Impact of vibrations?
Mar 26, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #46 of 57
Quote:
I was actually referring to post 39, not yours.
Sorry bout the misunderstanding, have a nice day.

If you meant post 36, that that's what I thought. It's just that if someone posts something like that here...where there are a lot of people reading that don't yet understand the realities of things like that...it's just a lot of disinformation.  If #36 was to be a joke, it needs to be clearly designated as such, or this will all come back and bite us.

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #47 of 57
It's not a joke but I don't have the ability to measure anything. Somebody should give it a try. It's said to reduce vibration and prevent laser light from going through a disc.

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #48 of 57
CD mats? Had to google it. Found this insanely entertaining thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/505728/cd-mat-comparison-millenium-vs-super-black-hole

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #50 of 57
If you meant post 36, that that's what I thought. It's just that if someone posts something like that here...where there are a lot of people reading that don't yet understand the realities of things like that...it's just a lot of disinformation.  If #36 was to be a joke, it needs to be clearly designated as such, or this will all come back and bite us.

It was actually timing error, by the time i got back and posted, you and other people have already posted.

Mar 27, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #52 of 57
Quote:
It's not a joke but I don't have the ability to measure anything. Somebody should give it a try. It's said to reduce vibration and prevent laser light from going through a disc

Come on, now.  You're just saying that to get a rise out of someone.  

But as long as we're on the subject, have to tried the Audio Brick yet?  Same idea, but you put the brick on top of the player.  The bricks I like are made of concentrated composite aggregate that is pre-conditioned for 22.5 hours in a unified coherent magnetic field, so the molecules are more orthogonally aligned permitting the damping of unwanted stray resonances through molecular magnetic transconductance.  Sorry, I don't understand the terms either.  

But here's the thing.  Rather than have to put a mat on the CD every time, you just place the brick once, properly oriented so it's permeable to the earth's magnetic field, and leave it alone.  You may have to adjust it's position a bit, but once it's right, it's right.  People claim it makes a big difference.  There's a hot debate in another forum about whether the brick should be positioned vertically or horizontally.  The general consensus, though still divided, is that vertical works best for audio equipment, horizontal works best for video equipment.  One poster claimed you have to use a quantity of bricks equal to a prime number with the majority oriented vertically.

So...I have a few extra ones I'm not using since I scaled down my system, if you want them.  Just pay for the packing shipping, they're yours.  You need one for each component, though, or the component without them won't be sonically balanced with the others.  Oh, and really cheap equipment may need several.  They tell me this is because less expensive gear is usually made with very thin metal cabinets, which aren't massive enough to block gamma rays.  Several layers of bricks slows gamma rays down just enough.  Frankly, a sand bag would work better but can't be adequately pre-conditioned in the unified coherent magnetic field because the grains of sand move around after conditioning, ruining their alignment. 

There's a research team testing the effects of bricks with speakers right now.  They've booked time in a large university's anechoic chamber and have assembled a large number of bricks for testing.  To maximize the brick effect, they have collected several hundred(!) in the same room at the same time.  I understand that a special scientific transport device was used to position them, which was shaped like a giant fork on the front of a small highly maneuverable vehicle.  It was expensive, so they say, and so was the specially trained driver.  He was a member of a labor union too.  Who knew?  Anyway, they have positioned the bricks in a large flat stack between the speakers and the test microphone and have recorded some startling evidence of their effect that is indisputable. 

There's also a developer in Japan who has discovered that the brick effect isn't confined to audio gear, but also has an effect when placed on the listener.  He's working on a prototype now for a head-worn brick stabilizing device with custom molded neoprene forms and active gyro-stabilization for improving wear times.  The additional mass reduces the amount of sonic bone conduction through the skull, which was just another source of audio pollution arriving at the inner ear.  His research seems to have some weight.

So, here's the deal.  You can have my extra bricks for the cost of packing and shipping.  I'm the original owner, and these are NOT the cheap ones you find on eBay.  I guarantee the bricks will have at least twice the effect of the mat.  PM me if you want the details of how to pay for the shipping.  Don't worry, I won't need them back.  I've just signed up as a beta-tester for a new product that may make the brick obsolete.  It's supposed to be an irregularly shaped mass of some sort of dense mineral material found deep underground.  Not sure what it is just yet, but I have no doubt that because of the rarity of the material alone, it's bound to have some amazing qualities as an audio device. 

And this is no joke.  I really will send bricks to whoever wants them, just for the cost of packing and shipping.  If you ask nice, I'll include a copy of the instructions.  But my offer expires April 1. 

Mar 27, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #54 of 57
I kinda want one now

Come on, now.  You're just saying that to get a rise out of someone.  

