[Impression] Über Muzik Tiny Tube DAC
Apr 5, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #47 of 48
i say replace all the caps? :D
i'm tube rolling now but can't discern any diff from the sound. using it as hpa. will check if it affects the dac.

What would replacing the caps do? Isn't the tube that was included rather expensive and quite good? Isn't the tube amp part of ss (solid state) sounding? I can't seem to find much info online and wonder if this is still a top value for the sub $200 category? Is this asynchronous when using USB from PC? Can this be used with Android/otg/USB in a similar way like PC? The dac is limited to 24/96 can this be replaced with a higher end of op amp with higher features (IE 24/192)? Anyone have any DIY upgrade ideas?

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #48 of 48
Also what is the differences in audio quality between different inputs. The reason I ask is I have two very nice cords. A thick monster aux cable, thx THX 3.5" to rca cable, and a stock USB cable that came with the unit. Should I swap that out with a gold plated USB cord that had one of those "barrels" on it? Isn't that some kind of emi filter? Would I get the best sound quality by using my cell phone with USB OTG out to (suggestions) IE rca, 3.5, etc? Is it true that hooking up to only one of the rca inputs is considered an optical connection and can pass 2-channel high quality sound? Thank you for helping this noob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back