Importance of cables
Aug 26, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #33 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about this one...

"Get a 5 dollar cable and a 500 dollar cable and i am sure you'll hear quite a difference, that is if your system is not a boombox."

Great advice, huh?

Holy lack of context, Batman!

That was obviously an attempt to make a general point, not a specific recommendation to the OP. Read the whole thread.

Aug 26, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #34 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i thought these useless arguments would end with the opening of the new forum. i guess nothing really changes.

Wow, I hadn't even noticed that the new forum was up. When did it start?

Aug 26, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #35 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shingetsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I'm Still fairly new to the hifi and headfi scene and wanted some good opinions based on the idea of high quality cables.

As it stands im waiting for my amp to come in and i realized that i need "RCA to Something, probably 1/8" " cables.

This will be plugged into my sound card on my computer.

I was browsing on Moon-audio and i couldnt believe that some of these cables cost more than my whole setup.

Is there a noticeable change in Sound Quality, As far as clairty, bass, and midrange sound, when using high quality cables?

Thanks again.

While I can hear clear differences between cables (Interconnect and power), IMO you only NEED quality cable of ~$30/0.5M pair (for interconnect) so the cables themselves do not become the bottleneck of your system. That, if not for clear sonic improvement, at least for peace of mind.

Aug 26, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #36 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you email Blue Jeans, they can give you a price for rca to 1/8". They sell some cables that are not on their site. You can also buy the cable you are looking for at Best Buy. I believe it is the Acoustic Research brand.

Also there is this cable, which is a Head-Fi sponser

Straight Wire Musicable Mini to RCA 0.5M @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

Thank You, for your post Sir!

Thank you every one else as well. Did not mean for this to be a debate, more or less everyones short opinion.

Guess i gotta test this stuff out my self, need to find some people who have expensive cables and try them out before i buy. lol

Aug 26, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #37 of 47
Quote:

Thank you every one else as well. Did not mean for this to be a debate, more or less everyones short opinion.

Guess i gotta test this stuff out my self, need to find some people who have expensive cables and try them out before i buy. lol

Music Direct has an awesome 30 day "No questions asked" policy that I can confirm is no questions asked. They've got a really good selection of cables.

Aug 26, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #38 of 47
Quote:

do double blind testing if you test out cables

Aug 27, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #40 of 47
So... does anyone know of cheap mini-to-mini interconnect cables that also look good? (like those silver ended plugs, minus the cost)

Aug 27, 2008 at 5:06 AM Post #42 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by berniebennybernard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So... does anyone know of cheap mini-to-mini interconnect cables that also look good? (like those silver ended plugs, minus the cost)

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f44/fs...harity-352581/

I thought this was a reasonable price... and looked cool as well.

Lot of people recommended his cables. But him saying that he's going to be donating all his profits for kids in Mexico was what made me choose his cord over other $30 cables in the F/S section.

Aug 27, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #43 of 47
To Shingetsu,
hmm.... Saber icon.... guess you are a fate fan

but anyway, like many people said before, cable is probably the last 10-20% of your audio set up, if you are currently planning to connect headphone directly to the sound card, i suggest you to get a good amp first.

As for vcoheda's post.
just to point it out, this forum is call

Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
which is not meant for anyone to start another DBT or "does cable makes a difference" thread.

if you want to start a similar thread, please go to "sound science" the new section of the forum that is open to such topics

Aug 27, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #45 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxbaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
reading this whole thing was pretty hilarious

Maybe for the first 1000 times it was amusing - not so much any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back