Impedance and CD3000
May 16, 2004 at 9:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DRuM

500+ Head-Fier
I'm possibly buying a pair of CD3000 headphones, but I've been told the impedance won't work with my chiara amp. Quote:

"Drum, I have a couple of low independance headphones and sadly the chiara is unlistenable with them. Quite literally you cannot listen to them for more than a second as they tend to be really bright and thin. You can make some adjustments to the chiara to help (PM Mike as he has helped someone else out with this problem) but in truth I would look at getting a cheap(ish) amp that works well with low independance. I am sure they are more than a few people on here who would be able to recommend a amp that would work well with grado or the cd3000's."

I'm going to speak to pinkfloyd, meanwhile, any suggestions?

edit: An impedance adaptor has been suggested to me, to put in the headphone jack of the chiara. Good?

May 17, 2004 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRuM
I'm possibly buying a pair of CD3000 headphones, but I've been told the impedance won't work with my chiara amp. Quote:

"Drum, I have a couple of low independance headphones and sadly the chiara is unlistenable with them. Quite literally you cannot listen to them for more than a second as they tend to be really bright and thin. You can make some adjustments to the chiara to help (PM Mike as he has helped someone else out with this problem) but in truth I would look at getting a cheap(ish) amp that works well with low independance. I am sure they are more than a few people on here who would be able to recommend a amp that would work well with grado or the cd3000's."

I'm going to speak to pinkfloyd, meanwhile, any suggestions?

edit: An impedance adaptor has been suggested to me, to put in the headphone jack of the chiara. Good?

Hi DRuM,

You've got two headphone sockets on the chiarra so you could have one for 32ohm phones and leave the other as it is, it's a simple case of swapping a resistor on the Chiarra pcb.

I know that fastjack had problems with his 32ohm phones and he replaced a couple of the resistors in the Chiarra and the phones sound great now..... it would be worth your while PM'ing him to ascertain what values of resistors he used.

All the best.

Mike.

PS: The Chiarra is really best suited to headphones between 100 ohm - 800 ohm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back