Impendence dependence?
Jan 14, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #17 of 20
Don't know enough about the Touch, but I expect it will still power the K81 easily.

Jan 14, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The AKG website says "Sensitivity (dB/mW, dB/V*)" for its headphones these days. What "V*" means I don't know, but the K81DJ gets ample volume from my iPod, so a figure of 115 dB/mW at 32 ohms sounds like a good one to me.

I'm looking over here: K 81 DJ - Specifications
Their pdf file says the same: http://www.akg.com/mediendatenbank2/...1da7b040c4.pdf

I think the iPod Touch will do just fine in powering them. I have an iPod touch an my main gripe is, it's a bit too loud on 'default setting' (no adjust gain settings for the mp3 files and not using something a little less efficient like the RE0). Sound quality can always be better of course, but that wouldn't keep it portable.

Jan 14, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking over here: K 81 DJ - Specifications
Their pdf file says the same: http://www.akg.com/mediendatenbank2/...1da7b040c4.pdf

Well I'm rather sceptical that they haven't made an error on the professional part of the site then, as 85 dB/mW is a low sensitivity even if it's only through a 32 ohm load. Also, if you look on that PDF you'll see they list a max input power of 2,000 mW, which I find hard to believe.

Jan 14, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I'm rather sceptical that they haven't made an error on the professional part of the site then, as 85 dB/mW is a low sensitivity even if it's only through a 32 ohm load. Also, if you look on that PDF you'll see they list a max input power of 2,000 mW, which I find hard to believe.

They are advertising them for DJ use and I can imagine them to have some quite powerful headphone outputs (not talking about sound quality, just wattage).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back