Impressions | aune AR5000 Full-Size Open Headphones with MLD Driver
Jan 21, 2024 at 8:00 AM Post #166 of 181
Just unboxed mine, first impressions definitely positive.
1000085037.jpg

1000085028.jpg

1000085040.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 9:48 PM Post #171 of 181
I'm seriously digging the look of these. How's the clamp force? Snug, loose, or just right? Super curious how these might compare to my favorite, reasonably affordable dynamic, the Ibasso SR2. Are the cup connections 3.5mm?

Feb 29, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #172 of 181
#share impression / mini review of Aune AR5000

For the specs skip it, just googling 😃
But clearly the driver is Dynamic type, 28 ohm impedence with Sensitivity 108dB, YES! Easy To Drive.

Build Quality Feels solid, metal material not Plastic, Design is also good-looking, with a pink grail filter, unique!

The fittings for my head personally feel very comfortable, the headphones are light, the clamping is not too strong, the pads are also soft but not too soft, listening for quite a long time changing head sources don't complain of pain, also not hot in the ear area ...

For Sound Quality I used 3 devices:
● Fiio Q15
● iBasso DC06 Pro
● And Fiio Q11

But mainly and what I will explain is the impression of using Fiio Q15, but still later I will give a comparison of the impression with 2 other dac amps.

The Aune AR5000's Sound Signature is neutral to warm with highs that are quite energetic and have spark, so it sounds textured, thankfully not very extended highs. For the timbre, the Aune AR5000 also sounds very natural, the high colloration still sounds natural even though it's energetic.

The highs in quantity are typical of neutrals, in quality they are smooth and airy, the texture can be heard without feeling grainy.

Neutral mids are quite thick, not really thick, not really warm, just right, vocals feel solidly focused, it's really good to hear vocals in these headphones, besides that the sound of instruments also sounds natural.

For the bass, it's really the typical bass that I really like, agile and detailed, not boomy but very clear every bass sound, in quantity it's at a neutral level, not big but also not lacking.

In the technicality that feels special in terms of separation, really clear between the instrument sounds, well separated, clear pin point location of the instrument / each sound, the depth is also fairly good, feels spacious, only if the width of the soundstage is not very wide, but also not narrow, the comparison compared to the HD600 feels wider this AR5000. The micro detail is also good, the small details sound quite solid.

● Listening to ibasso DC06 pro compared to Q15, the technicality is significantly different, not as "Spacious" as Q15, the sound signature also sounds significantly warmer and the bass increases slightly.

● Listening to the Q11 compared to the Q15, the technicality has also decreased but still feels a little spacious, still feels the depth imaging, the sound signature is a little warmer, tonally I actually like the tonal when plugged into this Q11, if this sound with the technicality of the Q15 is really good.

This short impression was written using a unit from Beyond The Music (BTM), one of the high end audio stores in Indonesia.

So I personally hope to win one of them to be my personal main headphone.

Always success for Aune. I hope aune makes headphones like this again but with a more affordable price. Thank you

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1706728940708.jpg
    FB_IMG_1706728940708.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1706728929650.jpg
    FB_IMG_1706728929650.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #175 of 181
Ooook thanks everyone... couldn't resist for this price and the initial reviews here and on YT, so I just ordered one. Its proclaimed tuning, the easy driveability, and also the built quality seem to be a no brainer for 300 bucks... I wanna hear it in person, so lets put it to the test, the wait begins.

Apr 11, 2024 at 4:13 AM Post #177 of 181
Just found a funny but informative review on YT from Z Reviews:

Imo, Z makes the worst reviews of all these popular reviewers out there. There is often wrong information, barely any valuable sonic descriptions or technical data and he often either hypes a product to death or outright hates it. Nothing of value for me in any of his videos.

Apr 11, 2024 at 4:24 AM Post #178 of 181
I know there are others like iiWi, The Honest Audiophile, Soundnews,.. But what I found interesting with Z Reviews was, that he confirmed that a burn-in seems to be very beneficial for these MLD drivers because I think at least one other reviewer said that before... and mea culpa, I didn't know this Z guy before, oops. But thanks for your info!

Apr 11, 2024 at 4:25 AM Post #179 of 181
I know there are others like iiWi, The Honest Audiophile, Soundnews,.. But what I found interesting with Z Reviews was, that he seemed to confirm that a burn-in seems to be very beneficial for these MLD drivers because I think at least one other reviewer said that before... and mea culpa, I didn't know this Z guy before, oops. But thanks for your info!
Make your own opinion, of course, check some more of his videos. This is just my view on him.

Apr 16, 2024 at 3:49 AM Post #180 of 181
I finally got them a few days ago and wanted to give my "quick and dirty" first impressions. Take these with a grain of salt since I don't have a good source to hook up to the AR5000 at the moment (buying a new midrange DAP in the next days, either the iBasso DX260 or the FiiO M23 i guess). Now I only have my old but still beloved iBasso DX90 with the AR5000 stock cable, lol. You know, I'm just getting into the rabbit hole again in upgrading everything I have in the coming months, including my room setup too, and not only the portable chain.
I might give a much more up to date impression a bit later when I have a new DAP, and sorry that I can't do a better job here right now.

Be aware, I only have about 80h into the AR5000 and out of the box it sounded already very detailed and open to me, with a bit more emphasis on the upper mids and highs, but this was expected, as at least two reviewers were mentioning this in the out of the box condition. This will improve significantly when you're 200+ hours in they said and only with my 80+ hours so far, I might already see that claim to come true. Don't get me wrong, the mid-bass is already quite fun and has good precision. Sub-bass is clearly there and I'm happy about that, but is still a bit overshadowed by the higher frequencies at the moment. These are not for bass-heads obviously (which is, generally speaking, an oxymoron when we talk about open backs), but I truly dig the representation of the lows in these cans. I don't know, but I tend to classify the AR5000 in the beginning a bit V shaped with a slight emphasis on upper-mids and highs and therefore it has an "analytical potential" with a well defined complementary support from the lows.

Again, at present, I found that with certain genres they are putting a smile on my face, e.g. everything acoustic, Folk, Singer Songwriter, Jazz, Classic, female vocals shine (obviously). With more "busy" genres like Metal (love me some TOOL^^) or EDM, I am not super happy, therefore I prefer my "bass-head" IEMs. Generally, they give me the impression that they are a bit picky with recording quality (which I interpret as a good thing actually).

But one thing I can clearly say about these, the wearing comfort is truly awesome. I have an average sized head with 58cm circumference and they sit well. No issues at all wearing them for hours on end and the clamping force is just right IMO. Headband rest is very very good, and I'm really picky when it comes to that. So, I can honestly confirm what reviewers said about the comfort of these cans.

EDIT: One more thing > the drivability is really good, even with my old DX90, I have no problem. This device has three gain settings and the middle one seems to drive the AR5000 already quite sufficiently. I prefer the high setting, which is roughly 280mW @28Ohms with the given 2.8Vrms(High Gain) by iBasso (they originally didn't specify the output power in the specs).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back