the more break in they have. These really got better after a week of heavy use. yes some of that is brain break in but its worth noting with these. my planars did not do this as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back