iMP-450 Firmware
Aug 25, 2004 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anyone have an iMP-450?

I've noticed OGG Vorbis support for almost all iMP players...but nothing for the 450!

Any ideas when a new firmware version will come out?

And one more thing...In the main menu, when you go over the EQ settings tab, what's that fish like thing on top???

I heard you can play snake-bite on specific iMP players...

confused.gif

Aug 25, 2004 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 6
-Any ideas when a new firmware version will come out?
no, probably soon since iriver is putting out a lot of firmwares for every series right now. hopefully.

-In the main menu, when you go over the EQ settings tab, what's that fish like thing on top???
not sure, maybe an indication that the player is connected to the adaptor plug

-I heard you can play snake-bite on specific iMP players...
they have it on the imp350 and imp400.

-Does anyone have an iMP-450?
only you

now i have a question for you:
-how long do the battery last? for audio cd and mp3?
-does it have a 5-bars EQ setting or just bass and treble boost?
-also do you like the black metal top?

Aug 25, 2004 at 2:14 AM Post #3 of 6
And please...can you confirm that the user EQ bass increase goes to 18db?

besides that....just your opinions on sound in general..

thanks!!

Aug 25, 2004 at 6:01 PM Post #4 of 6
Alright...

"-how long do the battery last? for audio cd and mp3?"
iRiver claims you will get about 22/55 hours (just like iMP-550). Note: This is with the external battery pack, and 55 hours is with WMA at 64kbps. I personally get about 20 hours and 45 hours (with MP3 at 128-320 sometimes VBR). My volume is about 5-10/40, so battery is probably lower for you...

"-does it have a 5-bars EQ setting or just bass and treble boost?"
just Bass and Treble...

"-also do you like the black metal top?"
The overall design is the only reason I chose 450 over 550...So, yes I do like the black metal top. The chrome is nice too!

"can you confirm that the user EQ bass increase goes to 18db?"
Yes, the bass increase is 18db.

"-In the main menu, when you go over the EQ settings tab, what's that fish like thing on top???
not sure, maybe an indication that the player is connected to the adaptor plug"
I said in the main menu NOT the now playing screen...

Basically an iMP-450 is a iMP-550 with a different design and half the amount of skip protection and no OGG Firmware yet...

Sonically, MP3, WMA, and ASF never sounded better.

But Redbook CD's don'y play as well as my Panasonic SL-231C (10s anti skip). The sound is slight degraded, even when using 40s anti skip. 160 anti skip really makes it sound bad (sounds more compressed).

NO LINE OUT!!! The line-out is still a second headphone jack!

The Eq is next to mediocre...The iMP-50 has more configuration!

This PCDP is amazing though... its number is higher than some others yet they're better in ALL aspects except battery life!

"-Does anyone have an iMP-450?
only you"
That hurts...

smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 25, 2004 at 6:24 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by 450
"-Does anyone have an iMP-450?
only you"
That hurts...
smily_headphones1.gif

sorry i didnt mean it the way you think. i try to not use sarcasm. used to have the imp400 myself and i didnt know many others that has it. one reason why people didnt get it because they think it looks like a toilet. but this player have awesome built quality and is invulnerable to scratches.

Aug 25, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by 450

The Eq is next to mediocre...The iMP-50 has more configuration!

Sorry to keep dragging this in the mud. I know you have not heard an imp-550, but the preset eq's on it really make huge alterations to the sound...especially in the bass range (with rock and Ubass)

In relation to yout "EQ is mediocre" comment, do the 450's presets have only marginal impact? And specifically, when having the user eq bass up to 18db...is it just way way to much bass... If I can just get your opinion on this I think my theory may be correct....

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back