import question... would I be stepping on the wrong toes???
Jul 16, 2004 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mahkook

100+ Head-Fier
So I am checking on the possibility of getting ahold of some ASL MG-Head MK III units from Hong Kong. If I can get a good enough price after shipping that I thought I could share the everyone here, I was considering buying a few units to resell/pass along at my final cost. If I do this, am I stepping on the toes of some of our key supporters or sources that I jepordize our future with them (audio advisor, divergent, etc)? I am only talking a few units (say 6 or so), so not a full time importing job.

I hope to have a reply soon, but there apparently was a typhoon that hit there either last night or today so a short delay in info.

Obrigado!

Jul 16, 2004 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 5
Personally I doubt anyone would really mind. It's not like you are planning on bringing over 30 or 40 of them. There is a difference between a one time good deal and undercutting other businesses.

Oh and keep me up-to-date on the price etc. I may be interested.

Jul 17, 2004 at 1:01 AM Post #3 of 5
The bigger concern for buyers would be long term support. The US/N.A. distributor may refuse to service them and any QA/QC problems (a sometimes issue w/ASL) could leave the buyer up the creek.

Jul 17, 2004 at 3:49 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Swampwalker
The bigger concern for buyers would be long term support. The US/N.A. distributor may refuse to service them and any QA/QC problems (a sometimes issue w/ASL) could leave the buyer up the creek.

true.... I guess I would have to pass them on "as-is" after I give a test to possibly discover any blaightant issues to resolve immediatly with the seller. After that, it each would have to be on their own since I wouldn't be doing this for profit, just as a way of sharing. Everyone would need to be willing to take the same gamble I did in buying them in the first place. Seriously though, the issues that I have heard about the ASL products as they have evolved have gotten pretty petty.... crooked face, crooked tube sockets, loose screws, etc. fix it, or just live with it... heck, especially if the price is right. Even the minor buzz problems are usually remedied by looking inside and moving a few wires away from each other. Nothing any half confident head-fi'er couldn't do. The products are many times better now than the first generations.

anyhow, when I get some more info, I will let others know.... and if anyone else wants in, I will always try to help out. those who take the biggest risk either wind up with the best returns, or a battle wound to show for it. Never risk more than you are willing to loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back