But as long as we're on the subject, have to tried the Audio Brick yet?  Same idea, but you put the brick on top of the player.  The bricks I like are made of concentrated composite aggregate that is pre-conditioned for 22.5 hours in a unified coherent magnetic field, so the molecules are more orthogonally aligned permitting the damping of unwanted stray resonances through molecular magnetic transconductance.  Sorry, I don't understand the terms either.  

But here's the thing.  Rather than have to put a mat on the CD every time, you just place the brick once, properly oriented so it's permeable to the earth's magnetic field, and leave it alone.  You may have to adjust it's position a bit, but once it's right, it's right.  People claim it makes a big difference.  There's a hot debate in another forum about whether the brick should be positioned vertically or horizontally.  The general consensus, though still divided, is that vertical works best for audio equipment, horizontal works best for video equipment.  One poster claimed you have to use a quantity of bricks equal to a prime number with the majority oriented vertically.

So...I have a few extra ones I'm not using since I scaled down my system, if you want them.  Just pay for the packing shipping, they're yours.  You need one for each component, though, or the component without them won't be sonically balanced with the others.  Oh, and really cheap equipment may need several.  They tell me this is because less expensive gear is usually made with very thin metal cabinets, which aren't massive enough to block gamma rays.  Several layers of bricks slows gamma rays down just enough.  Frankly, a sand bag would work better but can't be adequately pre-conditioned in the unified coherent magnetic field because the grains of sand move around after conditioning, ruining their alignment. 

There's a research team testing the effects of bricks with speakers right now.  They've booked time in a large university's anechoic chamber and have assembled a large number of bricks for testing.  To maximize the brick effect, they have collected several hundred(!) in the same room at the same time.  I understand that a special scientific transport device was used to position them, which was shaped like a giant fork on the front of a small highly maneuverable vehicle.  It was expensive, so they say, and so was the specially trained driver.  He was a member of a labor union too.  Who knew?  Anyway, they have positioned the bricks in a large flat stack between the speakers and the test microphone and have recorded some startling evidence of their effect that is indisputable. 

There's also a developer in Japan who has discovered that the brick effect isn't confined to audio gear, but also has an effect when placed on the listener.  He's working on a prototype now for a head-worn brick stabilizing device with custom molded neoprene forms and active gyro-stabilization for improving wear times.  The additional mass reduces the amount of sonic bone conduction through the skull, which was just another source of audio pollution arriving at the inner ear.  His research seems to have some weight.

So, here's the deal.  You can have my extra bricks for the cost of packing and shipping.  I'm the original owner, and these are NOT the cheap ones you find on eBay.  I guarantee the bricks will have at least twice the effect of the mat.  PM me if you want the details of how to pay for the shipping.  Don't worry, I won't need them back.  I've just signed up as a beta-tester for a new product that may make the brick obsolete.  It's supposed to be an irregularly shaped mass of some sort of dense mineral material found deep underground.  Not sure what it is just yet, but I have no doubt that because of the rarity of the material alone, it's bound to have some amazing qualities as an audio device. 

And this is no joke.  I really will send bricks to whoever wants them, just for the cost of packing and shipping.  If you ask nice, I'll include a copy of the instructions.  But my offer expires April 1. 

Mar 27, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #55 of 57
But your bricks only protect the equipment from vibrations and cosmic rays, while the mat prevents laser light from escaping through back side of the CD and carrying microdetails away.

IMO true neutrality and independence from the harsh environmental conditions we all are exposed to can only be achieved by combination of both technologies.

Mar 27, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #56 of 57
Quote:
But your bricks only protect the equipment from vibrations and cosmic rays, while the mat prevents laser light from escaping through back side of the CD and carrying microdetails away.

IMO true neutrality and independence from the harsh environmental conditions we all are exposed to can only be achieved by combination of both technologies.

I completely agree. But then, neither does anything about the air.  

Also, the mat doesn't address anything magnetic, which of course, the brick does because of the MMT, the Molecular Magnetic Transconductance. Some people disconnect their power conditioners once the brick is properly oriented.

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #57 of 57
I am currently working on minibricks that can be attached to Android devices, you have to listen to believe the wonders it does to sound AND screen resolution. The touch response improved as well, my scores on Angry Birds Star Wars are 20 to 30% better.

They look just like Lego pieces but are made of a different material. I am also studying different systems to attach them to devices, so far I have noticed they also change the effects on devices.

I am yet to find a good combination to Windows Phone and Apple devices. Since the components of these devices are not different from the ones used on Android phones and tablets I discovered there is a function on iOS and WP8 that counterbalances the effect of the minibricks.

I'll keep you guys updated on my findings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back