Importing Sony MDR-D22SL "Eggo" worth it?
Dec 21, 2005 at 3:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Bijl

100+ Head-Fier
I'm still looking for a portable headphone, and I'm planning to get an AKG k26p, but I'm a bit worried about comfort and fragility, and then I saw these Eggo's, they're not as expensive from audiocubes as I thought they would be ($57 with shipping to Holland included, and the dollar is pretty low nowadays), and they're said to be comfortable and practical, but of course they're still more expensive then they're supposed to be.
So are these worth the price? Keep in mind the looks are also worth something
wink.gif

Dec 22, 2005 at 7:16 AM Post #3 of 6
Since the quality of D22s is universally reckoned to be nothing special and you can get cheap Eggo ripoffs in any major electronics store these days, I'd say no (but maybe yes if the cheap Eggo ripoffs thing doesn't apply in your country). I can't see a reason to import any Eggos except those which have above mass-market sound quality, the D66s and D77s.

Dec 22, 2005 at 10:48 AM Post #4 of 6
Do yourself a favour and get the D66 instead. There is no worth in importing the D22 and having to pay for the shipping as well.

Dec 22, 2005 at 4:26 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Oak
Do yourself a favour and get the D66 instead. There is no worth in importing the D22 and having to pay for the shipping as well.

A hundred dollars is a bit expensive for me.. I just want them as good and ,most important, portable 'phones. Guess I'll just get the k26p, but the thread about the newer versions being bad and stuff made me worried, but I probably wouldn't notice it anyway, I'm used to crap phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back