Importing the LG V10 into Australia.
Dec 29, 2015 at 8:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Howva

New Head-Fier
Hi, has anyone in Australia had success with importing the V10 specifically in Victoria? I've been seeing a bit of conflicting information (or at least I don't fully understand it) that some of the bands used by the Optus, Telstra and Vodafone are not supported by the H961N model (being the most widely availabe online). Or that the bands used in 4G are listed as supported under 2G and 3G. Will it still work with carriers here?

Just wanted to know if any other Head-Fiers have had success, it sounds like a great audiophile phone I am keen to try out.

Thank you!

Dec 30, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #4 of 7
LTE B28 700 APT wont work with Telstra as the H961N doesnt support it but it supports every other Telstra frequency.

You will still get 4G on the 2100/1800 bands so you,ll be alright.

On Optus it will work on everythig again except the LTE 700 Band. It will support 4G on 1800,2100,2300 and 2600 so pretty safe

whether you go with Telstra or Optus. I wouldnt stress too much as I run my V10 off the Voda network and its fantastic.

Dec 30, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for your reply.
I also see the H962 for sale on eBay and I think that one supports all the bands we use here. Where did you import yours from, and how do you find the size? I am currently using an Galaxy s3 so the V10 is quite a bit bigger.

Thanks

Jan 3, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #6 of 7
I bought mine from here:
http://www.eglobaldigitalcameras.com.au/product/v10?i=Y
Took me around 10 days from order placed to order delivered. 

Size-wise is slightly wider than I would have preferred but still acceptable. YMMV as I am used to phablet size having owned Note 1 and Note 3 and S3 is much smaller in comparison. Best to check out similar sized phones first if you are wary of the bigger size.

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #7 of 7
Thanks, I was looking at eglobaldigital. glad to hear your ordering was successful wasn't sure how legit they were. I think I've decided against the V10 though the size is too big I have very small hands as well.
Thanks for all your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back