Importing Schiit to the UK - how much tax did you get hit with?
Mar 31, 2023 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cactus_farmer

1000+ Head-Fier
The UK Schiit dealer is pretty useless - they don't have stock of most things, and the items they do have in stock are approx 1.6x the US RRP (e.g. equivalent of $620 for a Jot 2 vs the RRP of $400). Surely, importing a $400 item you won't get billed with $220 tax?

For those who imported items to the UK - how much tax did you get hit with? Did you manage to avoid it altogether?

Apr 2, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #2 of 5
1. You can't avoid the tax buying new.
2. Yes, it's very expensive to import, I ended up paying about 1.5x the US pre-tax price after all shipping and charges. My advice is to not bother importing and buy from UK dealer or used.

Apr 2, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #3 of 5
The UK Schiit dealer is pretty useless - they don't have stock of most things, and the items they do have in stock are approx 1.6x the US RRP (e.g. equivalent of $620 for a Jot 2 vs the RRP of $400). Surely, importing a $400 item you won't get billed with $220 tax?

For those who imported items to the UK - how much tax did you get hit with? Did you manage to avoid it altogether?
Tax is 20%.

In fairness to the UK guy, it isn't him, it's Schiit. He lives down the road from me and we've spoken a few times. Schiit just don't send him stock. I have no idea why he doesn't just stop.

Apr 6, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #5 of 5
Why? I have never heard any Schiit dacs and amps sound as good as my Ifi Zen signature stack. All Schiit sound flat and compressed to my ears (included the its recent gears such as Jot 2, Lyr 3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back